Dance India Dance Season 4

Rishika and Meera eliminated: Nov 30th (Maha-Kasauti Special)

.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Maha-Kasauti Special

Manan (Aye Khuda): I don't usually like Manan but I thought today's performance was one of his best. But I still think that compared to other performers, he's weak. I also thought Mudassar's comment on how he reminds him of Raghav was a bit much.

Swarali (Pani Da - female version): I loveee this song and I loved the water splashing sounds they added. I liked the concept and the ad but I felt somewhere it got a bit repetitive on the prop.

Biki Das (Unsure): I wasn't sure of Biki pulling this off but after the point where he screaming, it was very powerful. I loved the bit where he does the snake move in the beginning. But somewhere in all that acting and the fire everywhere, the emotions became more overwhelming than the dance.

Dhiraj (Phir Se Udd Chala): His dead drop in the beginning was so good! His windmill with his hands with the red scarf was really nice. Him and Chou are easily the best contemporary dancers this year.

Juhi (Yeh Mera Deewanapan Hai): I loved the opening with the legs only. Her cartwheel while coming on the floor was fantastic! I thought the shower bit was too much. I dunno if I just have a very conservative family but I know that would be awkward to watch. The water made her lose the balance as well. Her extensions are definitely her plus point.

Sumedh (Aye Udi Udi Udi): Loved the beginning! His popping was great but I felt that Shruti could have given him better choreography. If someone has to go in her team, Manan should definitely be next.

Suniketa (Unsure): I like the fact that someone decided to do classical. This season definitely lacks variety. Suniketa has beautiful expressions! Her eyes express so well. Her end posture was amazing.

Shyam (Main Aisa Kyun Hoon): I liked his dancing but it wasn't robotic at all. Overall, it was alright. I think I expected more from Shyam though.

Meera (Ram Chahe): I liked the beginning and compared to her last performance, this was much better. Everything in the sandbox was very well done and choreographed. But otherwise, she's still the weakest female dancer.

Shristi (Man Basiyo Saanwariyo): I think Shristi is a very powerful performer but this wasn't her best act. The beginning was very good. I hope she stays though.

Rishika(Unsure): I loved the concept of the girl child. I actually gasped when I realized she was in a garbage bin. I still think she's a bit young for the show but she was perfect for this concept. Her tip toeing like Shruti pointed out wasn't that good.

Aushutosh (Slowly Slowly): Liked concept - looked very "Thriller"-like to me. His headcrack in the middle was nice. And the best part was the bit with Feroz shooting at him. The timings were excellent there! I was surprised that the judges weren't all that nice with the comments.

Sapna (Halkat Jaawani): I liked the beginning and the way they mixed kathak with the item song but somewhere I just sort of lost interest. Even Rishika did a better kathak act with Inhi logo ne.

Chou (Chanda Re): His act was definitely one of the hardest but it was very unclean at the top. It could have been the best act today if that huge mistake hadn't happened. His drop at the end was beautiful and overall, Chou is an awesome dancer. I wish that mistake hadn't happened.

Dancer selected for top 12Suniketa - I'm glad Suniketa was selected for the top 12. She deserved it for sure. Although Chou could have gotten it if that mistake hadn't happened.

Eliminated: Rishika and Meera. Finally a decision of the grandmaster that I agree with. 

So are you happy with the eliminations? Who was your favourite today? I think I'd go with Chou, Suniketa and even Aushutosh. 

(If anyone could give me the songs for the performances I didn't get, I'd appreciate it!)

Edited by .Anamika. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shada-Mk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Muje bhot bura laga rishika out hui
.Anamika. thumbnail
Originally posted by: SHADA

Muje bhot bura laga rishika out hui

But it had to happen, right? She was too young to participate. If she had waited a year, trained more, matured more as a dancer, I think that would have been a better decision for her. She wasn't bad but I just don't think she was ready as a dancer for more.
with_an_idea thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Anamika.

Maha-Kasauti Special

Manan (Aye Khuda): I don't usually like Manan but I thought today's performance was one of his best. But I still think that compared to other performers, he's weak. I also thought Mudassar's comment on how he reminds him of Raghav was a bit much.

Bang on. Raghav is out of this world... and besides it's too early to crown him with something
shada-Mk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">But it had to happen, right? She was too young to participate. If she had waited a year, trained more, matured more as a dancer, I think that would have been a better decision for her. She wasn't bad but I just don't think she was ready as a dancer for more.</font>

haan lekin wo mudii ki team ki ti yaaar muje mudii k liye bura laga
-Alinaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with your reviews, also with the grandmaster's decision. Risika and Meera were the weakest of all.

Meera is pretty, which adds to her expressions. But I have always found her fairly weak in dancing.  I have never watch her full dance, coz I always lose interest in first 10-15 sec. I think it was fair that she was eliminated.

Risika, in my opinion, was stronger than Meera, but weaker than the rest.

About Shyam, I agree that it was not robotic, but good. I remember him from Chak Dhoom Dhoom Kids dance compeition, aired on Colors few years back. He was great in that. If that was his potential, then I think he is under-utilized in this show or he is out of practice. but I wish to see him in his Chak Dhoom Dhoom level.

Felt really sad for Chow. I don't think it is his mistake alone. The team should have been more careful with prop setup and the choreography.
.Anamika. thumbnail
Originally posted by: SHADA

haan lekin wo mudii ki team ki ti yaaar muje mudii k liye bura laga

Well, he still has other great dancers left! So I'm sure he'll manage just fine.
.Anamika. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Alinaa-

I agree with your reviews, also with the grandmaster's decision. Risika and Meera were the weakest of all.

Meera is pretty, which adds to her expressions. But I have always found her fairly weak in dancing.  I have never watch her full dance, coz I always lose interest in first 10-15 sec. I think it was fair that she was eliminated.

Risika, in my opinion, was stronger than Meera, but weaker than the rest.

About Shyam, I agree that it was not robotic, but good. I remember him from Chak Dhoom Dhoom Kids dance compeition, aired on Colors few years back. He was great in that. If that was his potential, then I think he is under-utilized in this show or he is out of practice. but I wish to see him in his Chak Dhoom Dhoom level.

Felt really sad for Chow. I don't think it is his mistake alone. The team should have been more careful with prop setup and the choreography.

I remember Raghav was some show called Chak Dhoom Dhoom with his team, D-maniax? Is this the same one? Shyam does have great potential. I think his suit restricted him a lot. 
vari3241 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Everyone is missing things here and there.
-Alinaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I remember Raghav was some show called Chak Dhoom Dhoom with his team, D-maniax? Is this the same one? Shyam does have great potential. I think his suit restricted him a lot. 

No, it was Chak Dhoom Dhoom Kids Championship. D-maniax was in Group championship. The kids were choreographed by Bosco-Caesar, n judged by Saroj Khan, Ahmed Khan and another lady judge( forgot her name).

Some of Shyam's performances:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoe48nJpsZs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZWDO1qDvTY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUszr_zu0tY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by -Alinaa- - 10 years ago