Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: The_Alchemist.

@the question in the title :

Probably because they don't end up getting pregnant which involves    their physical body and mind to a great level...? πŸ˜•

this is like saying ___ don't take any sort of rape as seriously if the victim doesn't get pregnant.Confused
Awfulggt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I don't think "pregnancy risk" is a really good criteria to
address severity of rape.

Pregnant women get raped, and they are already pregnant

Pre-pubescent girls get raped and they don't risk pregnancy

Post-menopausal women get raped and they don't risk
pregnancy

Infertile women get raped and they don't risk pregnancy

Rape can be oral or anal and that doesn't risk pregnancy

Rape can be with foreign objects that doesn't risk pregnancy

The risk of pregnancy is just one factor in rape. Victims
who get pregnant due to it face additional trauma and dilemma on what to do
with the fetus, but that doesn't mean other rapes are lesser.

Rape is a traumatic experience. A person is violated physically
and emotionally. Every victim deserves equal support and empathy.

I was just passing by this forum and left a casual statement on a serious topic just on reading the title. that was a mistake. Agree with all the points you mentioned. that said,I do think that this group of women who get pregnant are in a worse situation because of the additional responsibilities that fall on them without their consent.
Awfulggt thumbnail

Originally posted by: iMini

this is like saying ___ don't take any sort of rape as seriously if the victim doesn't get pregnant.πŸ˜•

No it doesn't mean that. Edited by The_Alchemist. - 10 years ago
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Men rape women for various reasons mainly for lust, un-reciprocated love, revenge etc. It is a way to punish women & show that men are more powerful. Such men have no respect for women. 

Women too rape men. But such cases are very less. Usually a woman alone cannot rape a full grown man. She needs the help of other girls. But a woman alone can rape if the victim is a young boy. Usually such cases do not make headlines as they go unreported. In some cases the men enjoy being the victim or do not report for the fear of embarrassment. But some cases do get reported & such women are punished. 

When women are raped there is the risk of being brutally injured, becoming pregnant, or even murdered. Survivors are traumatized. In some society there are people who also make the life hell of such rape victims by passing bad comments on them. Such women cannot even get married. Some women get so depressed that they commit suicide. 

When men get raped most people don't think it is a big loss. But there are victims who get traumatized. 

Then there are cases where men rape other men & young boys too. 
You see Evil comes in all forms.
Edited by .chiquita. - 10 years ago
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Zorro,  If you ask question, 'Are you trying to provide an excuse to all such men with hurt feelings?'', it is really a personal attack. if you ask question to someone based on his comment, it has to be for trying to understand the point of view of the person who posted the comment.
I asked the question from psychological perspective. The more important point here is Duri was definitely mentally hurt. And there was no one to console him.  And the question still stands, is he supposed to have no feelings? That is what we are supposed to conclude. Probably Bhishma and Drona could have his attention diverted showing his strengths. Even his father could have done the same and shown ways by which he could have loved and valued himself better. I never accept what he did is right . But one thing we definitely have to point is his hurt feelings were never given importance. If only right people had given importance to his hurt feelings, probably so much tragedy could have been avoided. 

I am not sure whether women are more often hurt than men. But each hurt is hurt which deserves to be healed .. As of Draupadi's case, what was done to her was not done in an isolated place. It was done in front of elders and her husbands who never tried to stop the disrobing person.  The hard part here is no one including Bhishma showed any moral courage and I never justify what anyone did including even what Pandavas did. They all are responsible for what Duri did.
Edited by maha2us - 10 years ago
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .chiquita.

Men rape women for various reasons mainly for lust, un-reciprocated love, revenge etc. It is a way to punish women & show that men are more powerful. Such men have no respect for women. 

Women too rape men. But such cases are very less. Usually a woman alone cannot rape a full grown man. She needs the help of other girls. But a woman alone can rape if the victim is a young boy. Usually such cases do not make headlines as they go unreported. In some cases the men enjoy being the victim or do not report for the fear of embarrassment. But some cases do get reported & such women are punished. 

When women are raped there is the risk of being brutally injured, becoming pregnant, or even murdered. Survivors are traumatized. In some society there are people who also make the life hell of such rape victims by passing bad comments on them. Such women cannot even get married. Some women get so depressed that they commit suicide. 

