Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
The sister is amazing.  My mind goes on like that non-stop too.. a script at work all the time, characters coming and going.
Kirti is a bit standoffish I guess is the word I should say but its more like goofy mixed in with a bit of eccentric so far.  Not a girly girl by a long shot and that makes me like her.

Tall guy 😊  Gautam.. nice

Thanks for updating
DancinFireflies thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have exams this week😭 d update is half done😳 wait for the weekend please😊
ChaiBiskoot thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
this story is a must read.. !
im loving the way ur interspersing the story with this unknown person..

kriti and gautam.. a story to look forward!
dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DancinFireflies

I have exams this week😭 d update is half done😳 wait for the weekend please😊

Best of Luck😃
Donnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
part 1 n 2
nice updates
thanx for the pm

Originally posted by: Purple_Lady

this story is a must read.. !

im loving the way ur interspersing the story with this unknown person..

kriti and gautam.. a story to look forward!

Glad u liked it :D😊

Originally posted by: dqno1

The sister is amazing.  My mind goes on like that non-stop too.. a script at work all the time, characters coming and going. Tell me about it. We're sailing the same boat :)😉

Kirti is a bit standoffish She definitely is.😆 I guess is the word I should say but its more like goofy mixed in with a bit of eccentric so far. Hush! Kriti wud lynch you if she hears this😛  Not a girly girl by a long shot and that makes me like her.  I like her tooo😳

Tall guy 😊  Gautam.. nice

Thanks for updating

Originally posted by: Onir

The part 1+2 : Quite a mix of descriptions and peep into the unseen yet understood characters.. 

Liked this style of revealing stuff and the flow of thoughts in the writing  👍🏼 Makes me wonder and want to decipher it yet feel like to let it flow with the pace planned. Lovely and different way of bringing it out 👏 Thank you :)

The Tall guy!! 😳 Liked his calm and astuteness ... whereas at the same time liked Her attitude and brooding nature as contrast to him. While the needed tadka in form of Her inputs and conversations with anyone and none at the same time. 😉 Glad you liked it :)

Edited by DancinFireflies - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: goldenmoon

part 1 n 2
nice updates
thanx for the pm

thnks

I haven't re-read it. So there are bound to be typing errors. Please ignore them😳

CHAPTER THREE

It's scary when a cynic trusts without questioning and re-questioning. Destiny plays you and just this once you love being part of its chosen game. You don't know the rules of the game, and surprisingly, you don't care for them. She never ceases to amaze you and these days, you never cease to amaze yourself. It's in her nature to trust, not yours. Yet, comfort zone left behind, fears left aside, a smile on the face, you extend the same trust back to her.

I remember the day I'd given you leave to call me by my nick name"a name only family had rights to. It was a first for me, you know. It can be assumed I trust easily because my first instinct is to look for the good in people. But there isn't much veracity in the assumption. It might appear that I trust people, but I don't. I trust the good in everyone, generally. I don't trust them with my feelings. Sis, my trust on you wasn't common place. And, yes, I too never questioned it. Ask me the reason, and I don't have an answer. Well, let's just say when you know, you just know. It was what it was . . . a bond destined to be, perhaps?

That was also the day I'd officially called you Di'.

I know I always forget our Sisters Anniversary' but, you know, I remember how it happened. That should count! Point is I never forget dates as such, but somehow memory jam is forever cropping up on D day. But you know that, right. And you don't mind, not really, I hope.

I am sure I've hurt you every time you had to remind me of your birthday, of our anniversary. The ease with which you forgive me each and every time humbles me.

You've forever maintained that it was always me holding the ties together . . .  Tell you what, Sis, if I held them together, you were my strength. I can be frustratingly careless and excruciatingly cautious all at once. You understood that my carelessness didn't suggest indifference. You understood that my caution didn't suggest a lack of trust in you. And you know the best part, you accepted that.

We've a hell of a bond, don't we!

Wait a moment, what is the date today?

Oh shit! It's our anniversary!

God . . . I really want to wish her. Pretty please, give me a miracle and let her hear me. Unreasonable demand, isn't it? Well, how about a compromise. You can give her a gift from me. Look at it this way, I bug you a lot these days, like all the time. If you give her a gift, I promise I won't bug you again today or, knowing me, let's just make it two three hours.

So . . . Like . . . Don't let her feel sad today. Give her laughter . . . give her smiles and maybe a chocolate to seal the deal?

Seven years . . . Seven years ago a seventeen year old had carved pathways of a new life in the old mould for a nineteen year old. She might have been older in years, Kriti mused staring at the collage in the hallway, but Aashi beat her in maturity. She understood more than her age and more then she let on, yet behaved younger than her years to shield her heart from too much exposure. Many people mistook her cribbing for lack of wisdom, seeing only that which she wanted them to see. Why then"Kriti let her gaze run across the face staring at her from the wall with a twinkling smile and kind eyes"had she let down her defenses enough to give Kriti a peak into her soul?

I am sure if you knew I can read your thoughts (perks of being a spirit) you would have freaked out.

What had Aashi seen in her? Why hadn't Aashi just let her be when Kriti had asked her to? If she had given up she would have been happy and living her life now. Every time in the past seven years, Kriti had crossed some line and hurt her, Aashi had let go of it. When she should have been thinking of herself . . . when she should have been guarding her feelings . . . she was fighting to save their relation. How can a person have so much blind faith? It's dangerous. Any relation should be equal amounts of give and take. Why hadn't she been less giving and more demanding?

What I saw in you? Well, I saw YOU. Why I didn't leave you alone? Simple, because no matter how hard you pushed me away, you knew it as well as I, you didn't want to be left alone. I was thinking of me when I didn't let something as meaningless as ego get to my head, Sis. I couldn't let my pride cost me a Sister. Why I fought? All my life I'd witnessed relations breaking because no one made an effort to save them. It was important to me that I not give up. Had I given up . . . the very foundation of my beliefs would have been reduced to dust. If even after trying things would have fallen out, I'd have lived with it. The knowledge that it wasn't I who gave up would have got me through. That's selfish of me, Sis. Whatever I did, eventually, was for me. And for the record, I was being demanding when I pulled you back every time you tried to break free. Maybe (pulls a face and looks away) I did whatever I did because I genuinely loved you. Don't let that get to your head though.

Are you going to ogle me all day? Get a life, Sis! There are only so much serious thoughts I can digest. Anymore of this, and my stomach goes for a toss. God, please make her stop, I don't like serious!

"Happy anniversary, Aashi" Kriti whispered.

She moved into her room when she heard the landline ring.

"Hello," she said into the receiver.

"Hello... Is this Kriti Parmar? Aarushi's . . . Sister?"

There was a beat of silence before Kriti replied. "Yes."

"I am Idhika Dhawan. Aarushi is a very good friend of mine."

"I know. She talked about you a lot."

"Uh... thing is... Aarushi mentioned you have a degree in Dance . . ." In silence Kriti listened to Idhika.

An hour later, she was standing outside a dance studio and wondering just what the hell was she doing there. When Idhika had asked her to perform as the lead dancer in her play, Kriti ought to have refused. She would have, except this was Aashi's play . . . her dream.

Kriti knew she didn't deserve to be a part of it, but this wasn't about her. Aashi with her twisted reasoning would have wanted Kriti to be a part of her dream, no matter what.

In a way, Kriti mused, this was a punishment of sorts. As long as she remembered she'd dreamt of being a Dancer. She'd beaten the odds by securing that Scholarship to Howard. She'd outdone herself and aced the course. Then she'd come back, and everything was lost in a day . . . in a single moment, really.  

Her passion, if indirectly, had cost her a bond she'd valued above all else. It had cost her a Sister"her family.

She'd promised herself she'd never dance again, that cursed day she'd hurt Aashi beyond redemption. And Kriti never broke her promises, whether made to others or her own self. Except there was nothing"nothing whatsoever"she wouldn't do for her sister.

And so, here she was . . .

I have so much to say to you. But what's the point? You can't hear me. Know that I love you, Di. But I can never"no matter how hard I try"match the love you harbor for me. My feelings pale in comparison to yours. And mine are in no way mild. So imagine, just imagine, the power of yours.

Like you do mine, I can questions yours. Frankly there were moments when I questioned why you loved me so. Insecurities plagued me, too. But then, by doubting your love for me not only was I disrespecting it, I was belittling myself. The trick to be happy is to believe I deserve happiness. Have faith in yourself. Love yourself and life will love you.

"Ouch" Kriti screeched as she hit the road, elbows first.

Doggie, what is it with you and pouncing on my sis? Kindly have some care! Else I'll box your ears! Look what you've done! You've made her hand bleed. You want to pounce? Well, hell, pounce all you like. Just make sure not on a blasted road! Don't look at me with those eyes! No one pulls the cute look on me! And don't you wiggle your tail!

"Dog!" Gautam tugged at Dog's collar, drawing her away from Kriti. "Heel"

"I am so sorry." He helped Kriti to her feet. "She is very well behaved generally." He explained apologetically, "I don't know why she keeps knocking you down."

"I guess she really likes me." Kriti winked at Dog, "Don't you, Dog" Dog woofed.

Oh come on! You call that a bark, Doggie? Doesn't Tall Guy feed you?

Dog barked.

Yeah, that's more like it. You go, girl.

"You're bleeding."

And all because of your dog! For all the muscle, you can't handle a tiny dog?

Dog barked again.

Oh, shut up, Doggie. I know you aren't tiny. I am just saying!

"Oh!" she glanced at her hands. Now that he brought it up, it was starting to hurt, a lot.

"Here, let me see" His fingers touched her and she jumped. "It's nothing. Just a scrape." She glanced at him warily.

