Portrayal of Women in the shows

StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Hye everyone!!!

I believe , while watching some shows and quit watching them before 50 or less episodes that the show makers are not doing a very good or impressive job when it comes to portrayal of women in the show,she's being insulted,abused both by words and physically as well and even after that she falls in love with the man who always end up hurting her more than anyone else,instead of fighting for her self respect she goes gaga over the guy thinking about his eyes which had pain in them,how pathetic secondly when it comes to married women in the show the husband keeps on saying harsh words to his wife and don't even care insulting in front of whole crowd and the very next moment the man pacifies his wife and they are seen singing romantic songs together,in a household ofcourse when there are so many people living in the house there can be differences but why its always like that all the ladies except for the heroine are evil and kept on conspiring against her,making things difficult for her,and on knowing their true faces she forgave them because she's epitome of goodness and only she can forgive others no other can because they are bad ladies and cant do or think anything good.A mother in law treats her bahu like her daughter but than suddenly due to some stupid reason without knowing the truth she begins to hate her bahu and bahu being foolishly blind didn't see her change in behavior and never asked back why she's treating her like that???

Where's the logic in all this???

Suppose you are engaged to some guy and for some reason he is angry but make things worst by turning a personal argument into a public one and insults you in front of everyone,will you think of continue the relation with this guy??a man who cannot give respect or keep personal issues personal in a relation how can he ever protect his wife from evil eyes outside???Does this guy according to you deserves a second chance after what he put you through????After making the personal issues public can he again gain your respect?Even if he showers roses on you will you ever forgive him??Or is there a way that guy can undone the injuries he gave you???

A woman keeps trying to melt her husband/fiance/boyfriend by putting her self respect and dignity at stake knowing he's wrong,he should be taught a good lesson but no she keeps crying and praying that one day he will melt but didn't fight back to his insults and forgives him everytime,knowing how wrong he was,and than again he's shown doing something which hurts her badly but she again forgive him.

Not with anger or aggression but with cool mind and tricks a woman can handle these problems and most important making everyone realize that she didn't like the way she was treated and that she has a self respect too,but she must raise her voice against wrong so everyone will realize that she's not weak and is brave and clever to retaliate when she's not treated well,be it everyone her inlaws,her husband,fiance or boyfriend.

But!!!!If a man crosses his limit and get physical by means of slapping than this requires a strict action against him,but unfortunately in shows the girl falls for the guy which sounds to me quite shameful,she can be taken for granted anytime and no matter what happens???

I understand there are good and bad people everywhere in this world,people who cannot see other getting happy so they will naturally harm but when you know their true colors you will definitely try to be careful next time so they will not harm you,you can use your own tactics of being good with that person so at the same time you can keep any eyes on them but when it comes to the serials the goody goody girl becomes blind and thinks she has done good something for the vamp so she will definitely remember this and will become good girl like herself but the vamp keeps taunting and conspiring against her and the heroine keeps ignoring her.

About poisoning minds!!!Breaking her trust in someone is so very easy,breaking her bonds with someone very close to her heart is very easy,instead of having faith you also begin to conspire against her,what a pity it means a woman trusts no one,not even her own instincts and doesn't believe in the most important relations.

Again when it comes to man,no matter how many times he pulled her hair,her hand leaving marks on them,saying harsh words to her she falls for him,does that mean that every where in this world in any religion where women are being abused and when they protest against it they should not because for man she's an object of both abuse and pleasure so why fight for her rights?why raising voice when she's raped or beaten by a man?why raise voice against eve-teasing?Well that's what I have gathered from the shows running these days.That women should be taken for granted she has no feelings and no self respect any man can make her act according to his wishes,and the same goes for the women,she's telling man no matter how cruel you are being with me I will make you fall in love with me.

One side men are shown burning faces of women with acid,I read a story of a woman who got divorced because her husband used to beat her badly and she was very very beautiful after the divorce he suddenly comes to her and threw acid on her face and told her she was so beautiful and so any man would love to marry her so this is her punishment that she got divorce from him and  can never marry any other man,he face was completely burned and even after the plastic surgery it never gets the same.

Some of the shows openly tells and gives awareness to public about the violence against women and how women can save themselves from it on the other hand women are shown getting willingly abused by men,the family members sorry the so called members of the house are against the woman as well and keep doing things to harm her.

So , to the show makers, please teach women first how to fight the enemies of the house than she fight the enemies outside the house too,because she's the epitome of innocence and goodness she doesn't know how to teach a lesson to those who hurts her or maybe she's born with that sense lacking when someone is constantly causing her harm and she cannot sense it.

Thanks
Mallu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Are you talking about Meiej and Rishbala? 😆 I have really mixed feelings about it...I will write more later...but will say one thing...I like jungili billi more than adarsh bahu.
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

You have a very good point!
Particularly in new or current shows the creators do make an attempt of starting off with a new type of woman-main lead- they try, continue it till 100 or so episode until all of a sudden you see a drastic change in her character most likely of some stupid reason, seriously the reason is def very stupid!

Why?
Because of the audience, their mentality, their POV's, their opinions matter so much!
There is no point of new leader with liberal thoughts and opinions when he/she has no supporters!
Than there is no point in trying to make portray a "new" type of a woman!
I am certainly not saying that all shows turn out contradicting their own beginning of the show
but most do!

Because they are too afraid of what the world is going to say about them! The person next to them?
people are illegit wimps of trying to voice their opinion, Life is so much easier when you just agree with the majority instead of the minority overlooking if they are right or wrong!

There so many individuals trying to change the world's thinking but 1/3 of population agrees and the other 2/3 does not that person sooner or later does give up! Because he/she has no choice! not even that, apparently they are assassinated the next day! how? no one knows!

I can go on and on...

-Zainab
Edited by _Littles12_ - 10 years ago
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Originally posted by: shweta2728

Are you talking about Meiej and Rishbala? 😆 I have really mixed feelings about it...I will write more later...but will say one thing...I like jungili billi more than adarsh bahu.

okay since we are not in the MB forum, I can safely speak my heart out without people coming after me with knives and rakes. (unless you choose to bring em here, in which case, I AM WATCHING YOU😈)

I have a problem with Jungli Billi too. Why? because it is taking the term "sex kitten" which is used for subs in the kink community and putting it in a context outside the bedroom. If that's their thing at night then cool but in front of people, it is used the word billi to dismiss any argument or intelligent remark the woman makes as "cute" and "adorable" instead of listening to the content. It is ignoring her rejection of you and calling it "being fiesty".

And don't even get me started on how messed up their relationship was/is/and has become.
Whatever I said above is maybe a jar in a sea of other similar examples.

P.S. I am strictly responding to MB's plot but will come back to comment more generally. This topic deserves its own editorial essay, maybe even a book.

-signed
DonnaAteYourBrain
alina.b thumbnail
Originally posted by: DonnaHarvey

okay since we are not in the MB forum, I can safely speak my heart out without people coming after me with knives and rakes. (unless you choose to bring em here, in which case, I AM WATCHING YOU😈)

I have a problem with Jungli Billi too. Why? because it is taking the term "sex kitten" which is used for subs in the kink community and putting it in a context outside the bedroom. If that's their thing at night then cool but in front of people, it is used the word billi to dismiss any argument or intelligent remark the woman makes as "cute" and "adorable" instead of listening to the content. It is ignoring her rejection of you and calling it "being fiesty".

And don't even get me started on how messed up their relationship was/is/and has become.
Whatever I said above is maybe a jar in a sea of other similar examples.

P.S. I am strictly responding to MB's plot but will come back to comment more generally. This topic deserves its own editorial essay, maybe even a book.

-signed
DonnaAteYourBrain

Actually Madhu's character now is a dumbass (one word?) adarsh bahu...who can't get her frickin professional and personal life straight even though many women do that all the time and balance bother their lives very well...but our brainless bechari ablanari wants to do nivaraans all the time!!! If you don't watch MBEIEJ then smart choice...cuz this show is just so stupid now!!! Would love to elaborate but I'm feeling sleepy...so maybe tomorrow morning...Do you still watch?
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
^much like my poor jungli billi seems like my commentary has been ignored (joking, I hear ya sleep and all)
I do not watch it.
I still think RK is the bigger dumbass but Madhu is a close second. If I could get a dollar for every time she has cried, I'd have like a ton of dollars. 
bila_a thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have so much things to say about this and one of the reasons why I left IPKKND-EBP. Right now I'm reserving cause I need To go to sleep. 
-Inferno- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Oh this list can go on and on. 

Makers try to make shows with a unique lead character each time, atleast that's what they promote, until they get her married off and become the typical lead character that has been repeated over and over again on television. 
They make the women seem so dumb and emotional after a certain time that I feel like banging my head on the wall. For example, recently watching Qubool Hai and I can not explain how much it irks me when Zoya is shown to be American (brought up) and yet so dumb!? Like she just stayed with Ayaan just because Asad thought it was right and he handed her to Ayaan. What?! If it was any sane girl she would have refused her so called lover and probably ran back to New York. 
The same goes with the likes of Khushi, Geet, Purvi, Archana, Madhubala etc. All started as today's version of so called women and then turned into piles of cry babies. 
The blame though goes to the audience who don't accept new concepts and just stick to the old rona dhona. I have seen so many good and different shows go off-air thanks to the lack of TRPS generated. 

Also, while we are at it, what is with the MEN in these shows as well? 
Honestly, why are men shown to be rich manhandling bipolar brats that act like girls? I mean, yes, they look good but does that mean that once they say sorry after mistreating you, its okay? 
This goes to the likes of Asad, Arnav, RK etc. All the so called "right kameenas" out there. 

I remember liking this one show called Rishta.com, it was actually interesting and for once, it seemed a bit real. 

.sariminoz. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
fed up of these shows which portray women as weak ...i seriously want a big change in indian tv ...change is really required befor everyone start loosing their intrest in indian tv shows
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
All tv shows centers around women ..But hardly anyone of them show the real women ..thats is the truth ...They actually show her weak and doormat