Frequent Posters

sincereme thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Congratulation for new thread..
Waiting for the update
nishu_shorna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats on new thread...waiting for the epilogue...
IronButterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sad to see this ending =/
Congratulations on a new thread.
Edited by IronButterfly - 10 years ago
Chamkili06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
eee
i dint knw an epilogue ws cominggg :P
ammuse thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Congrats on the new thread
vks11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
waiting. waiting waiting dear Jenny...
IPK007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
EEdited by IPK007 - 9 years ago
IPK007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

AUTHOR'S NOTE..

Hey friends,

Thanks a lot for sticking with this story and for all the love and appreciation you've shown. I really appreciate it a lot. When I first started this story, I had meant it to be a three shot as I felt I was not really qualified enough to write any more on such a sensitive topic. Not having lived in India for the past twenty years, I felt kind of guilty writing about the Indian Freedom Struggle too, but I had been always been deeply interested in India, it's history, it's culture and getting such positive feedback from you encouraged me to write more.

So thank you so much for all your kindness in overlooking the shortcomings of this story.

The inspiration for this story came mainly from three sources: R. N. Tagore, Satyajit Ray and Dad's library, which is full of books on Indian history, especially history of the so called 'Raj' period.

So with this epilogue, I end this story too and hope and wish that you liked it and that it did not seem too disjointed to you. I must confess, I had a really hard time writing it as there was just too much to cover in a single epilogue. 

Looking forward to your feedback.

Lots of love,

Jenny :) 

PS: I have just one more SS going on right now...'INTOXICATION', please buddy if you would like to be notified of it's updates.

Edited by IPK007 - 10 years ago
IronButterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What a painful wait it was but finally it is here and totally worth it.

You have beautifully captured their relationship and it's growth.
All angles are well covered.

Khushi's letter made a lot of sense. That's exactly what her family would have wanted from her.

Really liked how Arnav is giving her the freedom to be herself. Maybe because he knows how important freedom is. In all senses.

They both define the word companionship. And now there's little Arjun too.

The family reunion was lovely.

This has been a wonderful journey.
Thank you
Edited by IronButterfly - 10 years ago
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
r
~Edit~

What a wonderful man your Arnab is. Honorable, loving, noble and kind. A man of principles. And yet so real.. I was especially warmed when he lent that old lady a patient ear despite his tiredness and the eagerness to get back home. 

That scene between Thammi and Arnab was just so overwhelming.. the poor lady had to see so much pain and several even during the last leg of her life.. thank god she was able to hold her grandson in her arms. Those who have the love of a family are blessed, its unfortunate that often, one doesn't realise its value until you almost lose it. 

I also loved the everyday romance you have infused into the story of Arnab and Khushi, finding love and happiness in simple, rather mundane things - a cup of tea, a kiss on the forehead.. so sweet! 

And then the last bit - reminiscing the old days, realizing how far they have come.. and how blessed they are inspite of the hardships because they have each other and the love they share. Beautiful. I'll miss the story, Jenny! 
Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago