Bh Se Bhade

Interview of Sucheeta Trivedi - Bhade's wife

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Sucheeta Trivedi's gastronomic treat at Urban Tadka

Festival of Lights is still around with Saal Mubarak, Bhau Bheej weighing heavy on the revellers; kandeels and fairy lights are still flickering all over the city's structures. Extending this festive spirit further to envelop food which forms an important part of celebrations, I invited Sucheeta Trivedi, the multitalented actor popular for being seen mostly on JD Majethia's serials, to join me for dinner at the very Indian restaurant Urban Tadka at Saki Naka. Though she is a regular at its Seven Bunglows outlet, this was her first visit at Saki Naka. The affable and generous Operations Mgr Rizwan Rakanji greeted us with Diwali wishes as we settled into a corner for our shoot. The vivacious actor sported ethnic attire of yellow churidhar with flared red kurta teeming it with yellow dupatta. The Fab India jhumkas suited her the most.

Also joining us was another versatile actor, Sadiya Siddiqui (but we will devote another column for her). "Since college days we have been the best of friends and continue to do so," reveals Sucheeta, adding further, "we meet on all festive occasions and celebrate them together. Since Diwali is a festival where you enjoy with family and friends, and today being the only day when I am getting an early pack-up, I felt it would be apt to dine together." In the college days, Sadiya did a TV show and Sucheeta was a huge fan of hers. "When I got to know she belonged to my batch and college (Mithibai), I was so happy. That's how we became good friends," gushes the Gujju girl.

We start with chilli soya, paneer angaarey and tandoori subziyan-a mixed platter of babycorn, paneer, cauliflower, sweet potato and potato and tall glasses of fruit juices and after my usual fruit punches, Sucheeta suggests I try Shikanji that comes with a ganne ka stirrer (sugarcane stick) and I find it quite refreshing with herbs and spices. As for belonging to JD camp, Sucheeta asserts, "It's more so because of the creative head Aatish Kapadia (JD Majethia's partner in Hats Off Productions) who does not make characters just stand in the periphery but gives importance and footage to all the actors of his shows." Veering towards stiff competition as thousands of new entrants keep pouring in, she feels, "Now television is not like before. If your last performance is not up to the mark, you don't get a role." For her role in Bh Se Bhade on Zee TV, a source tells me that Sucheeta was not JD's initial choice as Mrs. Bhade but it was the channel which wanted her. I ask her if it is true and she just gives a cryptic smile.

Sucheeta is also an enterprising entrepreneur as I enquire about her boutique in Bandra which she says presently her sister is in charge of. The actor loves aesthetics, decorating spaces and would definitely be interested to do interiors and big time theatre. Both of us also shared our foodie preferences - avoid mushrooms and baingan, go for paneer and other subzis. Sucheeta found the name seetiwalli subzi quite amusing but since it had mushrooms we did not go for it, preferring to be on the safe side with paneer takatak, tawa subzi and tandoori rotis. The service was unusually delayed and Sucheta expressed her hunger pangs by asking the waiters, "Hamara khana kab aayega?" Soon the food arrived and we dug into the delicious dishes with lan.

She wishes to settle in Europe or Dubai, both being her desired dream destinations. When it comes to picking faults with others, the sweet actor is bighearted, non-judgmental and believes in spreading happiness by maintaining a blissful and contented soul.

On Bollywood foray she says, "Because I have always been busy with TV, I never got the time to think about films. If I opt for Bollywood, then I would like to work with Anurag Kashyap and Sanjay Leela Bansali is my dream man for no one can capture the beauty and culture of Gujarat as he has."

Diwali festivities cannot end without a sweet note and sweeter banter- on the mithai front, we ordered everything from garam garam jalebiyan with rich rabdi, phirni, to juicy gulab jamuns and after a lot of masti mazak, we waved each other adieu.

Rapid fire questions with Sucheeta:

Fave cuisine:

Veg food from all parts of India and the world! (a true blue foodie I guess).

The items you relished at Urban Tadka:

Tandoori shakharkand, shikanji and everything. I visit Urban Tadka in 7 Bunglows regularly and relish their dishes.

A junk food and a sweet dish you can't resist:

Chip butty, vada pav, chutney sandwich; I love everything in sweets.

Diwali means...

Family, lights and prosperity.

What was new this Diwali?

Instead of distributing sweets purchased from shops, I made gol papdis myself to give friends and relatives. Diyas replaced electric lights this year ( That's good Sucheta-no carbon footprint).

Are you a shopaholic? Do you shop for branded apparels...

I am a sensible shopper. I am not at all brand conscious.

A reality show you would love to do...

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Single or dating?

Single.

A cheesy pick-up line you were told...

Can I have the key to your heart?'

Your man should possess...

He should command like a King and have a heart of Gold.

A habit you wish to kick...

Doing things half way... for instance, I start learning something, like dance... then I am not able to complete the course and leave it half way through.

A die-hard habit...

I love decorating spaces.

If not an actor?

I would definitely be an interior designer.

A rumour that circulated about you...

That I am in love with a co-actor much younger to me.

You hate...

Nothing or no one! everyone has his/her kinks but that does not mean they are bad. (I like it Suchi).

You are paranoid about...

Losing my parents.

Any paranormal experiences...

They get scared of me...(chuckles)... (I wonder how can anyone/thing get scared of such a sweet girl).

Your fitness secret... okay then beauty secret

You think I look fit ...(laughs). Maintain a happy soul.

Your dream destination...

Europe or Dubai.

You invest in...

Good memories.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters