Anyone else finding this a bit difficult...

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

๐Ÿ˜†  Those of us who have watched the original that is.  

When the desi version is pretty much exactly the same as the American one these 2 episodes, it's becoming a challenge to keep my mouth shut and just discuss this show with those who haven't. We don't want to spoil it for the others, but we are a bit intrigued about  people like Shabana Azmi's character - because I don't think the US version had a female CTU boss in season 1...someone correct me here...

Dilemma. ๐Ÿ˜•  I'll have to exercise some self control. 

I read somewhere that the Indian show will start to change from the original from episode 12 onwards. Really hope it does. 
Edited by PadBear - 10 years ago
If it does hope it wont be what the hindi serials are famous for, the cheezyness and melodrama. 
This show, like its US counterpart, was a means of political commentary. I get the feeling AK's own commentary will make it different, and also India-specific themes.
Originally posted by sunflower52

If it does hope it wont be what the hindi serials are famous for, the cheezyness and melodrama. 

Are you comparing different genres like saas bahu and action?   CID and Arjun with 24 is a little closer but even then, those are procedurals and 24 is James Bond in 24 hours.

I don't think there's time in 24 action packed episodes to do melodrama.
Thankfully at home everyone has seen all 8 season...coz here at IF I also have a lot of difficulty controlling what I say๐Ÿ˜†

And yes, I have also been breaking my head over who exactly Shabana Azmi is playing๐Ÿ˜• For the life of me I can't recollect any lady taking over CTU in Day 1. As a result, I have started seeing Day 1 again๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Manasi_16 - 10 years ago
@ Manasi_16: Me too. Am at epi 7 now ๐Ÿ˜ณ ...still no Shabana ... ๐Ÿ˜†
Okay, I better do further comparisons in the relevant thread. 
I am not exactly finding it difficult but I find it weird that they remakes it in desi style. Ultramodern and Americanized it so much that it hardly looks desi. 
But remember years ago there was a show called Time Bomb by Ketan Mehta. It was actually the first remake of the 24 series but with a different name. It was a good performance by the entire cast.

This one in particular looks too glam sham to me and very hollywoodish. Infact I feel AK looks rather fake ๐Ÿ˜†

I feel there should have been less known cast so that people can actually see the content. But India can't think beyond filmstars and cricketers. So basically they are limiting themselves.
Sorry I said too much, this wasnt supposed to be in general thread. Pls delete Edited by gameon - 10 years ago