The Fault In Our Stars. - Page 5

Posted: 9 years ago
"The fault in our stars"= Pure brilliance in story, characters, writing...Hats off to John Green!

The Fault in Our Stars was a beautiful novel. The characters are beautifully drawn and heartbreakingly realistic. Ultimately Green strives to portray his characters not as those fighting cancer are often shown, forced into playing the role of brave and wise soldiers stoically enduring untold suffering. He shows them as they truly are, just people, beautiful wonderful people but people none the less. They have no choice but to keep fighting because they are given no other option and because to admit defeat means death.

It is not their struggle that defines them but who they are in spite of it, managing to live and to love and even have fun and laugh. They use every moment given to them in the most beautiful way possible and that is what makes them exceptional.

Truly, this is a remarkable book and words cannot express how I feel towards it. A MUST read book for everyone, I literally finished this book in two days!

The Fault in our Stars
I am apprehensive of tragedies but I did give this bestseller a try. The story was very simple but the way it is written is beautiful and touching. 
I am now looking forward to reading the other John Green books!

I don't understand the hype behind this book🤔 Started reading it with lot of expectations but it didn't live up to it. In a nutshell, it was a simple and different story,but quite shallow and predictable  ðŸ¤”
To me it was an okay read but I wouldn't call it amazing ..
Edited by QuietlyLoud - 9 years ago
Originally posted by QuietlyLoud

I don't understand the hype behind this book🤔 Started reading it with lot of expectations but it didn't live up to it. In a nutshell, it was a simple and different story,but quite shallow and predictable  ðŸ¤”
To me it was an okay read but I wouldn't call it amazing ..

@Bold- May I ask what your expectations were?

Originally posted by Samilicious..

@Bold- May I ask what your expectations were?

Well it is said to be heart breakingly beautiful,life changing,eye opening blah blah.. So of course I expected it to be at least one of those .
But after finishing it I did not find anything remarkable about this book.It was just an average read.
I felt the characters of both the protagonists and their romance underdeveloped,shallow and somewhat unrealistic (like going to a guy's house right after meeting him.I mean, seriously?)
Overall I don't hate this book,but its definitely not my cup of tea .

Edited by QuietlyLoud - 9 years ago
Dont read the book till now,but the movie is indeed awesome
I admit i have never really warmed up to reading love stories ..i prefer watching them on screen...I have tried reading most of Nicholas Sparks books..but barring The notebook and The last song i couldnt even finish the others..they were so damn boring😔..I go back to my Agatha Christies and Shidney Sheldon all the time i try reading them😆
But this book..Man..i loved the humor...And the simplistic way in which the story had been weaved out..And i loved Augustus :)
I guess my username says enough about how much I love this book. Whenever I read the book, it has never been boring even for a single second. And I always end up crying at the end. The book is just fabulous.
And the movie came on my birthday. I am yet to watch it though.
no words will be enough to describe wat i felt after reading this book.. hats off to John Green..
Guys there in NO AT on TFIOS? Or the cast AT OR Cast Celeb AT?? Seriously??🤔