Metti Oli

Nakkal : i51 onwards - Page 6

rojapoo thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Episode i63(??)

A.kulam. Infant Bhavani is screeching. TS is looking thro the glass frame of the photo with a fresh garland around the photo. Dhanam comes running and picks up the baby and gives her a bottle of milk. The baby sucks furiously and Dhanam eyes the baby with mixed feelings - " this kid might ask for my share of theenis in future? Thank God, there will be no more pombalai pullais in this house, Can i have this baby all to myself? etc etc.,"Saro walks in and gives a benevolent look at both girls and thinks" These are all my responsibility, I should teach them all that is taught by my father and make them both door mats as well". Dhanam winces involuntarily and decides that she will never give up a chance to fight anything or anybody!! ( she could read Saro's mind!!)

J and Meena at Palani temple : MO will fill this as that is one of her favourite description.

Kathir's house: Gopi is teaching Kavitha some sums. " unnidam 3 metre  vellai thuni kuduthen, nee oru uniform shirt theikka tailor kitte kuduthe, unakku 1 1/2 mt pothumnnu meethi un kitte kuduthuttar, appo un kitte evvalave thuni meethi irukkum?" Kavitha is giving a blank look and waits for the answer from anne. " kastam kastam ithu kooda theriyame nee epdi karments factory owner thangachiya irukkirathu?" Kumar walks in and chips " dei, pombala pulla kitte vellai thuni pathi pesalama, colour colour aa solli kudu da". Lax joins and tells Kavitha that she better read Englis paper and do crossword keeping the paper upside down. The trio end up in a verbal war and little Kavitha slowly eases out and goes to Eas for breakfast. Eas first wrings her hands, then the towel on her head and then Kavi's pinnal to make her eat the insipid omnipresent idlis. Kavi gobbles it up dreaming about Kumar's excellent upma. 

Rajam's house: Baby Nimmi is eating the idlis made by her mother and kelavi's son walks in. He asks for idlis as well and Rajam asks for money. : enga ammavai yemathi veetu vadagai ozhunga kudukkalai nee, yen kitteye idlikku kaasu kekkariya? Oru naal unnai intha veetai vittu thurathi vidaren, appo theriyum na yarunnu" Maniks hears all this and rushes to defend his poor(??!!) mother. Both the boys get physical and fight. Rolling on the floor and hitting each other is watched with pleasure by Rajam ( Yen pullaikku than yen mele ethanai aasai?) with reluctance by Mahathma ( Intha annan future le yarai padutha porano, pesi ivanai thirutha mudiyuma?") with a gaping mouth by little Nimmi ( oru naal ivan enakkaga yaraiyanum polanthu kattuvana?) Kelavi comes running and separates the boys - "yenna Rasam pathukkitu irukkire, vilakka koodatha?" to which Rajam just gives her trade mark villi smile ...........TBC

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MettiOli thumbnail

Summer time is busy time. Add to that, tomorrow / the day after, we will have a nila soru picnic (full moon), so can't say when I will find time to update Palani trip. Please be patient.

I wanted to add one more thing - the cause of Tamil Selvi's death. Chids will incite the erumai to take care of this task! If you like this, we will add it in a flashback.

MettiOli thumbnail

This time I am reading the Harry Potter novel slowly and savoring it, so there won't be updates until this weekend. Sorry Ramesh, will get your score shortly.

rojapoo thumbnail

Episode i64

A.Kulam : Chids is sitting outside the house with his usual paraphernalia and looking around for prospective customers. Bose walks in and tells maama that he has dropped out of school and joined a soda kadai as an edupidi. Chids is angry and starts a lecture on the value of education. Bose cuts him short by saying that he dropped out of school only because the teacher talked non stop and he has no intention of listening to Chids any further. Dhanam comes out and hears this. " Maama Jolly than ponga, inime dhinam color um soda vum veetukku kondu vanthidunga" - greeted by an exasperated look by Bose who says " unnai thiruthave mudiyathu di" - hardly realising then that he would be made to repeat this sentence to Dhanam a few hundred times later in life!!!

J is off to his gate opening job and Meena is trying to feed Ravi his dinner. Ravi's eyes are slightly crooked - "andankakka parvaikkara " - his classmates sang this even before anniyan!!! - which scares Meena. "Yen da apdi pakkare? normal aa irukkave maatiya nee?" - to which Ravi says " wait and watch me in Muhurtham, I will make amends" . Meena doesnt understand this statement but feels glad that there is  light at the end of the tunnel!!! J comes back and faces a spate of relevant questions like - yen ithanai neram? yarellam vantha? evvalavu women vanthanga? sight adichiya? Nee gate kitte irukkurennu therinjikitte thinam varra women ethanai peru? avanga ellam regular customers aa? Pombalaingala pathathum asadu vazhinju sirichiya? yenna nee enga ammavai love panni kalyanam pannikitte paru, athanale unnai namba mudiyathu etc etc., - J is tired and angry and so whacks the kid for his santhega buddhi. Ravi makes an entry into a notebook and keeps aside for later action. He plans to repay all this in heavy instalments later.

Eas is waiting for Lax and he comes in with his Englis crossword paper. he has a look of importance - calls out his maama and all the others for a family general body meeting. Everyone assembles and lax starts his account of Kumar's secret  trips to Pappiah's house. " na innikki bus pidikka poikittu irunthena, appo namba Kumar cycle Pappiah veetu vasalle ninnichu, enga avannu nnu thedina , compound wall mele ukkanthu irukkiran kurangu mathiri. eranguda keezhe nnu satham potten, raji chellathai pakkame vara mattennu ore adam, apram naalu sathi izhuthukkitu vanthen, Maama seekiram ethanum oru plan panni intha kalyanathai nadathunga, ungalukku than epdi yemathi kalyanam panrathunnu nalla theriyume" Kathir is pensive. Kobi walks upto his dad and consoles him saying " ellam sariya poidumppa,yen varutha padareenga? Kumar kitte na pesaren, ella prachnaiyum pesi theerthukkalam pa,kavali padatheenga" Kathir holds Kobi's hands and shakes as usual. Kumar walks in sheepishly ............TBC

rojapoo thumbnail
Thanks Ramesh.  Muhurtham is not bad. we are 5 episodes behind from India. It has all the features for a mega serial. Nalla izhu izhunnu izhukka scope irukku. ofcourse nambalai mathiri nerds kku somethings puriyathu - for eg, ponnu pakka mappillaiyai thavira ellarum ( which includes all the previous sambandis) porathu - aana nambathan kathaiyum kaatti poovaiyum suthikkarome!!!
MettiOli thumbnail

Reminds me of a guy who claimed that he will see only one girl, and marry her no matter what. He wanted his mom and sister to filter out before he 'saw' the girl.  It made all the elder women happy and used to be the center of a lot of conversations.  Finally it turned out that he was in love with a north indian girl and wanted to tire out his mom & sis.

Muhurtham - I've watched a few episodes. Saw Aiswarya - Laxmi's daughter - speak with her unique voice in one of the episodes. Otherwise very forgettable............

rojapoo thumbnail
The best thing is even if u miss one or 2 episodes nothing much is lost. There are so many so called customs ( Kashtams - Kobi's kastams) which practically make it impossible to even breathe freely!!! I do not know if they really exist or made up for the serials but they sure give ideas for our public who will start quoting the serials as precedents!!! 
MettiOli thumbnail
is this site acting up again?

Anyway, I saw another episode recently. Cauvery - MO's Dhanam - interesting character in this serial 😊