One tight slap-Shama

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

One tight slap

Shama Sikandar slaps a film producer for making an indecent proposal

Shama Sikandar might be a recognised name on television with her stint in Yeh Meri Life Hai, but she first started her career with B-grade Hindi films. When she was unable to make it big there either, Shama settled for television. But deep down, Shama always wanted to conquer the silver screen. "Every actor wants to see him or her on the big screen. As for myself, I never quit films. I am just waiting for a decent offer and a role, where I can show my histrionics. I am not the type who likes to dance around trees. I've done it in the past but now that I have got certain recognition, I won't ruin it by taking up any riff-raff," says Shama.
And it was this desire for good work, that made Shama slap a producer who made an indecent proposal. Shama recalls the incident when a PRO called her up and arranged for a meeting with the producer. The actress was made to believe that he was a NRI. Shama was also told that he is a rich man who wanted to invest in films with big starts like Salman Khan, Dino Morea and Emran Hashmi. They even offered her a role opposite Emraan.

Shama went to meet the producer who introduced himself as a Bunty Gosain. "It was all fine till he started acting fresh with her. Mr Gosain asked Shama if she was comfortable doing bold scenes and asked her for a screen test. The man then started making passes at her. It was then that an infuriated Shama slapped him and walked out of the hotel room," says a source. Later Shama was informed that the man was no producer.  Says Shama, when contacted, "I take my work too seriously. And I trust people. I don't even want to recall the incident and I am desperately looking for some good work. I'd rather be more careful next time I meet people for work."