Fan Fictions

IMP: Change To FF Awards Procedure!

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

After speaking with the Development Team of various forums, we've all agreed on a new procedure of conducting awards for fanfictions/oneshots.

The Procedure [starting next year's awards]

There is a list of forums below [list is subject to change to the discretion of the DT of the forum in question] that will be participating in the awards henceforth. What will happen is that the DT of each of those forums will let the DT of the FF Forum know what categories are required for that forum [FF/OS related] and those will be added in the final list of categories for the entire FF Awards.

What will happen then is that those categories will be put up in that particular forum and members of that forum will get the chance to nominate one story per category. The link to the nomination thread will be posted in all the participating forums, allowing members from all of those members to join in. Nominations for each forum will occur one by one.

Members will then be allowed one round of voting on all the nominations to shortlist about 2-3 stories per category. A panel of DT judges and/or members [yet to be decided] will read those stories [2 chapters for Fan Fictions - one chosen by author, other chosen by judge] and decide the winner based on a certain guideline [which will be revealed to members once it's created to allow for any changes you all would like].

For example:
The Madhubala Forum DT decides on 2 categories -> Best Madhubala-Rishabh Fan Fiction & Best Madhubala-Sultan Fan Fiction. Members of all the forums participating can then nominate fan fictions that come under both those categories. Those fan fictions can be posted at the Madhubala forum itself or the Fan Fiction Forum [or anywhere else on IF].

There will one round of voting where only members get to vote shortlisting 2-3 stories per category. Chosen judges will read those stories and decide on the winners based on a certain guideline.

This procedure not only allows for the involvement of members but also increases the chances of more writers from all over IF get recognized instead of just the more popular authors. Do keep in mind that this means ALL those forums are having their Forum's Story Awards at the same time as well. This ensures that the Awards are a more grand affair.

Of course, the FF Forum will also have it's Member Awards along with the story and the winners for those will be decided using the old procedure [only voting of the members].

Please find the list of forums joining our forum and giving this a try for next year below. Let's see how this works. πŸ˜ƒ

-FF DT [Jot & Hershi]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
    D3
    Sanskaar
    Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
    Uttaran
    Tamil Sections
    Ek Haazaron Mein
    The Vampire Diaries
    Twilight
    Saraswatichandra
    Jodha Akbar
    Madhubala
    Jee Le Zara
    The Buddy Project
    Ek Boond Ishq
    Punar Vivaah
    Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani
    Dill Mill Gayye
    Miley Jab Hum Tum
    Tumhari Paakhi
    Geet 
    Sensational South
    Arjun
    Yeh Rishta Kya
    CID
    Diya Aur Baati Hum
    Qubool Hai
    Do Dil Bandhe Ek Door Se
    Pavitra Rishta
    Sapne Suhane Ladak Pan Ke
    Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir
Edited by Smileyface - 10 years ago
yaqeen. thumbnail
This idea is amazing Jot Dii & Hershi. πŸ€— I guess by doing this.. nobody will complain. πŸ˜ƒEdited by -Alina. - 10 years ago
Koeli thumbnail
Joty/hershi... superb idea i think... this way we will get to see stories other then ArShi get nominated. what i would like to suggest is that final nomination thread can be GA-ed as it is an intra-forum activity which comprises of various other forum and an not just a FanFic forum activity. This way the exposure will be more and various other members those who are hardly aware of FanFictions gets to participate as well.
i would also like you to add Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir FFs in your list because there are many stories written on them and me along with the DTs are keeping 100% track on them with the list updated daily under OS/SS/FF category. I would also suggest each forum should have that list updated by someone daily so that during the awards time it is easier for everyone to find them. We can surely do it for the new forums as everything can start from scratch. 

Here is the link what should be done in a particular forum by a dedicated person just like they update WU/VU and Archives

This can also be done yearly in order to keep a check on the FFs so that the story is not in the nomination two times.

FF DTs can work on the format how to arrange the FFs after consulting with individual forum DTs and some valuable suggestions by members which would be easy to incorporate.

Thats it for the time being will come back once again if i have anything productive to contribute.

thanks for this thread.
Edited by appy_indy-KD - 10 years ago
Take_That thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yep! This will ensure coverage of more number of members/ readers and writers as well.πŸ‘πŸΌ
haminasto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
more work for the graphic makersπŸ€”...from next to next year onwards voting will be done by telegraph or else im boycotting.☯️

PS_ A wise idea dear DT's
harshdb thumbnail
Little long process and a bit hard work required but very nice concept.

Good luck 😊
harshdb thumbnail
But how about those readers who don't visit serial fourms and stick to FF section to read FFs? And some who present at another fourm and read other jodi stories. ? Means one will be active on MB fourm but read Arshi and Maneet ffs.

How do they vote? Are they eligible for voting?
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

okey, this are my solution:

A index for this year for ongoing or complete stories for only this year. So when the awards will come it will be easier to nominate.  There every writer will put one story ( I mean it one story and it does not matter which genre you choose only one story) on the index  with at least a 2 line synopsis,  where they think deserves to be nominate for the coming awards. then it means have more categories for both completed and ongoing stories separately and by each year.

the stories which have completed for like 2 year ago or are on hold by the writers or stories that have not been updated for a period, they can be ignored to be consider for nominations. on the awards, there should be more categories like romatic, sad, funniest, mystery,  fast paced, detail oriented, message oriented, best fictional, stories close to reality.

When it comes to readers, this is how I feel, some readers dont even give chance to new writers so for me if it comes to fairness, the readers should not vote. Sorry, if anyone feels bad but I think this some readers dont even give chance to new writers and if the readers votes when it will be again same and same drama again so it will be best if the readers does not vote. Instead have a jury which will come from another forum and this forum will vote for another forum  so it will be fair and then no one can say it was unfair. We will not know who will be the jury from the other forum and here we will choose or the DT if they want who should read from the other forum. In the end later they choose for us.

This is just my solution and posted here since well know you...

Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

What the Jot πŸ˜² 
such a long list and a lot of things to do, you think too much girl 
just kidding πŸ˜†

the idea is superb, okay let me traslate few things then i will tell you if i got it all πŸ€£