Cant keep my eyes off Ahana: Samir Soni

nuut thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Can't keep my eyes off Ahana: Samir Soni

After Parichay', Samir Soni returns to small screen with a new horror show Ringa Ringa Roses' on Life Ok. In a candid chat with itimes, the actor talks about his beliefs in supernatural powers and how his life has changed after he and wife Neelam Kothari adopted a baby girl, who they fondly call Ahana.     

You have opted for something different this time? What is the most intriguing thing about this genre that made you choose it?   

I am always driven by characters. It has to be something that should excite me and I found that in this character. It is a very challenging role. It is fun to play a ghost catcher. The biggest challenge for me in this character is to make it believable and people should love him and like him. I like doing the characters which are slightly offbeat and complex.  

Do you believe in supernatural powers?   

I haven't experienced anything like this but still there are stories that have gone on for centuries, so believing that something like this exist won't be wrong. They might exist, I can't say.   

How's fatherhood treating you?  

Right now Neelam is playing both mother and father as I have been busy shooting. I just see Ahana and keep staring at her. I can't keep my eyes of her. Ahana is just 11 months old and I look forward to spending more and more time with her as she grows up. I am looking forward to going out on walks with her, sitting and watching TV with her and doing things together.

Whatever time you have spent with Ahana, do you see any change in your life?

I don't know because I am still adjusting to it. Neelam thinks that I have become more emotional. She says she hasn't seen me so emotional. Usually I keep my emotions in check. Neelam says he hasn't seen me displaying emotions like this before. It is not something that no one has ever done, but it is still new for me.

What is it that made you and Neelam decide on adopting a child?   

Firstly, lets be honest here, we are getting old,  we are not 20 years old boy and girl anymore, we are both in our 40s. We both were very clear that we wanted a daughter.

Instead of having surrogate or any other option, we decided on why not adopt a baby, who, hopefully, gets a nice life. I think this works in every way. You are doing a good deed and at the same time having someone new in life. I haven't seen my in-laws so happy before, like they are right now. They feel happy when they see Neelam so happy holding the baby in her hand.   

There is a very small section of society which is really pro adoption. For many it still remains a taboo.  

How can it be a taboo?  It is ridiculous to say something like this. For me I am proud of it. My only concern is that when my child grows up, how will she take it. I am not going to hide it from her. My only concern is once she finds out she doesn't feel differently from her perspective.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awesumsonia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thax fr sharing Nuut
frm where do u find all these interesting articles

I loved his honest n straight replies!!πŸ‘

We all strongly belive dat SaNee have done a good deed..SaNe
n we all will pray dat Ahana takes dis in d right perspective when she grown up😊
god bless this family
-Rojaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing 
Its really commendable how SS is honest about their age and the reason they opted for adoptionπŸ‘πŸΌ, Not many are able admit it in public. 

i totally agree with his statement on how adoption works in everyday , i am not a big fan of surrogacy either πŸ˜³

More than the show , these kind of interviews put a smile on my face, i hope we get more and more of interviews of him , specially about Ahana😳. such an adorable kid she is , no wonder SS can't keep his eyes off her πŸ˜ƒ 
Edited by -Roshani- - 10 years ago
Rajash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Firstly Thank you sooo much for sharing this article Naughty nuut πŸ˜‰ 😊

I m feeling so good come across such a lovely article about Samir Sir n his family πŸ˜ƒ
n somehow i m so touched by all his answers reg Ahana n his feelings about parenthood 😊
Samir Sir...As always you being very very honest about whatever you mentioned here πŸ‘πŸ‘ surely its not so easy to say it openly to media... i sometimes get very amazed to see how do you managed to do that every time ⭐️
Not only you as her father but even we as your fans too feel so proud of your decision of getting Ahana into your Life πŸ˜ƒ She is really fortunate to have parents like SaNee n Yes... as she grows up she too will be proud of the fact that she is your darling daughter πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸΌ

So agree with you Samir Sir its really difficult to keep eyes off your beautiful angel even when watching her picture 😳😳 God bless all three of you πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Rajash - 10 years ago
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: nuut

How can it be a taboo?  It is ridiculous to say something like this. For me I am proud of it. My only concern is that when my child grows up, how will she take it. I am not going to hide it from her. My only concern is once she finds out she doesn't feel differently from her perspective.

@Red - And we are so so proud of you... 
Edited by shweta_r - 10 years ago
Rush2220 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks nuut for this interview, has to be one of his best. Honest and from the heart.

I have always respected Samir n Neelam but my respect increased few notches when they decided to adopt n adopt a girl child. In India ppl (majority) talk a lot but when it comes to doing something like this they go for surrogacy n want a boy. hope in future more people are ready to adopt the girl child. Hats of to this couple.πŸ‘

' My only concern is that when my child grows up, how will she take it. I am not going to hide it from her. My only concern is once she finds out she doesn't feel differently from her perspective.'

I had goose flesh reading this...Am sure for Ahana it wont be difficult to accept as am sure her parents will bring her up with all the love and affection but till then it must be tough on the parents.
Edited by Rush2220 - 10 years ago
jay_bpm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for interview,
Must say with every interview SS reveals such characteristics that bring reverence!
It is not every day you see someone from entertainment industry being so honest πŸ‘ 
Edited by jay_bpm - 10 years ago
fatimaheera thumbnail

Sameer Soni interview sbs new http://desi**fo***.net/newsvideos/fatafat-express-31/

Ani---Anisah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharingπŸ˜› I also can't get my eyes off Ahana😳 she's such a cuteee girl😳 hope the Soni's family have a great life aheadπŸ˜ƒ it's always such a pleasant to read a article about Samir...And I have no words to say how proud I am of myself for being a Samir's fan😳 Edited by Ani---Anisah - 10 years ago
Dr.Fear thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the awesome article