TOI: Nandini salute to women power-Kirti

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

'Desh Ki Beti... Nandini' is a salute to woman power
Keerti Nagpure

RELATED

A new show, titled Desh Ki Beti...Nandini, traces the journey of a typical Indian woman from the confines of her home to the top echelons of the country's politics. Nandini Pandey ( Keerti Nagpure) works for a wedding planner and is the sole breadwinner of her family. She is also the youngest member in her housing society council. "It shows how a woman can strike a balance between home and society. I am sure it will connect well with the viewers," says Keerti. 

On the other hand, Rajvir Raghuvanshi ( Rafi Malik) is the young scion of a wealthy and prominent political family. "Rajvir has studied abroad and wants to pursue music. He is focused about what he wants in life," says Rafi, who is making his TV debut with this show. 

Sujata Sehgal plays his mother, Gayatri Devi, who wants to fulfill her deceased husband's dream of ruling the nation. 
Says Sujata, "I play a powerful and strong woman, who likes everyone to be organised and disciplined." 

About the tagline of the show " which asks society if a woman can handle the country the way she handles her home " Rajvir says, "I feel women have overtaken men, but they still don't get the respect they deserve." 

Desh Ki Beti... Nandini launches tonight and will air from Monday to Thursday at 9 pm on SonyEntertainment Television.