Fan Fictions

IMP: Change To FF Awards Procedure! - Page 2

Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Question:

The Madhubala Forum DT decides on 2 categories -> Best Madhubala-Rishabh Fan Fiction & Best Madhubala-Sultan Fan Fiction. Members of all the forums participating can then nominate fan fictions that come under both those categories. Those fan fictions can be posted at the Madhubala forum itself or the Fan Fiction Forum [or anywhere else on IF].

There will one round of voting where only members get to vote shortlisting 2-3 stories per category. Chosen judges will read those stories and decide on the winners based on a certain guideline.

i ddin't get the points in red, i think  πŸ˜† 
Correct me if i'm wrong 
first there will be a nomination round where members from all over IF can nominate FFs/SSs that fall other that categories, but only related to one serial right?
then there will be a voting round 
i didn't get if all can vote or just the member of that particular forum can 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Preet.Kc thumbnail

@ Appy I had PMed the same thing to Jot like 8 hours go  (this morning) πŸ˜† 
I don't know if she read it for not, but I know she will do it when she will get the time😳

This is what i have PMed πŸ˜ƒ

CC: Angel-Jot.

I have an idea to help the new writers and also to make all happy, or at least i think this can all during the voting contest πŸ€”

Okay besically the idea is: 

What about making a thread for each show in the FF section, where we can post the stories accordigly to the year: devided in  the genre and each genre subdivided in on going stories  and  completed stories with a little of synopsis . 

So When it will come the time for the votes we can ask them to take in mind that thread and consider just the stories that fall in the specific year! And you can add categories into the votetion like:

Best On going story by a pupular writer 
Best On going story by a new writer 
Best Completed story of a pupular writer 
Best Completed story of a new Writer 
(by new writer i mean someone who have started written during the year)

And there is a lot more that we can add to help the new writers 

For eg. devide also the awards by genre in old writer and new writer 

What say? 

And yeah all the thread shoul be without comments so it will not look messed Up, not without comment that people can't post their stories, but the TM once agged the stories into the right place (told by the author) should have the power to delete the comment and so on. So the thread will look more presentable πŸ˜ƒ

And all the thread should be posted into a stiky post in the FF section so all can have an easy access to them. 

I have a lot of ideas in my mind when i will get time i will pm you. 

P.S. If by any chance you are going to take into consideration this idea, you have to or you need someone who is able to take the responsability/pain πŸ˜† of doing it  till the end or at least for one year and not stop in the middle as a lot of people do πŸ˜³

P.P.S. If you need any help I'm here πŸ˜ƒ aur kaha hu gi i'm addicted to this place πŸ˜†
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: harshdb

But how about those readers who don't visit serial fourms and stick to FF section to read FFs? And some who present at another fourm and read other jodi stories. ? Means one will be active on MB fourm but read Arshi and Maneet ffs.

How do they vote? Are they eligible for voting?

The stories nominated for those categories can be posted in any forum, even the FF Forum as long as it's on that particular couple and it fits the category. And no.. You don't have to have be active in that particular forum. You can go and nominate stories for the categories as well because as I said, you may read stories on that particular couple that are posted at the FF Forum.

okey, this are my solution:

A index for this year for ongoing or complete stories for only this year. So when the awards will come it will be easier to nominate.  There every writer will put one story ( I mean it one story and it does not matter which genre you choose only one story) on the index  with at least a 2 line synopsis,  where they think deserves to be nominate for the coming awards. then it means have more categories for both completed and ongoing stories separately and by each year.

the stories which have completed for like 2 year ago or are on hold by the writers or stories that have not been updated for a period, they can be ignored to be consider for nominations. on the awards, there should be more categories like romatic, sad, funniest, mystery,  fast paced, detail oriented, message oriented, best fictional, stories close to reality.

When it comes to readers, this is how I feel, some readers dont even give chance to new writers so for me if it comes to fairness, the readers should not vote. Sorry, if anyone feels bad but I think this some readers dont even give chance to new writers and if the readers votes when it will be again same and same drama again so it will be best if the readers does not vote. Instead have a jury which will come from another forum and this forum will vote for another forum  so it will be fair and then no one can say it was unfair. We will not know who will be the jury from the other forum and here we will choose or the DT if they want who should read from the other forum. In the end later they choose for us.

This is just my solution and posted here since well know you...

Sonia, thanks for your input but the entire DT has discussed the new procedure and has agreed on giving it a try. So, let's see how this goes next year and then if changes need to be made, members will be given the chance to suggest any changes.

This content was originally posted by: Preet.Kc

What the Jot πŸ˜² 
such a long list and a lot of things to do, you think too much girl 
just kidding πŸ˜†

the idea is superb, okay let me traslate few things then i will tell you if i got it all πŸ€£

Nothing about thinking bud. It was a very simple solution to a complicated problem. πŸ˜ƒ

Question:

The Madhubala Forum DT decides on 2 categories -> Best Madhubala-Rishabh Fan Fiction & Best Madhubala-Sultan Fan Fiction. Members of all the forums participating can then nominate fan fictions that come under both those categories. Those fan fictions can be posted at the Madhubala forum itself or the Fan Fiction Forum [or anywhere else on IF].

