Other Topics

Koffee with IF - Episode 3 with Karthikka! - Page 2

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Pallanguzhi

Guys Karthikka may be the first of IF members to hear her name in a serial! 😃👏 Karthi, tell us how you felt during that moment in VR. ⭐️

I was utterly speechless and touched really - that the crew should think so highly of me and the efforts that I took that they showed their appreciation in such a unique way.

Of course, people I have not heard from for ages started contacting me thinking I am a personal friend of Radhika's, asking me for her autograph, introducing them to her and in one case, wanting to meet Sarathkumar through her. 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karthikka thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hopper_ocean

Karthikka, welcome welcome 😆 I know you are having a good holiday. Take your time re.

Thanks Ratna.

My set :- 

You mention before this holiday is special. Tell us why and with whom are you with 😉 If its too personal you can ignore this okie 😆

These friends of mine are special because one is my sister and she is very special to me. The other two I met through IF actually. We had a historical IF meeting here in Malaysia ages ago - I think you can find the thread and the photos are there. Out of all of us, four of us stuck together - me, Caryn, Netra and Vani. Every year we four will meet up regardless of where we we are and we spend four to five days together. We have so much fun, away from the families, work pressure, just a bunch of girls having fun, no restrictions, no judgement...so liberating...

How long have you been in IF? What made you land here?

Since 2006 (I think). Not what but who. My sister.

You mention before you hated Chellameh and said will never watch Radhika serials. How did you get glued to Vani Rani?

In one of those holidays I mentioned earlier, Netra showed me the episode where Rani pretends to be Vani in Gautham's principal's office. It was so funny and witty that I was hooked.

Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hahaha...sorry ka... 😭 This was destined to happen one day 😆

Here are some more Qns 😃

Any funny and unique experiences in IF?

If you had the chance, what role would you like to play in a serial?

If you had to direct a serial, what would be the story?

Who's your favourite actor/actress?

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

Hobbies?

Favourite food?

More Qs coming up...😉
Edited by Pallanguzhi - 10 years ago
Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Karthikka

I was utterly speechless and touched really - that the crew should think so highly of me and the efforts that I took that they showed their appreciation in such a unique way.

Of course, people I have not heard from for ages started contacting me thinking I am a personal friend of Radhika's, asking me for her autograph, introducing them to her and in one case, wanting to meet Sarathkumar through her. 😆

Haha...Must have been a great and funny experience 😆😆😆 
Edited by Pallanguzhi - 10 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pallanguzhi

Hahaha...sorry ka... 😭 This was destined to happen one day 😆

I was just teasing you...why the 😭???

Here are some more Qns 😃

Enakku thevathan.

Any funny and unique experiences in IF?

Yes. Loads. We had such a great gang here that coming here was such a joy. I'll show you an example...and at that time Kolangal (or as I called it Kolapangal) was the serial and Selvi was on as well. This is the thread I started. I was working very late one night and came up with this thread.

It was called Limerick Corner by K and J - K being me and J being Jasunap. We had so much fun. 😃

Unique experience was when some IFians in KL met up for the first time here in a restaurant called Chilli's. We met at 11 a.m. and finished at 6 p.m. (although Netra and I then adjourned to another bar and stayed there until 9 p,m.). Netra was sweet, she organised everything. Atina called and so did Ambi from Singapore who also sent us flowers. Sighhh...Hosanna, me, Sue Chechi, Vani19, Netra, Caryn. Rojakka popped in as well.

If you had the chance, what role would you like to play in a serial?

Definitely Vani. I like the character. She is smart, strong, courageous, faithful and guards her family (including the idiotic Swamy's) like a lioness.

If you had to direct a serial, what would be the story?

Like SunTV serials, it will be about women. But the women in my serial will be ordinary characters you find in real life who will deal with every day problems. I would finish one plot and then bring in a new one. I would look at Eastenders, my favourite serial in the UK for inspiration. It would cover real issues such as domestic violence, alcoholism etc but in an entertaining way. There will be happy plots as well. And men will definitely have significant roles.

Who's your favourite actor/actress?

Without a doubt,  Nadigar Thilagam. Favourite actress was Revathy...now it is Radhikaa. She's improved in leaps and bounds.

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

1. Health.
2. Happiness.
3. Wealth...in that order. When I was reading that Limerick thread again after all these years,I miss my IF buddies. If I had the wealth, I will get us all together again, IF is no longer what it was.

Hobbies?

Reading, cooking and writing. I love music too.

Favourite food?

Oh, a Malaysian dish called nasi lemak. It is rice cooked in coconut milk, served with a spicy chilli sambal (I suppose you could call it some kind of chutney) with egg and anchovies...you can add chicken or squid as  well. It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner...usually it is breakfast. It is comfort food, happy food.  A cup of hot chai or coffee completes the heavenly experience.

Any time is nasi lemak time!!😆

More Qs coming up...😉

Wokay!!😉

Edited by Karthikka - 10 years ago
incorrigible thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Karthi!! 🤗 Naan vanduthen!! 😃 With lots and lots of kostins.. 😆 Looking forward to your answers.. 😉
incorrigible thumbnail

On Life

Describe yourself in one line.

As an Indian woman, you've chosen "The Road Less Travelled", has this been a conscious decision or did it just happen?

Looking back at your life thus far, any regrets? Anything you wish you had done differently? If yes, what?

Any life altering moments that changed the whole course of your life and set you on the path you're on now?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now, 20 years from now and 30 years from now?

Edited by incorrigible - 10 years ago
incorrigible thumbnail

Your Thoughts

What is your definition of feminism? Would you describe yourself as a feminist?

What is your definition of equal rights? In your opinion, are equal rights possible between a man and a woman (especially in an Indian / Asian society like ours)?

What does religion mean to you? Does the caste system have any place in your life?

What is an adequate punishment for someone who abuses a child? Or who assaults a woman?

Do you believe in the death penalty? If yes, why? If no, what is a suitable alternative?

incorrigible thumbnail

On Family Ties

Do you have a strong support system within your circle of family and friends? Who is the one person who keeps you going through it all?

What does friendship mean to you? Are you a social butterfly or do you limit yourself to a close knit group that sticks by you through thick and thin?

What in your opinion is an ideal marriage?

What were you like while growing up? As a child? As a teenager? As a young adult?

Are you the product of a traditional and orthodox Indian upbringing? If yes, how did it impact your life?

incorrigible thumbnail

On Serials

Progressive or Regressive? Why?

What made you start watching serials? Which was your first serial? Any enjoyable serial so far? Do you limit yourself to Tamil serials or do you watch other regional serials as well?

Best opening song in a serial to date? Serial with the best background score?

Best scene or episode in a serial?

Do serials draw inspiration from real life and do viewers learn life lessons from serials?