Doli Armaano Ki

Will DAK show battle of expectations of marriage TOI NM MM QUOTED

-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
When it comes to love and marriage,womentend to harbour the idea of having the perfect wedding, a good, caring husband and loving in-laws. She may be educated and may even be aware of changing state of relationships these days, but that doesn't stop her from getting starry-eyed about her Prince Charming even if she doesn't find him. Maybe that's why love stories continue to thrive.

Actors Mohit Mallik and Neha Marda will be part of one such love story set in Jhansi, in their new show Doli Armaanon Ki, which explores the battle of expectations between two people with different ideas about marriage.

Neha plays Urmi, a girl in love with the idea of falling in love. Of why the role is perfect for her, she shares, "I recently got married and shifted base to Patna, but my husband and in-laws were supportive enough to let me return to pursue my dreams. Maybe real life is not that romantic, but Urmi does expect her husband to be loving and caring so in that way I relate to the character."

Mohit plays Samrat Singh Rathore, a man who fulfils his duties as a typical husband but is always immersed in work. The actor says that while he isn't like that in real life, most husbands are. He says, "I liked the idea of playing a lead actor with grey shades. The show is aspirational from the girl's point of view. I agree there are expectations from a marriage, but you don't enter one with starry eyes."

Doli Armaanon Ki launches tonight and airs Monday to Friday at 10.30 pm on Zee TV.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StarSmarty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Seems interesting. Thanks for sharing.