Desh Ki Beti Nandini

Review - Desh Ki Beti Nandini

Roop4U thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Desh Ki Beti Nandini - The latest show in Sony's kitty

[To set reminder and check TV schedule of Desh Ki Beti Nandini click here...]

Desh Ki Beti Nandini' is the latest show in Sony's kitty. Replacing Chhanchhan' due to its low TRP's, the channel decided to replace it with a political drama. The show has been fit into the channel's schedule by making shows like Amita Ka Amit' and Jee Le Zara' each to a duration of 45 minutes.

The show opens with a wedding saat phere scene, where Duggal sahib', head of National decorators, seems to be worried with vidaai' car decoration. And why not? Our lead protagonist Nandini', in charge of decorations, is nowhere in sight. The scene shifts to the woman, playing the protagonist role and it's a joyous sight to see the same siddhi' buying ballons!

Playing the role of a homely sweet gal, who anybody would take home to meet his mother,Keerti Nagpure, adeptly fits the bill with the starting scene. Highlighting qualities like budget skills, honesty, punctuality, discipline and above all adhering to rules and regulations like a good samaritan, mark the girl's character in the first frame itself. She is shown abiding the traffic rules, yet taking short cut to reach a destination on time.

A little over the top though, the show highlights a superwoman' out of her character. Maybe showcasing skills, fitting the role of a politician, in the audience's mindset, was of prime importance by makers.

Anyway, the scene soon shifts to PRP, a leading political party's office for decoration, where despite Nandini' inkling, she is sent to decorate the office. While decorating the party office, looks charming and playful. She looks like a regular girl-next-door, who is kind and exemplifies humanity.

On the other side, the show highlights a strong political leading lady, named Gayatri Devi, who is shown promising to her late husband that she will make PRP party win. She manages to give a speech, impressing people and also a little Nandini', who is struggling to catch a glimpse of lady, who she has heard so much about.

The underlying theme of the show is to sketch a common character like Nandini's and use it well to highlight a mass character with aplomb. It questions the typical mindset whether a homely woman, will be able to manage the country with efficiency or not. Well, the makers have gone out promoting the show like anything, right from the start, questioning audience and also taking opinions on this subject on as many forums as possible.

Although, Nandini did not look much inclined towards having a political career, it will be interesting to see her journey from a middleclass woman to a political icon. I just hope the makers don't use TRP as the base and make it a tad bit disappointing by incorporating melodrama like the regular soaps.

Stay tuned to watch the next episode, marking the entry of the male protagonist Rajvir Raghuvanshi, the son of Gayatri Devi. Maybe his entry heralds the possibility of a romantic link between him and Nandini in future or else how can we figure her in this plot?

Give in your suggestions and views about the show and let us know what all you liked on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.m.a.r.y.s.i.o. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
thanks for this article😃
anasuya43 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I was eagerly waiting for this serial as there is no  serial  in hindi with  political background at present. It was a little disappointed for me ...
..May be as  I have   watched very good political serial in regional language kannada with powerful  dialogues acting  and scenes ,This serial look just average.. for me
First  It is unfair on my part to compare with other serial secondly only two episodes was over. let  me hope coming episodes will be interesting to watch.
I have express my frank opinion...not like politican...DO NOT BASH ON ME😊

Edited by anasuya43 - 10 years ago