Book Talk

The Fault In Our Stars. - Page 2

-Infinity- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: epiphany.

9th grade is a brief introduction to hell. 11th grade unleashes the real wrath of hell and all its occupants. No kidding. Read as much as you can now and next year. Anyway, alright - John Green's debut books, 'Looking for Alaska' is a genuine masterpiece. I like it much more than this one, and I just explained to you how awesome this is. Then there is 'An Abundance of Katherines' that I read from him next, which was decent, not very good in my opinion but sure worth a read.

Haha, Okay. I'll do that nooww.. Because after your experience i'd getting bad vibes that mom and dad will stop giving me the money to buy these awesome books, so why wait? Let these creepy exams get over, argh. why do they even come? ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡ I hope I get enough time. anyways Thanks for the review, I'll buy it asap because I need too. who doesn;t love john green. ðŸ˜› btw, whats your name? ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Ronnie- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i tried reading this book after seeing this post.
The humor is good but kind off disturbing in some places..the mockery of death.. but i read that by end you all loved the book
Guess il wait till i complete the whole book and see for myself 😊
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: -Ronnie-

The humor is good but kind off disturbing in some places..the mockery of death.. but i read that by end you all loved the book

I agree it might seem morbid reading jokes on death but that's just the whole point of the story that when you know for sure you are going to die the only thing that you can do to avoid the dark and depressing nature of your reality is to make fun of it and try taking it all in with a heavy dose of humour. That's what John Green has tried to show here by writing it from the point of view of these kids suffering from cancer.
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

In fact, I don't think it's a mockery of death at all. If anything, I think the story is a lot about how inevitable death is and how painful it can be. Especially for loved ones. Hazel struggles for every breath. Gus knows his cancer is incurable.

Read the book. Maybe then we can discuss.

The humor was great, yes. :)
-Infinity- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

They just shed of the depressing thing of death, well one gets cancer they feel its the end of world, and whatsoever it is not the concept, get it. what john green is telling is be the way you were before live each and every moment of your life with soul and happiness.
Let you read the whole book once, we'll give a talk. 
Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
I've got the book and its been sitting in bookcase for some time, haven't started it as of yet but will certainly starting this weekend. There's quite a number of people who've talked about this books so hope its as good as many say... 
-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
read this book recently and its just fine ! 
i hated the start, the way they meet coz it looked so rushed !
but it gets interesting as we get to know the characters better and the story developd further! i didnt like how hazel had long and complicated words in almoost every dialogue of hers which resulted in me skipping few paragraphs where she goes on lecturing! i prefer simple books where u dont need to check the dictionary evey few minutes! but all in all a good read..

i will still say nicholas sparks is the best when it comes to romantic stories...
read a walk to remember , its 100 times better than this bk!
Delphine thumbnail
Oh! dear, if only I could say it is a mockery of death then I would have not cried as much as I cried. 

It's not a mockery of death at all. It feels so true to me. Faith, courage and logic are the only three things which can keep us sane during such tough times. Yes, they may sound contradictory but if we have faith in some-being/thing/situation, our logic automatically justifies it. 

Had Hazel not dealt with the situation logically she would have given up her life and could have never enjoyed whatever was left of it. It made me see things from a different angle though I still lack the courage and will-power to deal with tough times. Truthfully, I can't deal with a death-like situation even though we know death is inevitable. Such is life!
incognito. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Am I the only one who didn't like the story of "The fault in our stars"?😳 For me the book was a great disappointment. I thought that the story line was a very typical one.It was an archetypal love story and from the very beginning when I came to know about the cancer thing,I expected one of the characters to die in the end. This ruined the suspense for me. I'm always looking for something unique,peculiar and ingenious.There was nothing quirky or remarkable about the story line. However,it would be very wrong of me if I do not praise John Green's superlative piece of writing. He presented a very simple and raw story in an extraordinary way. The characters that he notches are memorable.  When it comes to love stories,I always recommend Nicholas Spark's book. The Notebook was worth my time. The story line was an unprecedented one. However,I even didn't like"A walk to remember." 
Edited by .Enigma. - 10 years ago
LadyStark thumbnail
I read it this Christmas and it touched my heart. John Green has definately done an incredible job writing this beautiful piece of work. It's full of heartbreaking, witty and humourous events and you can't just help crying in the end.