Debate Mansion

TD-Insanity at the Greatest Level

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi All

This week we are here to discuss about the various ways in which the Guhas take the viewers for a ride. This can be their tactics to keep the viewers glued to their serial with rapt attention. But I think the viewers have come to a general opinion that the Guhas are overdoing a bit.

We can give many instances to point out this. The series of dream sequences shown in the last few weeks just point out that the Guhas want the viewers to just remain loyal to them. It so happened that a week ended with a particular sequence, after great speculations from viewers, the Guhas started the next week, showing it as a mere dream.

Sometimes, it does happen that the promo shown is just a teaser and the scenes shown do not happen at all... To justify this, i would like to tell you all that a moonlight sequence between Disha and DK sitting on a bench was shown in the promo. But, this never came in the story line.

So, What do the Guhas expect the viewers to do? Just watch the serial, avoid the promos!!!!They keep playing with all the viewers' emotions, show the serial on a high one day, the very next day, take the story to the lowest ebb possible. The Guhas must understand that these day to day transitions bring the viewers' expectations to a sudden halt. After great anticipations, all of a sudden the story is again in Square 1. Will the Guhas ever stop this switching attitude? Will the viewers be subjected to more of insanity, unbelievable dream sequences, more of melodrama? Can the Guhas ever take the story line as per the viewers' likes?

Friends, Please put forward your views regarding the Guhas......

Moderator and Viewbie Group, IF

Edited by sree_20 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi sree_20

I totally agree w/ u on this, yes twists make serials intersting but I feel producers or whoever in charge shud make them reasonable..i mean they are husband and wife afterall and in this day and age, they are making them so helpless..its insane to say the least.

spirit
nikkitherealist thumbnail
TD is more dream and less real-time drama now. 😑 Promos are supposed to give viewers brief glimpses of what is coming but in TD's case this is not true so just ignore the promos.

I understand the makers have to put in some twists and turns to keep the viewers interested (and to dragggggg...) but actually ignoring the real world completely makes it a huge joke. I mean how can someone even think of getting married again when they are already married to other people ??? Did we even hear of divorce being mentioned ...No!

The Guhas cannot fulfil every viewers expectation but there is no need to insult the viewers intelligence either!
So all in all TD is now a joke to the point that viewers are finding alternative entertainment.
Minluvsdrav thumbnail

hey i agree wit u guys, hw can dishas mum think she can get disha married off witout disha sayin or ne1 else sayin netin wen infact disha is already married i mean is that likely to happen in the 21st century that we all live in i think not!

i dont like the whole thing wit thinga happenin n it turns out to be a dream for eg disha picturin dk fallin down the stairs dreams like tht jus make the show unrealistic and a joke!

i also think that the whole dk n disha story shudn b stretched and milked dry they shud either get disha and dk back together soon instead of spendin like 3epsiodes on the same day and events or they shud jus get them divorced and married to other ppl- although the latter is not prefferable.

luv

minnie

meme_ma thumbnail
I am so disappointed with the show because of the nonsense that goes along.I got hooked on to it because it seemed straightforward and to the point(like pakistani serials) but it all changed after that mataji came back to her senses.
Other than the fact that both of them are married to each other legally and ritually, they are also two very strong people and to destro thier charcters so totally makes this serial even worse than anything else on TV.
Take Astitva for example, stupid things happen their too but at least they do not undermine Simrans character.I am not too crazy about that show but I almost want to say "Guhas, learn something from that serial"
Like someone said almost every episode has a dream sequence.It is reaching a point where I am tempted not to see the serial altogether.I want something more real and I thought TD had it but the Guhas a destroying it.
They also do not focus on one misunderstanding at a time.There is so much going on, on so many different levels, that it is getting difficult to keep track of who has a misunderstanding with whom.
bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

πŸ˜† It is actually not only the Guhas, but all the TV serials producers who take us for a ride by churning out nonsense day after day and torturing us. Astitva and now TD have been fooling us always with this dream sequences 😑. We are all left with no choice, either we have to take it or leave it. and we the audience end up taking it πŸ˜³πŸ˜­πŸ˜•. It is so weird , at one time Suhas told Vedant that she considers him like her son and now she plans to get him married to Disha. I wonder why in all serials the protoganist has to become the Tyag ki Murti . Before Disha gave tyag ( sacrificed ) her childhood love ( that GOD for that πŸ˜‰) and now DK for the sake of his mother wants to go away from Disha. Why can he not explain to Disha the real reason instead of making her hate him. I mean in real life I wonder if such people do exist πŸ˜•. Anyways my two cents.

Cheers

Lata

jingle thumbnail
twists and turns are just used to drag the serial the producers of the serial r under the wrong impression that their trp's will increase and they can increase their fan base in this way but it is totally opposite the unexpected turns are really disgusting😑
SalK thumbnail

i am totally in agreement to this....its absolutely horrible what they r doing to the serial TD....DK & Disha r married and it is not right for them to get married again..if that happens then the serial will definitely go down in public viewing...come on the two main characters moving away from each other coz of some stupid misunderstanding...and as for Sumitra aunty...what is going to happen if she finds out what big mistake she has done by hurting Disha, her real bahu...she probably will get a heart attack then who will be responsible...its just silly tooooooooo silly 😑
rm_apple thumbnail

I agree with you sree.

Dreams sequences are okay if its happens once in a while.. but it has become repetitive.. all these promos and teasers are not helping TD imporve as a serial.. they should stick to reality... one gets confused as to what was real and what was a dream.. moreso it makes the serial very predictable and when this happens, the audience lose interest in a show..

They also must stick to reality..  All these serials start out good with a good gripping stroy.. somewhere along the way the writers lose track and take the audience for granted..

satimann thumbnail

I agree with everybody else, what if DK told his mum when she thought that Disha is her daughter-in-law instead of Pori at the first place in the hospital, they just gave the stupid twist by doing that, I haven't seen anybody dying after knowing such a small thing.

It would be more interesting if they have shown Disha as a bahu and her staying back even after the 6 months because of her realisation that she actually loves DK.....................I have lost my interest in this soap like all other ones.