|| the ORIGINALS CC || ~* O Come, All Ye Fans *~

Posted: 10 years ago

The Originals

||Chat Club ||

A spin-off from The Vampire Diaries and set in New Orleans The Originals centers on the Mikaleson siblings, otherwise known as the world's original vampires: Klaus  Elijah  and Rebekah . It was revealed during the backdoor pilot, aired on April 25, 2013, that recurring werewolf character Hayley  is pregnant with Klaus' child.Now Klaus must take down his protg, Marcel  who is now in charge of New Orleans, in order to re-take his city, as he originally built New Orleans. Klaus departed from the city after being chased down by his father Mikael, while it was being constructed and Marcel took charge. As Klaus has returned after many years, his ego has provoked him to become the king of the city. "Every King needs an heir" says Klaus, accepting the unborn child. The child is a first to be born to a hybrid (part vampire, part werewolf).

'Always and forever'

Edited by iluvOriginals - 10 years ago

The Originals Full Panel SDCC 2013

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3ip1SrWB4[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by iluvOriginals - 10 years ago
S1x01: Pilot
short recap

The Originals revisited the past during its series premiere on Thursday, but was the retelling of the show's backdoor pilot (from Elijah's point of view) and the tease of a major cliffhanger ending enough to make you come back for a third helping?

Before you hit the comments with your thoughts, a brief refresher on the episode: The hour folds in quite a bit of footage from the previously aired pilot, which makes some scenes lag. Elijah also is saddled with playing Mr. Exposition for all the new viewers, which is understandable, but it unfortunately slows down the action for those who've seen the pilot. At least the recapping is done in an interesting fashion: Elijah uses his mental powers to "show" Hayley their family's troubled history.

Lest you think it is all a repeat, we do get some fresh flashbacks and introductions, including Hayley and Elijah's first meeting - "Your brother's a notorious psycho " who I slept with. Classic me." - and our first glimpse of the young witch Davina, who's helping Marcel control the other spellcasters. More new intel: Sophie is linked to Hayley, so there's no killing the witch without harming the baby.

There also is a fantastically played exchange between Klaus and Elijah, who tries to beat love into his brother.

"I will not let go," says Elijah as they fight. "I will never let go. Even if I have to spend eternity saving you from your own stubborn, petulant, vile self. If I have to beat you as Father did to remind you of your own humanity, to care about anything."

So why does he care so damn much about his awful brother? "Because I failed you," he replies. "Because the first time our father laid a hand on you, I should have struck him dead. Always and forever, family above all."

It's that family loyalty that ultimately leads to Elijah's downfall, as Klaus realizes that his brother is the one weakness Marcel can exploit. With that, he stakes him, announcing, "There is no power in love. Family makes you weak. If I am going to win this war, I have to do it alone."

Well, crap. Way to dangle the Elijah carrot, Originals. Here's hoping Rebekah shows up soon to unstake him.

A few more stray observations:

- Being the noble man that he is, Elijah makes a deal with Marcel to get back Jane Ann's body so she can rest in peace. During the brokering, Marcel remarks that Klaus is treating what he's done in New Orleans like "it's a cheap knockoff or one of his dumb paintings." Guess somebody's not a fan of snowflakes.

- A little bit of Hayley's backstory unfolds when Elijah asks her how she feels about being a mother. She doesn't know, since she never really had a good mom. She was abandoned as a baby, and her adoptive parents kicked her out as soon as she became a wolf.

Edited by iluvvampires - 10 years ago
 firstly glad to have a thread for the originals so thankyou for making one and also to the mod for allowing.
anyways back to the first epi and i liked it but seriously just when i really feel that klaus can redeem he does something unforgivable. i hate him  for betraying elijah again. god elijah was so freaking supporting him and what does he get in the end a dagger in the heart.just wish rebekah gets him out of this soon.
Edited by MS-meghasharma - 10 years ago
I wanted to watch BUT this dumb baby business is way past my tolerance level. I can't take this idiocy.

I guess, from this thread, I will get all news related to Elijah. I love him.
๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by MS-meghasharma

firstly glad to have a thread for the originals so thankyou for making one and also to the mod for allowing.
anyways back to the first epi and i liked it but seriously just when i really feel that klaus can redeem he does something unforgivable. i hate him  for betraying elijah again. god elijah was so freaking supporting him and what does he get in the end a dagger in the heart.just wish rebekah gets him out of this soon.

hey ya..
evn i lovd first epi..it was awesome

Klaus yes even i thought he is all into elijah's plans but jus den he daggers elijah ..OMG that was just unexpected n shocking... But that is Klaus righ..? ๐Ÿ˜† but i must say it was an AWESOME twist
Redemption he wont get in d very first epi so we have to wait n watch for that..
im excited for nest epi
Originally posted by iMadz

I wanted to watch BUT this dumb baby business is way past my tolerance level. I can't take this idiocy.

I guess, from this thread, I will get all news related to Elijah. I love him.
๐Ÿ˜ณ
ikr nadz even i was very disappointed by baby track.. its lyk BD all ovr agn..
but u kno wat. anything for JOMo๐Ÿ˜‰
n u love elijah then u must first epi..it all from his POV.. Daneil is super hot lyk as always๐Ÿ˜‰

Rebekah Mikaelson ' House of The Rising Sun preview.

Over the course of my long life, I have come to believe that we are bound forever to those with whom we share blood. And while we may not choose our family, their bond can be our greatest strength, or... our deepest regret.

Gotta watch it then.

Wait. A quick question. Did Klaus daggered Elijah?