What we see is reality a reality !! - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by maha2us

That man was having high self-esteem and he never would underestimate himself and he always had high opinion about himself. Any woman would be drawn to such type of man.   
Really?
Originally posted by peridot.

Really?
I would love to know is this statement in reality true.. Really I donot think so... Not all if any ...
Originally posted by Sneh-Jiwan

I would love to know is this statement in reality true.. Really I donot think so... Not all if any ...
It would be interesting to see if the ladies on the forum agree to the statement in bold 😃
 IMO most women have the uncanny ability to see through put on arrogance , real arrogance and confidence 😛 To me the statement in bold  looks like oversimplification and wistful with a hint of envy 😆
Originally posted by maha2us

What you say is really true, Sneh. They do show cruel MILs who are really very cruel to their DILs. Some of the things they show are really exaggerations. Still the question which comes here is why the shows are fascinating when at times they are far from reality and that is where I concentrated on answering. 
I will give another example here. In a film, they showed a car mechanic talking all sorts of lies to a young woman who is a successful business owner. She tells him that she is a reporter changing her name. That car mechanic tells so much about how much that lady business owner was drawn to him. He talks a lot of lies to her. Yet she wouldn't tell him to shut up. On the other hand she was drawn to him. How did this happen? That man was having high self-esteem and he never would underestimate himself and he always had high opinion about himself. Any woman would be drawn to such type of man.   

It happened because the writer of that story wanted her to. 

Sorry, are you really concluding this based on this film?  I am a woman and I would definitely not be drawn towards such a man whose high self esteem and high opinion is backed up by lying.
Edited by kavyasam - 10 years ago
Most of the movies or TV soaps dramatise for entertainment value. People usually watch these soaps for entertainment and as an escape out of mundane reality. Very few would have any educational value. Yet it is possible for some yound viewers or olders ones but immature to draw conclusions about real life from these soaps or movies. That is where the trouble starts. They get a distorted version of reality.
Speaking of reality even our own lives is like a dream sometimes !

Strange things can happen and things can suddenly disappear and appear back. I once placed a watch in a cabinet in a little cup, there was hardly anyone at home except for a part time maid. she left just about the same time the watch disappeared. I could never fine the watch again and thought she had taken it.
But about 4 years later I found it at the same spot I had left it.
in a little cup in the kitchen cabinet.

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

Speaking of reality even our own lives is like a dream sometimes !

Strange things can happen and things can suddenly disappear and appear back. I once placed a watch in a cabinet in a little cup, there was hardly anyone at home except for a part time maid. she left just about the same time the watch disappeared. I could never fine the watch again and thought she had taken it.
But about 4 years later I found it at the same spot I had left it.
in a little cup in the kitchen cabinet.

wow interesting.. as teenager I once saw a guy falling off steps few seconds before he actually did..quite freaky. no one ever believed me
Movies and tv shows are not meant to be real. They are like portals for us to get away from stress and frustration in our daily lives. For 30 minutes we forget the worries in our life. So I don't think TV shows have to be realistic, its for entertainment not for learning life lessons (although it is not a bad thing).

Nice topic!
i dont know i just know that i hate these soap serials...they have no meaning and senseless...
This is a good topic..
First talking about movies ,
There are some movies like dabaang which r just for entertainment
But on d other hand there r movies like taare zameen par or 3 idiots which have a proper story.. Which describes d way our society is today.. They describe the problems faced by today.. Such movies r definitely worth the watch!
People may go to watch a film like dabaang for two reasons
1. Just for pure entertainment!
They r so tenses up in real lives that they too need some relaxation for themselves

2. Simply , for their favourite actors

But nowadays people are opening up to cinemas which r rare. They don't only want a massy film.. They need films like highway or queen .. They need realistic cinema.. Hence now the number of such movies are coming up..

Queen was such a film which maybe people wouldn't go to watch first day first show..
Maybe because Kangana was not a renowned actor like Priyanka or Salman?
But eventually because of the critical acclaim the movie got , people watched it !!

Similarly in television,
Yes I agree there r some stupid soaps which we , youngsters won't like.. Those type of serials are not made for us.. They r made for the older generation ! What do the older people have to learn from serials ? Nothing ! They have experienced everything.. Such serials r made for them!

There are several tv shows which r made for the classy audience..
A show like Halla Bol which airs on Bindaas shows how women fought against their injustice !

Hence I conclude by saying - shows an movies are made for different types of audiences and not for everyone as a whole

Ps - my POV! Dint want to hurt anyone