pls delete this topic thnx - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
oh my god this.
i have been ranting about every single thing you have written on this for years.

yes, i get that it doesn't happen as often as it does to women, but it does happen.

reserved :)
I have no idea what this topic was about..but it looks like it was about male rapes..and I think RTH has pretty much summed up the problem & i agree with everything except the following :
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Believe it or not the only way to protect boys and young men from this trauma and get every rape and abuse case treated equally is feminism. Not the misconception about feminism that states all men are evil misogynists, but genuine feminism that encourages equality of the sexes. We need to end the stereotypes that this is how girls behave and that is how boys behave. We have to end the stereotypes that men enjoy sex no matter what while only women are emotionally vested. We have to end the assumptions that men are always stronger and dominant and men who are weaker than women are effeminate pansies. We have to end the notions that homosexual acts strip a man of his manhood. We have to end the notions that being a victim is a loss of masculinity. And to do that we have to change the way men think about themselves and other men - socially, psychologically and biologically. Women have to change too, but the change of male attitudes is key to this. Because in the end the truth is the same male dominated patriarchal legal and social systems are guilty for abuse of both women as well as men.

How can 'feminism' be the solution to this problem ?..😲 ðŸ˜².. your suggested methods to deal with this problem are spot-on but terming it 'feminism' is counterproductive in my opinion..mainly bcoz victims of male rapes fear being stigmatized as weak sissy boys .a.k.a 'feminine' & if u approach them for helping them with something called 'feminism' they will run away bcoz the terminology is in itself messed up as it will off-handedly confirm victim's stereotypical feminine status.. why name it 'feminism' ?.. cant people come up with a gender-neutral term in this case ?.. if u really intend to help the victim here, you wouldnt have a problem with changing the name to something that is gender-neutral...besides, we have already had our share of debates on what feminism actually stands for in another thread "Feminism in India" ,so i am not looking forward to the same debate again.. my point here is , helping a male victim with 'feminism' is not helping..this help should be made independent of 'feminism' & should be based on 'gender-neutrality'.. only such an approach will help male victims to break away from the stereotypes & seek help, otherwise you ll push these victims further away since ur approach though anti-patriarchal , still is emasculating since u ll further strengthen the belief that the victims are sissy as they are taking a refuge under 'feminism'.. moreover, anti-patriarchal approach need not be feminine-inspired or emasculating , it can also be gender-neutral.. approaching a male victim to help with 'feminism' is further emasculating for the already emasculated male victim..so help the male victim with proper intentions & people can/should save the aggressive marketing of 'feminism' for some other time... 

P.S ... I am not saying that 'feminine qualities' are 'weak qualities' ... I am just saying that just as females identify with their gender & take pride in being 'feminine' & get offended when someone calls them 'manly' , similarly , men too derive this sense of pride from their own gender identity & might feel less-of-a-man to take refuge under 'feminism'... similarly transgenders take pride in their own gender identity... technically  speaking there is nothing wrong with that , its just human nature, we identify with who we are ..the fact that, overall 'feminine qualities' are considered 'weak' is a different matter altogether.. feminism may or may not be a solution to this problem , i am skeptical about feminism..i feel bringing in a notion of gender-neutrality-equality is the proper solution here..however, i dont think its very considerate to bring in the 'feminism' agenda while dealing with male rape victims..thats very very insensitive in my opinion..you can bring in a similar agenda to help the victims but make sure that the approach is not gender-biased & feminism IS gender biased..i feel that the notion of  gender-neutrality should be encouraged to deal with this problem..and while the feminists can take liberty to claim that they stand for gender-equality , they certainly arent in a position to make similar claims when it comes to gender-neutrality..and i believe gender-neutrality is the key to 'gender equality' .. 

Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago
Women abuse,it's just that it doesn't get reported as much as crimes committed by men
@ topic dealing with male rapes ( though the topic post has been edited out but i am guessing this is it)

I think almost all points regarding male rapes have been covered , so i am just gonna blow past it & put forth something that hasnt been discussed yet here & is rarely/never discussed even in the real world..

About male child rape..a male child being raped by a man is far too obvious & understandable since the general population can understand how it happens, the male child is clearly a victim here, even women sometimes sexually abuse children though its rare but still understandable bcoz the male child is clearly a victim here ..though people are familiar with this concept of male child sexual abuse, there is something that is never discussed bcoz most people simply donot understand it..i dont know how to explain this phenomenon which i am about to explain but i ll try.. 

Some male children are physically capable of ...errr.. producing physiological reactions which most males are able to achieve only post puberty .a.k.a. 'an erection'.. even most men donot understand it bcoz most men never experience it , for most men erection begins to occur around puberty time , so they simply cannot relate to this problem..there are young boys who are physically aroused even at a young age..though they do not understand anything about sex , their bodily reactions makes them restless & curious..and these boys are most likely to experiment at a very very young age & this makes them more susceptible to child sexual abuse..the child will actively seek sexual activities & will jump at any opportunity provided..so when these boys grow up ,they think they werent abused since it was consensual without realizing that they werent at an age to give consent to such an activity..someone mentioned "Chris Brown having lost his virginity at 8" & i think he might fall into a similar category..i wish there was a scientific term to describe this phenomenon..if anyone knows anything about any such term which could explain this phenomenon, please do post it..i feel that it is necessary to understand & know this phenomenon to help these male children who could end up being victims of child sexual abuse or worse , they could end up being a rapist at a very young age without knowing what they are doing..so i think this is one problem that deserves attention.. 
Attaining puberty isn't necessary for girls to orgasm,I see no reason why it should be different for boys.
Among Indians Anurag Kashyap and Ranveer singh have spoken about being sexually abused.
People know it happens,they are just uncomfortable about it.I wonder if Indians are waiting for something as bad as Nirbhaya case to happen to a guy before people start speaking openly about it.
Originally posted by iMini

Among Indians Anurag Kashyap and Ranveer singh have spoken about being sexually abused.

Don't know about Anurag Kashyap, but Ranveer Singh and Ranbir Singh both have bragged about losing virginity at a very young age. Their partners were also under 18, so it wasn't sexual abuse or rape.

Although yes, sex at too early of an age is an issue of concern.
Edited by return_to_hades - 9 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Don't know about Anurag Kashyap, but Ranveer Singh and Ranbir Singh both have bragged about losing virginity at a very young age. Their partners were also under 18, so it wasn't sexual abuse or rape.

Although yes, sex at too early of an age is an issue of concern.

never heard of ranbir Singh's case, Ranveer said it was with a much older lady,he didn't really specify that lady's age.
BTW who is ranbir Singh? did you mean kapoor?Edited by iMini - 9 years ago
Originally posted by iMini

BTW who is ranbir Singh? did you mean kapoor?

I thought Ranveer said she was one of the older girls in school.

Ranbir Kapoor. Yeah. 😆 Singh. Kapoor. Ranveer. Ranbir. Same difference. 😆
what was this topic about? Sexual harassment faced by men?
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

what was this topic about? Sexual harassment faced by men?
yup,harassment,assault and abuse