Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Adoption is a beautiful concept. It is like giving a new life to a child who would have otherwise been loveless in this world.
My first cousin sister(my mother's own sister's daughter) is adopted. They adopted the child because they couldn't have a child(the most common cause of adoption). I love her very much and she is very close to me. 

Adoption is not justified when you cannot love the child you're adopting like your own child or you can't be a good parent to him/her.

With so many orphans and so many childless couples, if people went for adoption instead of high-cost ART's then the world would be a happier place for so many people!
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
@souro
I don't think adoption is about nobility at all. The parent are not doing a favour to the child. If they will bring up the child when he/she is dependent so will the child look after them in their old age. 
Now I don't agree with choosing a child with a checklist which includes criteria like looks and complexion. Do you know the thing which is most important to the parents when they are adopting a child? I do because I have seen it. The parents mostly want the child they have adopted to be healthy. I can't argue with that.

Adoption shouldn't be looked at as social work. It is not. The couples who adopt generally do so to fill in the void in their lives. They do not have any more obligation than the rest of us to help orphaned children. Getting material support is different from getting emotional support. These parent crave for the happiness that comes with a child. Similarly, a child needs parental guidance and love to grow up to be healthy emotionally.  

In my opinion, we shouldn't mix up helping orphaned children with adoption. A family is every child's need- its not a luxury. Adoption is not just about giving a better life to a child but also the parents. 

I don't have the information about statistics but if every childless couple adopted an orphan, wouldn't the number of orphaned children decrease? So many families would be benefited, not just children.
Edited by -Wanderer- - 10 years ago
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Adoption is good, adopt it only if you feel you can give unconditional love to the baby...I know a guy use to be my neighbour, his mother adopted him because she couldnt get pregnant, but after trying with numerous doctor, finally she was able to get pregnant & once had her own baby, she started to love her own baby more.. I feel sad for the boy...It feel sad to have people treating you like a stranger, like you don't belong to them...Thus I feel if you can love the adopted baby equally like you love your own kids, then you can definitely adopt one..

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What are your thoughts on adoption? Is it only considered an option when you can't have a kid of your own? Or do you see it as a charity? Is adoption always justified?  When is it not? 

I am also a strong supporter of adoption.

In my case, this desire for adopting arose because, IDK I want to become a mother, essentially. It's more about raising a baby, nurturing him, playing with him, being a mother. I wanted top become a mother since I was 16-ish :(

If I dont have a baby of my own by the time I'm 24, I will not hesitate adopting one. But if I do, I wont. Because, more than anything(adoption or giving birth) I want to raise one child. Focusing my all on ONE child.

Adoption is a beautiful thing if the parent gives his all to the child.
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 10 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Adoption is a gr8 thing,for that you need a beautiful heart and mind to adopt a child...😊.

Some situation I feel, international adoptions are safer' for the adoptive parents...Bcos they never have to worry about the birth parents coming back and regaining some sort of rights to the child that they gave up. In a domestic adoption, you do run a higher risk of having some involvement with the birth parents..
Makes me wonder what is considered more difficult. Giving birth to a child or bringing up a child. people who opt not to have children should be able to answer that one.