| Tumhari Paakhi Article Archive Section |

Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome To The Article Archive Section Of tumhari Paakhi
Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The tumhari Paakhi Show
Please Refrain From Posting Any Comments
Edited by ...Fenil... - 10 years ago
After popular shows like 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' and 'Punar Vivah', Shashi Sumeet Productions Pvt Ltd is out with their next, 'Tumhari Paakhi'. Producer Shashi Mittal says, "We focus maximum on the script. If a story is not well written, it will not have the impact you want. This show has a beautiful story and we are glad to be the ones telling it."

Sumeet H Mittal, producer, adds, "We enhance storytelling with high-end production values and are confident that the show will receive love and adulation from people across the country."

The male lead of the show, Iqbal Khan, says, "The story struck a chord with me as soon as I listened to it. It is simple and a moving one. I am sure it will leave a lasting impact on the hearts and minds of viewers."
Shraddha Arya, who plays the female lead in the show, adds, "I have worked with the Mittals before and am happy to reunite with the team. I am also thrilled about how my character Paakhi has been written - she is a mature and strong-willed woman. Paakhi's beauty lies in her simplicity.

Sunidhi Chauhan to sing 'Tumhari Pakhi' title song

Playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan will lend her voice for the title song of the upcoming TV show 'Tumhari Pakhi', based on Saratchandra Chattopadhyay's novel 'Naba Bidhan'.

Monday, October 21, 2013 | 4:28:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   8 Comments  |  2466 Views

Playback singer Sunidhi Chauhanwill lend her voice for the title song of the upcoming TV show 'Tumhari Pakhi', based on Saratchandra Chattopadhyay's novel 'Naba Bidhan'.

Sunidhi has been signed for the title track and she will record it soon, said a source.

Sachin Gupta, who has composed for films like 'Prince', will score the music for the song.

Ready to go on air on November 11 on Life OK, 'Tumhari Pakhi', a love story, features Iqbal Khan and Shraddha Arya in the lead roles.

Produced under Shashi and Sumeet Mittal's banner Shashi Sumeet Productions, it has been shot in Chittor, Shimla, Panchgani and Mumbai

"The song Aaja Dhola is based on the folk tale of Dhola-Maru"

Says writer Raghuvir Shekhawat who has done lyrics for the song and speaks about the story behind the folksy number which has been shot in a grand style by the producers of Tumhari Paakhi.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 | 1:13:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   57 Comments  |  7560 Views

Producers of the show Tumhari Paakhi, Shashi and Sumeet Mittal are leaving no stones unturned to enhance the set-up and launch the show on a grand scale. Even as we see other shows using tracks from Bollywood hits, the makers of Tumhari Pakhi have just released a song 'Aaja Dhola' sung by renowned singer Sunidhi Chauhan.

The more than six minute song has been shot in a beautiful location at Chittorgarh Fort in Rajasthan. Looking colorful and vibrant, the peppy number has a visual appeal which one can relate to films. With an odd lot of dancers is the main lead Paakhi (Shraddha Arya) who looks graceful as she moves to the traditional beats. The dance moves, lyrics and costumes are typical Rajasthani and gives away the story a bit. As it is we know that the story is about a girl Paakhi who is waiting for her beau for long. Based in Rajasthan the story tackles the issue of child marriage which is quite common in those areas. The song is crucial and will be seen in the opening episode where the main leads Paakhi and Anshuman (Iqbal Khan) will come face to face for the first time ever. 

The lyrics are written by well-known writer Raghuvir Shekhawat who is associated with serials like Balika VadhuMadhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, Diya Aur Bati Hum, Veera, etc. Talking about the song, he says, "The song is based on a Rajasthani folk tale. Just like there are stories about Heer-Ranjha, Laila-Majnu, Shirin-Farhad, in Rajasthan we have a story about Dhola-Maru, a couple who get married when they are kids. After the marriage Dhola goes back to his home town and unfortunately his parents die and he forgets about his marriage.

Maru in the meanwhile is waiting for the gauna (a bidaai ceremony which takes place several years after marriage) to happen whereas Dhola gets married to another girl. Maru's parents in the meantime start sending messages to Dhola but he never gets any of them since his second wife comes to know of his earlier marriage and doesn't want him to go back to her. Then one day, a singer from Maru's hometown decides to become the messenger and goes to Dhola's village. Standing under his window at night he narrates the entire story and that is when Dhola recollects and goes to get Maru. However, Maru's village people come to know of his second marriage and try to kill him but Maru saves him from their ire and they both come back to Dhola's village."