There will one round of voting where only members get to vote shortlisting 2-3 stories per category. Chosen judges will read those stories and decide on the winners based on a certain guideline.

i ddin't get the points in red, i think  πŸ˜† 
Correct me if i'm wrong 
first there will be a nomination round where members from all over IF can nominate FFs/SSs that fall other that categories, but only related to one serial right?
then there will be a voting round 
i didn't get if all can vote or just the member of that particular forum can 

First question, yes that's correct. Each of the forums listed will get the chance to get members to nominate stories for their categories by members all over IF.
Everyone can vote, even if you aren't a regular at that forum.

@ Appy I had PMed the same thing to Jot like 8 hours go  (this morning) πŸ˜† 
I don't know if she read it for not, but I know she will do it when she will get the time😳

This is what i have PMed πŸ˜ƒ

CC: Angel-Jot.

I have an idea to help the new writers and also to make all happy, or at least i think this can all during the voting contest πŸ€”

Okay besically the idea is: 

What about making a thread for each show in the FF section, where we can post the stories accordigly to the year: devided in  the genre and each genre subdivided in on going stories  and  completed stories with a little of synopsis . 

So When it will come the time for the votes we can ask them to take in mind that thread and consider just the stories that fall in the specific year! And you can add categories into the votetion like:

Best On going story by a pupular writer 
Best On going story by a new writer 
Best Completed story of a pupular writer 
Best Completed story of a new Writer 
(by new writer i mean someone who have started written during the year)

And there is a lot more that we can add to help the new writers 

For eg. devide also the awards by genre in old writer and new writer 

What say? 

And yeah all the thread shoul be without comments so it will not look messed Up, not without comment that people can't post their stories, but the TM once agged the stories into the right place (told by the author) should have the power to delete the comment and so on. So the thread will look more presentable πŸ˜ƒ

And all the thread should be posted into a stiky post in the FF section so all can have an easy access to them. 

I have a lot of ideas in my mind when i will get time i will pm you. 

P.S. If by any chance you are going to take into consideration this idea, you have to or you need someone who is able to take the responsability/pain πŸ˜† of doing it  till the end or at least for one year and not stop in the middle as a lot of people do πŸ˜³

P.P.S. If you need any help I'm here πŸ˜ƒ aur kaha hu gi i'm addicted to this place πŸ˜†

I actually haven't checked my PMs, sorry about that. Been slightly busy and as my dashboard status says, unless you're a CC or someone who needs me desperately, my response to your PM will be delayed. πŸ˜†

As I said to Sonia.. thank you for your input. Let's give this a try for next year, yeah?

@ALL: The thread will be GAed.. [the awards thread] since it's relevant for 29 forums. And don't worry about the work.. that's up to the DT. Just think of the fact that you'll finally be getting a fair awards procedure. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 10 years ago
Dee_J thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I had no problem earlier and I have no problem now! I agree😊
Miss.Zaidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ‘  see pg 3
Edited by AALUSLOLWA - 10 years ago
harshdb thumbnail
@Angel-Jot

Thanks for the clarification :)
Miss.Zaidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

After speaking with the Development Team of various forums, we've all agreed on a new procedure of conducting awards for fanfictions/oneshots.

πŸ‘πŸΌ  goood job πŸ‘

The Procedure [starting next year's awards]

There is a list of forums below [list is subject to change to the discretion of the DT of the forum in question] that will be participating in the awards henceforth. What will happen is that the DT of each of those forums will let the DT of the FF Forum know what categories are required for that forum [FF/OS related] and those will be added in the final list of categories for the entire FF Awards. 😊😊😊

What will happen then is that those categories will be put up in that particular forum and members of that forum will get the chance to nominate one story per category. The link to the nomination thread will be posted in all the participating forums, allowing members from all of those members to join in. Nominations for each forum will occur one by one.

Members will then be allowed one round of voting😲only one voting round on all the nominations to shortlist about 2-3 stories per category. A panel of DT judges and/or members [yet to be decided]its better to let members decide by votes ..there are more chances that those who vote are not biased ..I m offending no one ..respect the judges too but giving opinion only  will read those stories [2 chapters for Fan Fictions - one chosen by author, other chosen by judge] exciting hhaaaii !!πŸ˜ƒand decide the winner based on a certain guideline [which will be revealed to members once it's created to allow for any changes you all would like]. β­οΈπŸ‘πŸΌ

For example:

There will one round of voting where only members get to vote shortlisting 2-3 stories per category. Chosen judges will read those stories and decide on the winners based on a certain guideline.judgesπŸ˜• isin t it better to vote and choose ..judges bhi vote kar ly πŸ˜ƒ

This procedure not only allows for the involvement of members but also increases the chances of more writers from all over IF get recognized πŸ˜†instead of just the more popular authors. Do keep in mind that this means ALL those forums are having their Forum's Story Awards at the same time as well. This ensures that the Awards are a more grand affair.

yes ..it sounds very exciting !! all the best to everyone!!

Of course, the FF Forum will also have it's Member Awards along with the story and the winners for those will be decided using the old procedure [only voting of the members].
 all the best to them too !!
Please find the list of forums joining our forum and giving this a try for next year below. Let's see how this works. πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ‘ it will be good !! i guess best way out !!

p.s those who got nominated this year and those who won ..congrats to all !!πŸ˜ƒ

-FF DT [Jot & Hershi]⭐️

done !! the wors in GREEN are my words 😊
Preet.Kc thumbnail

Thanks for the clarification πŸ€—
Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
how about some wonderful shows which are off air and whose forums are locked? like parvarrish and sasural genda phool and miley jab hum tum (unlocked forum but off air show)
Smileyface thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
^^ Those forums can participate as well! Any forum that is willing to do so, is allowed to join us.