DancinFireflies thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey Peeps...😊 I am hoping this wouldn't bore you. But since I love to blabber I can't resist. 😳. One fine day I stumbled upon IF *Thank God* and read a one shot *It was just one of those things one does when one is absolutely jobless and bored out of her mind🤔* . Prior to that day, I hadn't been into reading. I'd hear the word read, and it was enough to put me to sleep🥱 *well, nearly*. But out of restlessness *Fate has weapons😎* and a need to discover something (Back then, I didn't know what, though now I do) I started reading a chapter or two daily. Then one day, again out of boredom and perhaps because I was meant to, I wrote a one shot. It was crappy. I've deleted all my earlier works since, maybe I should't have. Whatever it was, it was a part of me. Anyway, we all do things we shouldn't, don't we😳. Since then, I've come a long way, writing became a hobby and eventually something that I fell in love with. There's a world in words, for every story I read, I discover a new world *starry eyed*. But although words are fascinating😳, it was the characters which tugged at me❤️. Fiction can never be compared to real life, and likewise fictional characters aren't real people. But to me, at least a part of them is real. The day a reader after reading my ramblings says they connected with the character . . . that the character seemed like a person they'd like to know, or already do, I'd consider myself a writer. Till then, m just someone who is in love with writing.😊 Oops I exceeded the blabbering word limit Tad too long, isn't it My bad😳

When the Wings Unfurl
A Short Story

Where dreams and reality mesh, love sneaks in.

It doesn't seek permission, it doesn't give warning, it just runs havoc with the heart and mind unwarranted.

A touch of love and the wings unfurl.

Dreams soar, Reality dances and the Heart flies.

Index
Prologue Pg 1(below)
Chapter 1 Pg 5
Chapter 2 Pg 7
Chapter 3 Pg 9
Edited by DancinFireflies - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DancinFireflies thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Prologue

IT  IS  AMAZING  WHAT  CHANGES  A  SINGLE  MOMENT  CAN  BRING  IN  YOUR  LIFE. ON  THE  SURFACE,  PERHAPS,  THE  CHANGE  ISN'T  SIGNIFICANT.  LIFE  GOES  ON  LIKE  IT  WAS BEFORE  THE  MOMENT,  BUT  NOTHING,  NOTHING  AT  ALL  THAT  EVER  WAS  WOULD  EVER  BE.

Pretty confusing lines, huh? Well, for a stranger they sure as hell are. But to the person who'd written them, to that girl in blue sitting with a notepad on her lap, a pen between her fingers and a faraway look in her eyes they weren't confusing.  They were her deepest feelings, jotted down in a few lines in a journal that she'd probably read a number of times the very night.

She is an ordinary girl with an ordinary life. Not particularly beautiful, if one considered the beauty of form. She is a girl one crossed on a pathway and never paid any heed to. Then what is so special about her, one might ask. The answer lies in the eyes watching her. It's the vision that matters.

When I look at her, I see a girl so beautiful in her simplicity, in her vulnerability that outer beauty holds no meaning. I look through her and into her soul, and it tears me apart even as it makes me smile at just what I see inside her"An extraordinary Lady inside an ordinary girl.

The wind wafted pass her, like a whisper, and she dropped the pen on the stairs next to her. She looked to her side hoping against hope, only to face the crushing disappointment again. She could feel it, the presence, the unique presence that could only belong to that one person. But the person wasn't there. All she saw next to her were empty stairs and water that seemed to go on forever.

"Come back, damn you. Please." She wasn't someone who cried easily, but a tear escaped her eyes and fell upon the open journal. Her eyes scanned the words scattered on paper. At one time, they used to make sense. They used to be more than words, they were sentences, they were feelings.

She'd written them, it seemed so long ago . . . Lifetimes ago. She read the words but she saw just two. Single Moment"A Goddamn single moment. If she could have, she'd have laughed at the irony of it.

Haw. You can't curse me, you know. I am me, I am lovable, I am the best, you simply cannot curse me. And you damn well cannot cry. I am the fountain, only I get to leak. So you better not steal my role away from me. I don't exchange.

Not like I don't want to come back. I do, I have yet to go for my world tour after all. Were it unto me, I'd have come back right this moment and irritated you until you wished me away again. Which I know, as a matter of fact, can never happen.

Oh, look there, a guy's staring at you. I don't like him. He cannot stare at you like that. But he's tall, so maybe I do like him.

Oh my god, he is walking over here.

Oh my god, he just slipped over a banana peel.

Oh my amazing god, holy shit, he just banged into you and look, you're both in the water now.

Guess what? What exactly was it that you'd written about single moments

*My Bak Bak*

This was for someone very dear to my heart. You're a little mad at me, perhaps annoyed. I know that. I expected it. But you know, when I thought of the story, I wasn't going to do what I did. It was going to be fun, all light and happy. But when I put my thoughts into words they formed into sentences on their own. I couldn't stop it. It poured out of me, literally. I know this is a little distressing, maybe. Reverse situations, I'd have killed you by now, thousand times. No shit! But all I can say is, have faith in me. Remember what I believe in! You'll know what I CAN, and what I CAN'T do.

PS: Waiting for the responses :)
Edited by DancinFireflies - 10 years ago
ChandlerBing thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
It gives me immense pleasure to read this wonderful work. Thanks for being here!
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very beautifully written ... 
are you going to continue this ? 
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Nice 
Looking forward to read the story
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
this is so ineresting! who is that silent observer/narrator?
opsyellow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful start. Looking forward to read more.
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Oooh! I really looking forward to this one!!!! Update soon and PM me too!!! <3
kclovearshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful!! Please continue..
I need to mention I got here because of AthenaA/.Maggie 😊
Chipmunks. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail