Advertising.. Does it work???

Posted: 17 years ago
Hi. You see lots of commericals on tv... But do you actually watch them and actually buy the product or what they r advertising for....   😊
pata nahian, I don't believe in the Shampoo ads!!! or the ads for workout machines or the cigarette ads, or the washing powder ads

coz for shampoo ads, they get models who have great hair already, or are wearing very natural wigs. for workout machines, they get ppl who have all those muscles by working out for years on different machines. and the cigarette ads, coz u burn ur lungs when u smoke, so how can u climb K2??? for washing powder, how would i know that the cloth they should before and after are same???

rest, for food products ads, I think they work. u get to know new inventions. like salad dressings, jams, cookies. new ways to eat oreo. wagira wagira

so i think it works and it does. 50-50
There are two types of advertisements. Ome works and other doesn't. Advertising a product on the TV with a picture and its benefits don't draw customers towards it because customers buy the product that they use all the time. Other type of advertisment is: Showing items on sale. This one certainly works because it draws buyers who always use those products. They rush to the store to buy Products of their choise on sale and end up buying more than their normal budget.
We are living in a very competitive markets. People do like to buy products on Reduced or Special Price.
its boorin even vathin dem....its soo irritatin vatchin all d stupid ads
LOL,I dont even watch the advertisements...When there are advertisements ,I change the channel 😆

I feel the ads in the newspapers do help... 😊 As most of the local dealers advertise in newspapers..

The food product ads work well and how.....I have my sister who will nag me to death if I dont get her the new chocolate or the new bubblegum that was advertised 😆...The advertisements in Cartoon Network are the MOST EFFECTIVE ONES....

I think advertisements definetely have an impact on what we buy and want.

First of all not all people are aware of everything coming out into the market today, from food to cosmetics, clothes, weight loss products, etc. Commercials make us aware of it.

Second, flashy commercials or ones that are appealing to the eye make us want to enquire more about it. Its all a way for them to get us to buy more things.

Different things appeal to different people, like McDonalds always focuses on the Dollar menu, which is appealing to most of America. Every commercial tries to be appealing to one group or another no matter what, and if we believe it or not we are affected by it.

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

It does work with Kids...when kids want something on TV, they even repeat the phrases in the comercial like: 'Finding Nemo' DVD is IN STORES NOW!
It also depends on your predilection...after watching years of Desi TV here in USA, I have never called 'Ajmeri Baba' or 'Pandit Maharaj' but buy frozen 'swaad' vegetables because zamana badal gaya hai.

hehe, i've seen those commercials... 😆

they have waayyy too many adverts on tv anyway!!

the herbal essences advert is on tv right now 😆 iv seen it about a hundred times and the girls probably have their hair that nice already. but my friend uses that shampoo and her hair is really nice!! so i dont know if it works or not 😕 😳 😆

Originally posted by cuty_a

they have waayyy too many adverts on tv anyway!!

the herbal essences advert is on tv right now 😆 iv seen it about a hundred times and the girls probably have their hair that nice already. but my friend uses that shampoo and her hair is really nice!! so i dont know if it works or not 😕 😳 😆

yup yup yup., I use herbal essences too!!! its really good!! 😃

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I have a cousine who has bathed with 'Lifebouy' all his life but he is always sick.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz😆

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 17 years ago
Originally posted by usachick821

hehe, i've seen those commercials... 😆

I hate those ads. 😡

Most of the time they work for me. I mean certain food ads don't attract me if they're the Lean Cuisine frozen dinner thingamajigs. Anything about losign weight. Nope

Things that work are the Cosmetic ads and the fast food ❤️ ads work.

Most creative ads work too. 😊