Posted: 18 years ago

ARRANGED MARRIAGES....

are they better( successful, longer lasting) than love marriages?

Well,

I'm not really sure what the answer is to this.  I'm not married, but what i do know is that I've known couples who have had love marriages, and they do admit to having their share of problems.  Initally is all good and romantic, but then when reality sets in, it's a whole new world.  It's not always very pretty, because all marriages encounter rocky roads in life. 

I'm don't have anyone in my life as such, so the only way for me to get married is through an arrange proposal.  But this is my meantality towards it.....If two people really want to make a relationship work and if they commit, and put in all their efforts, they can create a successful and loving marriage.

There are some rules to follow, and if both parties abide by them, I don't see why any relationship, (love or arrange) not work. 

Just my thoughts......

Peaches

truthfully, there is really no right or wrong to this question. its all dependent upon the person; their culture, their values, their attitudes about life. each person has different ideas about what they want their life partner to be like.  some people are independent, and wish to find their own spouse, while there are people who feel that their parents know whats best for them and settle for an arranged marriage. but at the end, all marriages end the same way, which is you have to put in the effort to make them last. there is never a guarantee whether or not the marriage will work or not. it depends on how you handle the situations that will come into your life.  
i agree thr is no right or wrong answer!  but if it was up to me, yes i would love to fall in love and get married and live happily ever after. but it doesnt really happen that way.  i think my parents would be able to make a better decision for me then myself.  so i would go for arrang'd.  i have seen more love marriages fail then arrang'd. 
😭 😭 i can't do love marriage i have to do arrange marriage 😭 😭 well i don't really care

Originally posted by rocku46

😭 😭 i can't do love marriage i have to do arrange marriage 😭 😭 well i don't really care

lolz...same with me!

Originally posted by mastii

lolz...same with me!

what will happen to you guys if you did love marriage?
Originally posted by peaches

There are some rules to follow, and if both parties abide by them, I don't see why any relationship, (love or arrange) not work. 

Just my thoughts......

Peaches

Absolutely right , my take on it too . I've had a love marrige ....7 years my boyfriend ,and i soon will have my 7th wedding anniversary . I feel like i've known my hubby for a lifetime . Met him when i was 18 !!! Gosh !!! But like you said , love or arranged , you've got to work towards making a good relationship , none is easier or rosier !! I've seen many love marriages break and just as many arranged ones!!!
well if both the people are happy with this marriage then i don'y see anything wrong in arranged marriages
I Think That They are Nothing Wrong About Arrange Marriage