Telling us the importance of the song and how it is related to the show, he adds, "While I don't know the exact story of Tumhari Paakhi, all I can say is that the song resembles the basic concept of the show. There are similarities to the story of Dhola - Maru."

This is not all, Raghuvir Shekhwat has also written another song for the show, "There will be another song in the show which is a beautiful love song and a very today's number on the main leads. It's a full length song in two parts which will be repeatedly played in the background during the show."

Raghuvir is thrilled to be attached to the song which has garnered much praise from all, "I was zapped when I saw the song for the first time. As far as I remember, it is the most lavish song shot for any Television show. I don't think anyone else has done these kind of songs for their shows earlier."

With so much detailing into the making of the shows we are sure other makers too will come up with ideas to enhance their television shows and making it more entertaining for the audience.

Seema Khot Mattoo

"I know Manish Paul will pull it off!" - Iqbal Khan

Manish Paul's good friend, actor Iqbal Khan is all praise for Manish and his debut film Mickey Virus!

Friday, October 25, 2013 | 4:00:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   20 Comments  |  6190 Views

Even as the witty, good looking debutant actor Manish Paul is being praised for his first film outing Mickey Virus there is a general feel good factor about his film and the actor himself due to the goodwill he has in the industry. 

While Manish has been popular as a host for many TV shows and live events, not many know that he has also acted in fiction shows on Indian Television with the most well-known among them being Ssshhh. Phir Koi HaiRadhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi, and the latest being Chhoona Hai Aasmaan

In fact, Iqbal Khan who was his co-star in Chhoona Hai Aasmaan and is a close friend since then has even tweeted about how much he liked the film after watching it last night. Terming the film as an entertainer he has applauded Manish for doing a mind-blowing job! Iqbal has been tweeting about Manish for long now so we spoke to Iqbal about it and he shared his views with us on the same, "I would term Manish as my oldest friend in the industry. We have worked together in Chhoona Hai Aasmaan and we are still close friends."

Despite being busy with the shoot of his upcoming show Tumhari Paakhi, Iqbal managed to squeeze in time to catch the film which he apparently liked too and has thus suggested others to not miss it. 

Talking about Manish as an actor, and calling him super talented Iqbal says, "Apart from being a nice guy with a solid sense of humor, Manish is a spontaneous and hard-working actor. He has made his mark in the industry with his own style. What is admirable is that Manish is an outsider for the entertainment industry but he has reached this stage all due to his own talent and hard-work."

He says he will always wish well for Manish, "I know Manish will do well and he will pull it off!"

Well, we wish you luck too Manish and hope with this film you make an indelible impact in the entertainment field!

Seema Khot Mattoo 

Sunidhi enjoyed singing for 'Tumhari Paakhi'

Popular playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan recorded the title song of upcoming TV show "Tumhari Pakhi". She said she enjoyed singing the number that talks about longing.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 | 1:44:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   4 Comments  |  1571 Views

Popular playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan recorded the title song of upcoming TV show 'Tumhari Paakhi'. She said she enjoyed singing the number that talks about longing.

Based on Saratchandra Chattopadhyay's novel 'Naba Bidhan', 'Tumhari Paakhi' will revolve around Pakhi, who has been waiting for her love to come back.

"The song is about longing and has been composed beautifully. I had a great time singing it. It is a song with mixed feelings," Sunidhi said.

"The song is from Paakhi's perspective. She has been waiting for Anshuman, her true love, to come back for the past many years," she added.

Sachin Gupta, who composed for films like "Prince", has scored the music for the song.

'Tumhari Paakhi', produced under Shashi Sumeet Productions, is set to go on air on November 11 on Life OK and features Iqbal Khan and Shraddha Arya in the lead roles.

"I get good feelings about the show while shooting."

Says Iqbal Khan - the man with the husky voice who is back on prime time TV after a break with Tumhari Paakhi.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 | 3:32:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   22 Comments  |  3614 Views

Iqbal Khan was last seen in Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli a year back after which many were waiting for him to do another prime time show. However, Iqbal took it easy and after being seen in the episodic Teri Meri Love Stories, he is now back with a new show as the main lead. 

So what prompted him to take up this show? "I said OK to Tumhari Paakhi since the production house is a reputable one. The producer writer duo Shashi & Sumeet Mittal are the best in terms of writing and sensibility. Also the growing popularity of Life OK was a deciding factor. When all these things were combined it was a very tempting offer." 

Talking of offers it is not that there was a dearth of offers for Iqbal, "I feel I have been consistent in my breaks. I have never been deliberately sitting at home. Things happen at the right time and good things have always happened to me. The TV industry has been kind to me and offers were always there. However, due to other commitments I could not take up much work." 

Iqbal who plays the main lead Anshuman in the show is excited to be part of the project which has been shot on a lavish scale, "We have had lots of outdoor shoots. The story has a Rajasthani backdrop so we have shot in Chittor, Udaipur, etc to get the real feel to the show. We have also shot at Shimla, Panchgani too and the look of the show is really grand."

Born in Kashmir, Iqbal has done his schooling in Shimla and has fond memories of the place, "I am born in Kashmir but I have schooled in Shimla. I was in a boarding school in Kasauli from my 6th to the 12th std. They were beautiful times and I have lovely memories of that place. By God's grace I was in a nice school and have spent carefree days in that beautiful place. So it was awesome when I got to visit all those places again when I went for the shooting of Tumhari Paakhi. I tried to visit all corners even though we were busy shooting and on the last day of my shoot I left early to go and visit my school."

While Iqbal says he enjoyed his boarding school days he missed out on food at that time, "During my growing up days I used to miss home-made food since I was in boarding for my studies, so now I love eating good food. Having said that I also want to add that I feel fittest in the month of Ramadan when I keep rozas and fast."

Despite his foodie indulgences Iqbal still looks fit after the break and thinks that God has been kind to him, "As I said earlier I love food and am a foodie but at the same time I have been trying my best to keep fit. All this time during my break I never quit training at the gym and always try to eat ok."

There were reports that Iqbal was mobbed by fans while shooting. However, the humble actor refuses to believe it and says, "I think the minute you put the camera on the road, the crowds gather so it is more for the camera rather than the actor. However, there are some hardcore fans who keep updating my pix and info on social networking sites. I don't know from where they get all the info and some things are such that even I am not aware of but they get to know about it first." 

At the moment Iqbal is focused on the show, "I hope and pray that this is good! I get good feelings while shooting for the show and the response that I have got for the promos and also for the song that was released has been amazing."

While Iqbal is happy for his new show, it is also keeping him away from his two year old daughter Amaara, "Amaara has just turned two now and the best thing about my long break has been the time I got to spend with her during her early years. I have been a hands on parent and no one can say that I was not there for her, especially my wife Sneha (laughs). I believe that it was the best time in my life and now when I am back busy shooting, I miss her the most."

We are sure all that will be worth it when Iqbal gets popular yet again and gets unadulterated attention from his fans.

Seema Khot Mattoo

Edited by deboleena.manna - 10 years ago

'Tumhari Pakhi' first episode expensive

TV actor Iqbal Khan, who will be seen as the main lead in 'Tumhari Paakhi', proudly announces that the budget of the first episode of the new show, shot at multiple locations, was enough to make a medium-budget movie.

Friday, November 01, 2013 | 2:52:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   23 Comments  |  7398 Views

TV actor Iqbal Khan, who will be seen as the main lead in 'Tumhari Paakhi', proudly announces that the budget of the first episode of the new show, shot at multiple locations, was enough to make a medium-budget movie.

"I don't think anybody has ever shot on so-many locations for a TV show. We shot in Panchgani, Udaipur, Chittor, Shimla and Satara. It's been a wonderful experience," Iqbal told reporters here at the launch of the show on Thursday.

"The amount of money spent on the first episode is extraordinary. The budget of our first episode is enough to make a decent medium-budget film," added the actor.

Meanwhile, Iqbal also elaborated about his character, who is conscious about his image.

"It is a very real character unlike what is shown on TV these days. The character has one problem that he is very conscious about his image, which leads him into many problems," said Iqbal.

