NivRen OS: Knowing A Stranger

edwardcullen19 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

NivRen OS: Knowing A Stranger

"Take your lunch before leaving and don't you dare step out of the house without finishing your breakfast and don't trip on the front steps of the house again in hurry. Nivi, are you listening to me?" Avantika Sharma's voice rung loud and clear through the house, making Nivi cringe at the way her mother was shouting. At this rate, the entire neighborhood will get to hear about the do's and don't list that her mother was shouting out for her.

"Haan, Haan I got it Maa, stop shouting now for heaven's sake." Nivi shouted back, picking up her hand bag and rushing out of the house as her father looked up at her amusedly, while reading the newspaper.

Two minutes later, Keshav Sharma saw his daughter rushing back to house and shook his head in amusement, returning his gaze to the newspaper. He very well knew what was about to follow.

As expected, he saw Nivedita running out of house after 5 minutes while clutching a book in her hands and in the hurry, tripping on the front steps of the house falling flat on her face.

"Lo, phir gir gayi. How many times do I have to tell you the same, beta?" Keshav heard his wife shouting again. Without coming out to see it, she knew what had happened.

He chuckled as his daughter stood up quickly, dusting off her white chooridar while scowling at the steps as if it was all its fault. Bidding bye to her father, she rushed away and started running for another marathon.

To get to the bus on time.

"Hathoon key lakiroon pay matt jaa ae Ghalib,                                                             Naseeb unkay bhi hotay hain jinkaay haath nahi hotay ...

Kaiday-hayaat, banday-gham asal may dono eik hain,                                        Maut say pahlay aadmey gham say nigaat paye kyun ?

Matt poonch key kya haal hai mera tere pechhee,                                                  Tu dekh key kya rangg hai tera meray aagay ...

Hazaroon khwaheeshen aise ki har khwahesh pay dum nikale,                         Bahhut nikale meray armaan lekin phirr bhi kam nikale ...

Nazzaare nay bhe kaam kiya waan naqaabb ka,                                             Mastey say harr nigaah terey Rukh par bikhar gaye ...

Jala hai jism jahan dil bhey jal gaya hoga,                                                                   Kuraydtay ho jo ab raakkh, justjoo kya hai ?"

Nivi smiled shyly as she read those lines while sitting comfortably on the seat of the bus which was moving to her destination, Vidya Peeth College. Being a teacher who taught hindi to college students meanwhile studying for her Ph.D. was not easy but Nivi loved her job. Reading Mirza Ghalib's words while travelling was her favourite pass time.

She was still admiring the words written by Ghalib when a shrilly whisper jolted her back to reality.

"Chand si mehbooba ho meri, kab aisa maine kab socha tha,                          han tum bilkul waisi ho jaisa main socha tha."

Turning her head to left, she glared at the person who was standing nearby her seat and was smirking down at her. Can someone please do the honor of throttling his neck before she does the same?

Looking back at her book, she stared at the pages blankly not really paying attention to what Ghalib wrote. This person always dressed in button down shirts and formal trousers, not to forget looking devilishly handsome, has been singing songs to her since past one week and that too her favourites. At first, she ignored but now it was too much.

She stood up abruptly realizing that she had reached her destination and rushed to exit from the bus, accidently bumping into the same guy who stepped aside the next moment smiling charmingly, giving her space to walk out.

Her heart fluttered as she glanced back the bus and saw him staring at her. Blushing deep red, she walked towards the college while clutching the book closer and tried to calm down her shooting heartbeat.

Who is this guy seriously?

"Nivi beta we need to talk to you." Her mother said nervously, making her keep down the book she was reading. She narrowed her eyes looking at her parents who were literally sweating in nervousness.

She kept on watching as her parents kept looking at each other fearfully. Slamming her palm on the table, she said sternly "Okay Maa and Papa, out with it."

"A guy is coming to see you today in evening." Her mother said hurriedly.

Her gaze travelled to her mother and her father before the truth of the words dawned upon her, making her stand and shout "WHAT?"

Her parent's flinched, leaning back she towered over them in anger "How dare you both do anything like that?"

"We can do that very well. You are 24 years old, working as a teacher. Now you need to put your book down and get ready." Her mother said sternly, gaining her courage back. Nivi whined as her mother pushed her inside her room.

Burying her face in the pillow, Nivi started self-pitying.

"Sarayy raah jo unsaay nazarr mili,                                                                          To naksh dil kay ubharr gayay,                                                                             Hum nazarr mila kar jhijhag gayay,                                                                     Woh nazarr jhukaa kar chalay gayay"

She turned back with a jerk after hearing the familiar voice, saying her favourite shayari. Her widened seeing the guy she met daily in the bus standing in front her, smiling as always.

"YOU? What are you doing here?"

Bringing his hand forward, he said huskily "Hi, I am Viren Sood."

"So?" Crossing her arms on her front, she said stiffly.

Viren looked at her confused not saying anything as she continued "First you were stalking me in the bus and now you have followed me till my house?"

Raising an eyebrow, he said "Is that how you behave with the guy who comes to see you?"

"What? You are the guy who has come to see me?" Pointing her finger at him, she countered back.

"Yeah, I guess I am the one." Viren replied with a smirk.

"Then I am saying no' straightaway." Nivedita declared haughtily.

"You won't."

"How can you say that?"

"Well I know you like me as well."

"I don't like you. I don't even know you." Nivedita said defensively.

"Well I am Viren, working as a software engineer in an MNC. A week ago, my car stopped working and I sent it to get repaired and traveling in bus since then. I saw you there and liked you. I tried to flirt with you causally when 2 days back, my parents showed me your pic for marriage. I immediately said yes. Is that enough or should I say something more?"

Looking away, Nivedita smiled discreetly yet Viren saw her smiling "We can get each other to know more before you say anything for this proposal?"

Nivedita nodded shyly as Viren smirked handsomely. She never knew that knowing a stranger can be this entertaining !!!!

Happy Birthday Uzi !!! This is especially for you 🤗

Edited by edwardcullen19 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UZIS thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

😛😃😳👏😊👏👏👏

What a wonderful OS as a surprise gift for me ...😳
i lov it to the core...
Really, it brings back Nivren memories...😊
So Nivi is a hindi teacher...n she loves Ghalib's shero shayaris...purely urdu...all shers r really nice n aptly used in this OS 👏
Neeti... hugs n lots of luv for this exclusive surprise 😃
FrozenRain thumbnail
beautifully written niti..I'm dreaming abt our nivren while reading this OS...just beautiful..
deepti_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Neeti amazing OS..love the story so much..its so diifferent from ur other ones..totally unique 👏..beautifully written!!
edwardcullen19 thumbnail
awww thank you all 🤗