"No it's not." Disregarding her startled cry he grasped her arm. "You need dressing and tetanus"

"You mean injection?" she quite simply paled. "I don't need any injections." She pulled her hand away.

"There's a clinic two blocks away. I'll take you there."

Good, that at least you have some sense of responsibility. Yes, I am mad at you, Tall Guy!

"Whoa!" she said when he attempted to pull her along the sideway. "I am not going anywhere. Much less a clinic."

He ignored her.

Macho is cool, Tall Guy. But with my Sis, it's another hit against you. Not that I care. I am mad at you, after all.

"Leave my hand. What the hell! I said leave my hand. You can't drag me."

He paused, throwing her a stern look over his shoulder. "Quit it!"

Her jaw all but dropped. "You . . . you . . ."

He smiled and resumed walking, dragging her behind him.

"Who the hell do you think you are to talk to me like that?" she moved to stand in front of him.

"Ma'am, you can yell at me later. Please, let me take you to the doctor first."

Did you say please? In that tone? Maybe I am not that mad at you! Sis, you should listen to him.

"I don't want to go."

"Please."

Damn, I wanted to be mad at you! Alas! You won't let me be mad, will you?

"Oh come on. It's just a scrape. I don't need a doctor."

Sis, while you are at it, have your eyes checked.

"Are you always so stubborn or is today special?"

"Look, Mister. You're crossing the line."

No he is not. It's not his fault you are hardheaded. He could break a coconut on your head and it won't even leave a dent!

"I apologize. But I am taking you to the doctor."

"I don't like hospitals!"

Aw . . .

"It's a clinic"

"I don't like clinics!"

Rolling my eyes.

"Not going to change a thing."

"I don't like injections."

Shaking my head in exasperation.

"Many people don't."

"Are you daft?"

Now, why would you ask that? Are you, alongside being hardheaded, mule-headed, too?

"No, why? Are you?"

"That's not funny."

I don't think he was trying to be funny in any case.

"I've never been the funny kinds." He shrugged.

Why do I doubt that?

"Huh? You don't seem the serious kinds to me. Clingy, more like."

Rudeness becomes you!

"My dog knocked you down." He opened the car door for her. "So, I take you to the doctor."

Bingo!

"I don't mind being knocked down. Doesn't that count?" but she got in the car.

Nah . . .

"No"

"Stop being over familiar."

Kill me! That was only a form of expression, God, don't take me seriously!

"It's a request."

Kriti wanted to argue, but she made the mistake of looking into his eyes. The plea was evident in them. She looked away. "Fine."

He smiled and got behind the wheel. "Thank you."

"I'll buy you a chocolate." Gautam said, as she shifted in her seat, eyeing the injection.

"Don't talk" she snapped.

The doctor brought the needle closer to her arm. "Can't I take meds?"

Nah! Poor you, sis.

"It'll be over before you know it."

"You tell me!" she muttered.

Sarcasm!

"It won't hurt. Just a pin prick." Gautam assured her.

"Don't talk." She bit through her teeth. It was because of him that she was sitting in this stupid clinic, getting a stupid injection. She could lynch him.

Technically it was his dog"who is locked in the car! I feel bad for Doggie.

The needle touched her and she recoiled.

"Hold her arm, please?" the doctor said to Gautam.

Gautam did as instructed.

"Seriously. I'll have as many meds as you want. Put that thing away." Kriti flinched.

"Look at me." Gautam whispered.

She did.

"How about chocolate and ice-cream, too?"

Tall Guy, you are sweet, if you didn't know.

"I am not a child." She told him.

"Don't you like chocolates?"

Who doesn't?

"I didn't say so."

"Settled then."

Is it?

"Stop treating me as a child." She smiled.

"Last I checked, chocolate was food for all ages." He said matter-of-factly, no smiles!

Bingo.

"Ouch!" she squealed.

"Done." The doctor said.

Finally!!!

"You don't have to." She said awkwardly staring at the chocolate in his fist.

"I want to." He replied, smiling.

That smile did things to her belly. "I don't even know you."

"Uh . . . We can remedy that. Flight Lieutenant Gautam Dhawan at your service, Ma'am. 28. From Shimla. On a vocation here. I am an only child but I have many cousins. I have a female dog I gifted myself on my last birthday. My mom says I am the best man she knows, after my father, of course. My cousin sister says I am an ass for a bro. My friends say I am a nice fellow to be around. I say it would be amazing if you tried to get to know me."

She laughed. She couldn't help it.

"Friends?" he asked once she met his gaze.

"I . . . guess"

There's your beginning, Sis. The start of your love story. You don't know yet, but this guy will turn your life upside down and you'll love it. Thank you God.

Hey peeps, the past would be revealed, in bits and pieces, as the story moves forward. Bear with me. Hope you liked it.

To you-know-who-you-are . . . XOXOXO

PMs Later😳

Edited by DancinFireflies - 10 years ago
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
part 2
awesome...
interesting...
so nice...
why do i feel the narrator is not alive or something else?