When men get raped most people don't think it is a big loss. But there are victims who get traumatized. 

Then there are cases where men rape other men & young boys too. 
You see Evil comes in all forms.

@bold:no one enjoys being the victim.
 Its an unexplainable loss.

Originally posted by: maha2us

Zorro,  If you ask question, 'Are you trying to provide an excuse to all such men with hurt feelings?'', it is really a personal attack

Save that for a real one. πŸ˜› You may not have to wait too long πŸ˜†

. if you ask question to someone based on his comment, it has to be for trying to understand the point of view of the person who posted the comment.
I asked what I thought your comment suggested to me.
I asked the question from psychological perspective. The more important point here is Duri was definitely mentally hurt. And there was no one to console him.
umm-- a common situation these days. None close by to console most people.

And the question still stands, is he supposed to have no feelings? That is what we are supposed to conclude.
Not at all. People are free to feel any damn feeling they want but not free to commit crimes due to their feelings of hurt, anger, sorrow or self pity.

Probably Bhishma and Drona could have his attention diverted showing his strengths. Even his father could have done the same and shown ways by which he could have loved and valued himself better. I never accept what he did is right . But one thing we definitely have to point is his hurt feelings were never given importance. If only right people had given importance to his hurt feelings, probably so much tragedy could have been avoided. 
Right about thatπŸ˜› If only his old man or his guruji had similarly expressed his feelings ( they were supposed to have feelings after all) by kicking his butt outa that dice game a great tragedy could ve been avoided
That would have diverted Duri's attention as well have shown the  real strength of both the kicker and the kicked πŸ˜‰

I am not sure whether women are more often hurt than men. But each hurt is hurt which deserves to be healed ..
hey but who deserves to suffer doing all that nursing of the wounds and why πŸ˜’
Some people can get hurt at the drop of a hat. One way to heal that is by kicking that hurt out by a bigger hurt. We often get to see such "mentally hurt" people inflicting much bigger physical hurt on people around them. That may heal their mental hurt but now who the heck is going to heal the physical hurt that these hurt ones cause? Before they spread around their misery I would be better to nip evil in the bud and thus heal the society from such tragedies 😳

As of Draupadi's case, what was done to her was not done in an isolated place. It was done in front of elders and her husbands who never tried to stop the disrobing person.  The hard part here is no one including Bhishma showed any moral courage and I never justify what anyone did including even what Pandavas did. They all are responsible for what Duri did.

Wow! some excellent logic here! All were responsible for Duri's action except Duri himself πŸ˜ƒ     --Maha-2-US,  tussi mahaan ho puttar πŸ˜†

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: The_Alchemist.

I was just passing by this forum and left a casual statement on a serious topic just on reading the title. that was a mistake. Agree with all the points you mentioned. that said,I do think that this group of women who get pregnant are in a worse situation because of the additional responsibilities that fall on them without their consent.

I guess you didn't mean it the way it sounded.

Yes, pregnancy due to rape adds to the trauma. But in general all victims of rape have suffered trauma of some sort and deserve support.
Awfulggt thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I guess you didn't mean it the way it sounded.

Yes, pregnancy due to rape adds to the trauma. But in general all victims of rape have suffered trauma of some sort and deserve support.

Yep I guess it sounded real bad πŸ˜• . I just meant that this is a much worse stage(as pregnancy involves responsibilities on the woman towards it's new born)...even though all rape victims suffer badly. 
-bLEu98- thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Rape is all about power.
And if a man, all powerful, complain of rape then there is a question mark raised on his machismo. That's how it is seen by the society. And the police force is just a dysfunctional institution of our society.
I had read a report in 2013 about a guy being raped by two men in Delhi.
It didn't receive a lot of attention, but I'm sure you can find some online articles on it.
One thing made me hopeful is that it was reported as news and not a piece of mockery.
Way too many men are raped during war, especially war prisoners. It's because of shame and the feared loss of pride, that the victims don't speak up.

This is not about men's rights/ vs women's rights. It's a joint fight against patriarchy, that's equally harmful for men and women.

PS: I've not an iota of respect for shows like Savdhan, Crime Patrol etc. because they sensationalise sensitive issues regardless of the impact they have on viewers. just my opinion. 
Edited by -bLEu98- - 9 years ago