Actress Shraddha Arya plays the title role in the weekly show that will be aired on Life OK from Nov 11 at 9.30 p.m.

Nikhil and Lajjo to shake a leg on Mallika's Bachelorette show finale!

The actors of the show Gustakh Dil and Tumhari Paakhi will be seen in special dance performances on the grand finale episode of the reality show Mallika's Bachelorette.

Thursday, November 07, 2013 | 4:12:50 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   12 Comments  |  3852 Views

The grand finale of The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika on Life OK, which will air today and tomorrow will have lots of celebrations in it. Actress Mallika Sherawat has already zeroed in on the final two bachelors out of which one of them will be the winner of the show and will also be the groom for Mallika. The finalists are Vijay Singh and Karan Sagoo.

The finale episode of the show which will be telecast today, will have the actors of the show Gustakh Dil and Tumhari Paakhi in the show who will add much color with their dance performances.

Our reliable source informed us, "The duo of Gustakh Dil a.k.a Lajjo (Sana Amin Sheikh) and Nikhil (Vibhav Roy) will be seen shaking a leg in the finale episode of the show The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika on two romantic songs Ishq Wala Love from the movie Student Of The Year and another song Khuda Jaane Ke from the movie Bachna Ae Hasino."

The cast of Tumhari Paakhi will also set the stage on fire with their dance moves. So don't miss to catch up on the finale episode of The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika.

Krishma Solanki

"I completely relate to Paakhi!" - Shraddha Arya

With her sharp and beautiful looks, this talented young lady is all set to win over the audience with her upcoming new show - Tumhari Paakhi - Intezaar Mein!

Thursday, November 07, 2013 | 5:31:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   16 Comments  |  7842 Views

A pretty face with a bright smile - that is Shraddha Arya for you! Playing the title role of Paakhi in Shashi - Sumeet Mittal's latest production on Life Ok Tumhari Paakhi - Intezaar Mein, Shraddha with her charming looks has already managed to steal many hearts ever since the promos of her new show went on air. This is her second outing with the same production house as she was seen in their earlier show Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki where she played Lakshmi. 

In Tumhari Paakhi, Shraddha is all set to enact the role of a 24 year old girl who has had a child marriage at the age of 6 and is waiting for her husband to turn up and take her along with him for the past 18 years. Telling us more about the character, Shraddha says, "Paakhi, an educated girl leads a very normal life as a tourist guide in Chittorgarh. Even though she does not remember it she has heard about her marriage and even though her parents never force her to wait for her husband she decides to do so and thus is seen waiting for Anshuman (Iqbal Khan). He does finally return and what happens next is a very interesting story. My character of Paakhi is shown to be down-to-earth, calm and positive who does not lose her temper easily." 

In real life if she had encountered a similar situation would she have waited for her man? "I guess I would as I find the situation to be apt and true-to-life. The commitment that Paakhi has towards her beau for 18 years is something that I relate to completely." In many other ways too she relates to the character observes Shraddha, "Even my upbringing and environment is the same. Her loving ways and the importance that she gives to each relationship and how important each relationship is for her is all due to the upbringing. You get to value all this only when you grow up."

As an actor to relate to the character, Shraddha says going to the actual location too helped, "Once I started to feel and shoot as Paakhi we went to Chittorgarh and saw child marriages happening over there and when I saw it I actually related to it as I had already become Paakhi at that time. I could relate to it because I had become more of Paakhi and I can believe what must be going on in the mind of a girl who got married when she was 6 and grew up listening to people as to how her husband went abroad after marriage. Also being an actor, I am hugely imaginative and it was not difficult to imagine how she must have felt. I could easily get into her shoes and feel it completely." 

In real life too Shraddha feels that commitment is very imp whether it is work or personal life and at the same time gives importance to each and every relation she has, "Which relation is more important is difficult to say... Har rishte ki apni ehmiyat hoti hai and there is no competition between different rishtas. As I said I have got similar upbringing like Paakhi and rishton ki ehmiyat sikhayi gayi hai from childhood itself. For us even the school teachers were to be given importance and my father told us to address our teacher as Teacherji' and never by her name."

Well maybe that is the reason we see Shraddha look convincing in the role of Paakhi inTumhari Paakhi.

Seema Khot Mattoo