Balloons & Sanitizers - What a start :)

Posted: 10 years ago
I'm not sure if 2 episodes are enough to make a conclusive judgement but I am very impressed with whatever I have seen so far. Sony shows are generally an apt case of "unchi dukaan pheenke pakwaan" - their new shows have captivating promos but the actual episodes/content never lives up to the hype, but thankfully enough, DKBN seems to have turned things around πŸ‘πŸΌ

Considering the political backdrop of the show I was expecting it to be somewhere between a snoozefest and an overdose of mahaanta courtesy Nandini but the makers have played it out very well.The screenplay, the characterizations, the acting, the dialogues, the background score, the editing, the costumes, the sets, everything has been bang on or atleast close enough to it. The casting appears to be near perfect, Keerti as Nandini and the actors playing Gayatri and Abhay leave a mark. 

Nandini isn't depicted as being overly OTT in her goodness and there is a sense of realism in the way they have presented her. She does good deeds for others within her means and also completes her work with honesty and integrity. She is out there to do her bit for the community but has no political ambitions and is not out there to beat her own drum. She is simple, she is real and she is relatable. Full marks and credit to the writers, director and Keerti herself.  Her introduction scene with the balloons was very well shot. She has improved in leaps and bounds from Parichay and is great in this show. Her performance, diction, body language, expressions have come together very well and you can see the confidence in her performance. I hope she continues to do well and prospers even more through this show πŸ˜ƒ

The characterization of Gayatri Raghuvanshi is very interesting and the actress portraying the role brings the emotional turmoil as well as the authority the character commands, to the fore very well. She carries a lot of pain, but she also holds a will to succeed and fulfill her husband's desires. Not sure if she will transform into the full fledged evil saas who will trouble, torment and ultimately rip her bahu to pieces, but for now she holds the aura of a strong woman and a confident political party leader 

Abhay is another character who took me by surprise. His presentation on the woes of the common man and how PRP had to get down to a human level to connect with their voters was impressive and very accurate. He didn't bubble wrap the blow, he gave it to Gayatri to her face and showed her the truth. You cannot sit in comfort and understand the sorrow and misery of someone who lives hand-to-mouth. They may as well not end up doing anything substantial for these people once they are in power, but to win votes, the projection that they "understand" the troubles of the aam junta is essential. He will obviously be the one to probe Nandini's participation as a candidate for the party, because it will fulfill their intention of relating to the common man. He does come across as a little sheepish, he could very well have his own ulterior motives considering he plays such a prominent role for the PRP party but I guess only time will tell.

The additional characters, Duggal Sirji, Nandini's family, Pandey ji etc. are also well cast. Raffi as  Rajveer made a decent debut, he reminds me of Ali Zafar and I laughed out loud so hard when whipped out his sanitizer like a boss...πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†... Too early to judge what Sanitizer Bhaiyya's acting chops are like but lets hope he puts up a competent performance.

Overall a very good start for the show and fingers crossed for a better road ahead. Maybe my opinion is higher due to my very low expectations but I hope they maintain the standard and the sanity and the sanitizer too...πŸ˜†

πŸ‘πŸΌ
πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by lovergirlalina - 10 years ago
Originally posted by DeepShadow

I'm not sure if 2 episodes are enough to make a conclusive judgement but I am very impressed with whatever I have seen so far. Sony shows are generally an apt case of "unchi dukaan pheenke pakwaan" - their new shows have captivating promos but the actual episodes/content never lives up to the hype, but thankfully enough, DKBN seems to have turned things around πŸ‘πŸΌ

Considering the political backdrop of the show I was expecting it to be somewhere between a snoozefest and an overdose of mahaanta courtesy Nandini but the makers have played it out very well.The screenplay, the characterizations, the acting, the dialogues, the background score, the editing, the costumes, the sets, everything has been bang on or atleast close enough to it. The casting appears to be near perfect, Keerti as Nandini and the actors playing Gayatri and Abhay leave a mark. 

Nandini isn't depicted as being overly OTT in her goodness and there is a sense of realism in the way they have presented her. She does good deeds for others within her means and also completes her work with honesty and integrity. She is out there to do her bit for the community but has no political ambitions and is not out there to beat her own drum. She is simple, she is real and she is relatable. Full marks and credit to the writers, director and Keerti herself.  Her introduction scene with the balloons was very well shot. She has improved in leaps and bounds from Parichay and is great in this show. Her performance, diction, body language, expressions have come together very well and you can see the confidence in her performance. I hope she continues to do well and prospers even more through this show πŸ˜ƒ

The characterization of Gayatri Raghuvanshi is very interesting and the actress portraying the role brings the emotional turmoil as well as the authority the character commands, to the fore very well. She carries a lot of pain, but she also holds a will to succeed and fulfill her husband's desires. Not sure if she will transform into the full fledged evil saas who will trouble, torment and ultimately rip her bahu to pieces, but for now she holds the aura of a strong woman and a confident political party leader  Aaah one can't escape that nagging thought πŸ˜•

Abhay is another character who took me by surprise.His presentation on the woes of the common man and how PRP had to get down to a human level to connect with their voters was impressive and very accurate. He didn't bubble wrap the blow, he gave it to Gayatri to her face and showed her the truth. You cannot sit in comfort and understand the sorrow and misery of someone who lives hand-to-mouth. They may as well not end up doing anything substantial for these people once they are in power, but to win votes, the projection that they "understand" the troubles of the aam junta is essential. He will obviously be the one to probe Nandini's participation as a candidate for the party, because it will fulfill their intention of relating to the common man. He does come across as a little sheepish, he could very well have his own ulterior motives considering he plays such a prominent role for the PRP party but I guess only time will tell.I find him to be a pretty interesting chararcter and honestly won't be surprised if he has a far more prominent role than Rajveer! Infact I am expecting a good level of Abhay - Nandini bonding.Hopefully he won't double cross Nandini as a certain Abhay did with Siddhi πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I would have infact hoped for a Nandini-Abhay pairing if it wasn't already disclosed that Rajveer-Nandini will be going around the sacrificail , oops ceremonial fire!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But since thats given , hoping for some interesting yet friendly dynamics!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Come what may the ideal bharatiya naari in me forbids any ashudh sambandh!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ[I had to explicitly state this lest the makers misinterpret my noble thoughts]πŸ˜†

The additional characters, Duggal Sirji, Nandini's family, Pandey ji( I am not so sure about Pandey ji (Nandin's dad) , I happen to recall a certain scene where he was supposed to seem amused but looked like he was pinched real hard on his bottom insteadπŸ˜•πŸ˜•) etc. are also well cast. Raffi as  Rajveer made a decent debut, he reminds me of Ali Zafar and I laughed out loud so hard ( I laughed when I saw his purple and yellow colored luggage! πŸ˜‰)when whipped out his sanitizer like a boss...πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†...(And he thought the speed breaker was a potholeπŸ˜•πŸ€’! And honestly why did he grasp Abhay's thigh ?πŸ˜• Whats will all the touchy lubh? I shudder to think of what Desh Ki Beti maybe getting intoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) Too early to judge what Sanitizer Bhaiyya's acting chops are like but lets hope he puts up a competent performance.

Overall a very good start for the show and fingers crossed for a better road ahead. Maybe my opinion is higher due to my very low expectations but I hope they maintain the standard and the sanity and the sanitizer too...πŸ˜†

Keerti's entry was fab her character and family are relatable as said in most of her interviews .So till now the promise is kept hope they don't lose their path further .😊
Nice post πŸ˜Š It was indeed an awesome entry and a good start for a political show. The PH and Sony seem to be very professional , and they are trying in every way possible for the show to succeed. 
There is one more thing i liked : they somehow manage to portray a kind of realism in the show. Like when Rajvir made his entry , the question media asked ; aap ko ghar aake kaise lag raha hai ?  Really πŸ˜†  unfortunately these type of things happens in our country. 
Edited by -Roshani- - 10 years ago
Nice post πŸ˜› i too like keerti(nandini)'s entry scen very much  and like that they are keeping everything simple and nothing OTT ...and wish and Hope they go with the theme which they promoting then it will be more appriciateble ...As of now i am satisfied with what i seen  in the show till now..😊
Originally posted by chitsss

hahahaha! This post made my day! It was awsm ! Im enjoying DKBN a lot and rajveer is quite a character 🀣 as 4 abhay 😳 lol ! And keerti is rli fab! Once agn gr8 post ! Spec the luggage and sanitizer 🀣
Riya πŸ€—  so nice to read your post after ages πŸ˜Š
I haven't watched the show yet but your's & Chits comments are making me curious to give in πŸ€” KN ke pichale show ka zakham abhi bhara nahi aur Abhay yahan bhi hai  πŸ˜†
 Oh haven't we already witnessed the horrors of a psycho saas...Imagine Gayatri chasing after a pregnant Nandini saying "Mere Vijendra aayenge" and feeding her kheer and nagging her for hot showers...πŸ˜† Oh the horror!
πŸ˜•πŸ€’ Riya why torment me with hideous memories . My insomnia is going to get worse! πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†...Haha...Considering the makers of this show also make shows filled with loads of garbage, I will not be surprised if they lose their minds at some point and play passing the parcel (Nandini) wala marriage game. Lets hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, it won't come as a surprise, when makers run out of a story, everybody gets married to everybody else..πŸ˜† Ofcourse they are like Kunti Mata "Share and prosper" πŸ€’

He grasped Abhay's thigh??? When did this happen? What have I missed? Confused...But it sounds so wrong, not sure if I want to see this πŸ˜†I notice such trivialities if not anything else !πŸ˜†πŸ˜†