Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bridgeofdreams thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello,
Thank you for the trust even though I have not given you a clear storyline for the FF.
It's The second of November!Happy #ArShiAlmostKiss Anniversary.

Chapter One:
Defiance

Rejected!

The word echoed in the living room.

"But how can you reject before seeing him?"

"I do NOT want to see him. What I've heard is enough."

"Have you heard anything bad about him? Has anyone told you that he is not good?"

"No! I'm not fond of knowing anything about him."

"Why? This does not make any sense."

"I'm still young, and my elder sister is not married yet."

"Are you worried for Payal or is it something else?" A third voice butted in.

Payal Gupta looked at the three faces around her at being mentioned; Khushi Gupta, her sister, had been arguing over this topic with Buaji since two days, and now her Amma joined the controversial issue which was a cold argument. The matter was that the Guptas had been informed by a lady neighbour that a ladka, who likes Khushi, wanted to propose for  Khushi's hand. Khushi had been calling him ladka refusing to consider him a man, she also replied sarcastically that her hand is not something to ask for! And the word rejection was the most uttered word in the Gupta haveli along with its synonyms in the last two days.

"I don't want to get married before Payal, plus I have my bachelor to finish."

"You're a third year student Khushi, so you have to give him a chance. Maybe you will never get a good rishta like this when you are done with your studies. Chances knock your door just once in life. Who knows maybe you'll like him. And as far as Payal is concerned, you know that we don't believe in that all elder-sister-should-marry-first notion. Payal is beautiful. She had many proposal, but none was suitable for her, but Maan is really suitable for you." Garima Gupta tried to reason to her daughter.

"He is suitable for his Geet," Khushi mumbled sarcastically. "What makes you think that he is suitable for me?" Khushi argued back.

"He has all what a girl wants. He has charms, wealth, a good family and a nice job. He is educated as you want."

"Is that all what a girl wants?"

"That's exactly what girls want." Madhumati Ji replied- the widow sister of Shashi Gupta, who was living with the Guptas after the death of her Nandhe Kishore's type of a husband.

"This means only two things: either you don't understand what a girl wants from a life partner or I don't know anything about girls and their wants. And I'm with the first option for sure."

"Is that how you think, Sanka Devi?" Madhumati retorted.

"Amma, Buaji, please try to understand. It's just I don't want to get married, okay? Not about the ladka or something else. The idea of getting married while I'm still studying does not appeal to me. So please before thinking of fixing a date to meet his family, say that you don't have girls for marriage or something. Whatever it is, just don't invite them here." Khushi said as a matter of fact, and they know once Khushi decides on something, she goes on with it without caring if others agree with her or not. It seems that Khushi closed the topic with her arguments giving no room for anyone to ask her anymore.

Once in her room, Khushi grinned victoriously to herself knowing no one would like to argue her over this proposal. She settled herself on her bed, and opened a novel to read it. Her university would start after a week, so she grabbed the last chances of reading  another novel after reading many novels during the vacation. This is called a not-letting-go chance not that Maan's.

Having some minutes of peace at being alone in her room was interrupted by Payal's entry. Payal's face reflected an annoyance which surprised Khushi. So her sweet sister can get pissed off actually or maybe just a little bit annoyed, but this was a progress, right? Khushi thought amusedly.

"I don't seem to get your point of view, Khushi. And don't you dare use the excuse of being the youngest one here because you know that I don't care for being single." Payal spoke putting a hand on her left hip while moving the other in the air.

"And I don't seem to get why everyone looks so thrilled out with that proposal thingy?" Khushi asked back.

"Answer my question," Payal huffed totally uncharacteristically.

"Why should I marry him?"

"He has everything a girl would want as Amma said besides he like you. it's not as if you were chosen by his parents, so it's kind of not an arranged marriage."

"First of all, I don't know what's with what-a-girl-want dialogues. Do all girls think stupidly in that way? And like? Define like? I will not marry someone who likes me without knowing me. It means that he likes how I look. What if i were not this beautiful, attractive and all? He would not have liked me, right? He basically does not know me and the way I see things. Likes me? Should I turn into a dutiful wife who would wait for her husband to satisfy him when he comes back home after a hectic and long day at work and to get everything out by some sexual activities." Khushi was almost spitting fire. She spoke up what she was thinking about regardless it was really not the only thing, but the main reason although what she had told her Amma and Buaji about is also true. Payal shot Khushi a have-you-gone-nuts look before saying, "That's not how guys think?"

"Well, most of them do. It's not that I'm offensive here, but in such cases, I can't help but think about their motivations behind an arranged marriage."

"Khushi..." Payal sat on Khushi's bed, "is it possible that you don't accept the whole idea of getting married? That you don't believe in marriage?" Payal spoke narrowing her eyes at an exasperated Khushi.

"What? No, jiji. It's not true. I believes in marriage, relationships and all, but I'm not ready for marriage yet."

"Why?"

"I've other things and responsibilities in life rather than thinking of some sexy guys. I have a day to get busy in, a future to plan for and studies to complete. Isn't all of this enough to wonder about and work for? I'm happy with the way I live. End of discussion." Khushi decided to open up for her daughter thinking it's the best way to end the topic besides she wanted Payal to have a cue about some of her thoughts. The key word here is some because Khushi was not a one who expresses her thoughts or feelings usually.

"Sexual? Sexy? What's with you and these words today, Khushi Gupta? Are you seeing some sexy guy? A boyfriend from your university?"

"Don't be silly. I was saying what some so-called sexy guys think about. If I have a boyfriend I'd rather pity him than loving him. I barely get time to have my meals aur woh bhi very late. Don't you notice that you're asking a lot of questions? I'm busy right now, so if you don't me excuse me." That was Khushi's 'sweet' way of saying get out, so without waiting for Payal to leave the room first, Khushi got engrossed in 'The Wuthering Heights' once again. She had always wanted to read it, but never got the chance before. Forgetting the world around her, the proposal and everything that ever had occupied her mind, Khushi was drawn in the novel. Khushi gets attached to the fictional characters so easily than real people that she wondered why? Was it because the fictional ones are somehow clear for the reader or if mysterious still we can assume their next acts also some how? Or the fact that they are portrayed to attract the reader's attention? Or because they cannot hurt you an any way? Why does fiction appeals more attractive to the eyes? Maybe because you find there what you miss in your life?

Since school days she loved libraries more than any other place; a place she can sit there, and travel around the world by reading some lines in some novels, a place where she found solace, comfort and what not? When those are the very feelings we crave for, which give us security and tranquility.

________

A soft laugh echoed in a place not far away from the Guptas Haveli, in Raizaada Mansion, hearing the fresh story of a proposal. Anjali Jha put a hand on her stomach as it hurt her due to laughing too much. A figure was standing at the main door while the conversation was on listening to the last news amusingly.

"Khushi is unbelievable sometimes," Anjali commented with a soft voice.

"Yes," Payal, who narrated the story to Anjali, agreed with her. "If you were there Di, you would have had a lot of fun."

As the phone rang in the Raizaada Mansion Payal Gupta's heart started beating in a racing speed anticipating the caller ID.

Again I must say that you need to look at khushi from all the angles while reading the story in order to understand her. I started the story with this chapter just to make Khushi's character clearer to you.

I pinpointed at an important issue here which is getting the younger daughter married before the elder one. Some people find it not right just because of the society, thinking of what will people say! Well, my younger sister is married and I'm single, it's not an issue if someone wants to complete his studies while others are ready for marriage.

So in this FF along with Arnav and Khushi's story,  I'm going to give some scenes to understand the characters more.

Let me know what you think of the update.

Edited by bridgeofdreams - 6 years ago
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
LOL that was such a nice chapter!
I am still trying to know though why you have named it as Twilight because many Fans of the Movie will relate with that :P Ehehee

Anyways. Coming to the chapter..okay so Khushi is not much into relationships at the time..she kinda reminded me of Arnav with all the firmness. ;) 

I am sooo eager for Arnav's side of the story! This is very intriguing! Continue soon if possible and thanks for the PM.

P.S. You know we can PM 50 people from now on. :) not 20..

oKBSo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
I like this story... awesome Khushi
praseetha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
loved it.
aleena.1884 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice start... hoping to see ASR in next chappy.
n payash's a couple here ri8...
dharsh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow...new beginning :)
and the title is just awesome you knw? yeah i love the movie :P 

vaise bhi , i love this ff too from now on  ❤️  loved it :) 

and khushi's tantrums in the story abt marriages...

awesome update!

loved it!
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
super i am with kush in this
dhanyac thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome update...
loved it...😊
dialuvarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hhahha khushi is awesome.loced it.raizada's know gupta's then where in the hell is arnav
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous
loved itbn