Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incorrigible thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

On Fun Stuff

Favourite music director? Favourite director?

Has Tamil cinema or serials ever portrayed a perfect male lead / an ideal man? If yes, who. If no, please describe this paragon of virtue and name the actor best suited to portray him.

Favourite book? Favourite author? Favourite genre?

A book that changed your life? A movie that changed your life?

Name something crazy you would like to try as a hobby.

Edited by incorrigible - 10 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Haiyo, shree, why la why?  ðŸ˜†
incorrigible thumbnail
Originally posted by: Karthikka

Haiyo, shree, why la why?  ðŸ˜†

😃 I'm waiting.. ðŸ˜† Answers ah parthe than, next set of kostins post pannalama, vendamma ne decide pannanum.. ðŸ˜ƒ Ohh, this is so much fun.. ðŸ˜†
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG...Shree's questions are literally mind-boggling to read!! 😆

Enjoyed reading all of your answers, Karthikka.
Wishing you the very best in life...
hoping to see more writings from you soon!
incorrigible thumbnail
Originally posted by: spain

Thank you, thank you, thank you.. (Basha style) ðŸ˜† Brain-ah pulinji kostins post pannen.. Only the most incorrigible for Karthi.. ðŸ˜ƒ We all know she'll handle it with elan.. ðŸ˜‰ And now we wait.. ðŸ˜›
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ravi ..next coffee with incorrigble.. ok va ?? 😉  naraya questions kekara.. adhukku badhila naraya answers panna vaikkalam..

Karthikka .. enjoyed your answers.. will come soon with my set of questions..

Karthikka thumbnail
Originally posted by: incorrigible

On Life

Describe yourself in one line.

Perpetually Confused. ðŸ˜†

As an Indian woman, you've chosen "The Road Less Travelled", has this been a conscious decision or did it just happen?

It was a conscious effort - where did you get that, by the way - because I was always told what to do, how to behave, how to lead my life. When I became a young adult, I chose the route less travelled by girls from my community. But it still wasnt as wacky as some of my friends.

Looking back at your life thus far, any regrets? Anything you wish you had done differently? If yes, what?

Two regrets actually:

I regret that I was a victim of stereotyping. If you are brainy, you must be in the Science stream. 4 years of my life wasted because society saw Arts stream students as dumb and unruly.However, years later when I returned with a string of degrees after my name, I had the pleasure of telling my condescending Add Maths lecturer that whatever he taught me at school was of no use to me whatsoever in my professional life. I wish I had the guts to stand up to my father and insist that I dont want to be in the Science stream. But at 15 you don't have a choice in the matter.

I regret not staying back in England. England was my idea of intellectual heaven - arts, history, literature, music,  political excitement, where you develop your intellectual abilities, where the papers do not treat you as fools, the land of wit and satire and of course, the birth place of my profession.

Any life altering moments that changed the whole course of your life and set you on the path you're on now?

Nothing really...but there is irony though. My maternal grandfather wanted my mother to go to Uni and pursue a degree. She was psyched by him and my periamma...however, she fell in love with my father and wanted to marry him. My grandfather was heartbroken but agreed to their wedding. Years later, I went to Uni and fulfilled his dream. My Periamma tells me till today that even though my mother did not fulfil my grandpa's dreams, I did. Hehehe.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now, 20 years from now and 30 years from now?

10 years from now - good question. well established in my field. An expert.

20 years from now - retired, doing the things I love, reading, writing, consulting, chilling with a glass of wine.

30 years from now - dead? ðŸ˜†

Edited by Karthikka - 10 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
Originally posted by: spain

Tell me about it. ðŸ˜¡ ðŸ˜†

Enjoyed reading all of your answers, Karthikka.

Thank you. 
Wishing you the very best in life...

Same to you.
hoping to see more writings from you soon!

Put one up already. Planning a fanfic for VR. 

hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
one silly question  😛 Just to see the other side of you ðŸ˜†

Why are carrots not called oranges, as they are more orange than oranges?

Karthikka thumbnail
Originally posted by: hopper_ocean

one silly question  😛 Just to see the other side of you ðŸ˜†

Why are carrots not called oranges, as they are more orange than oranges?

Unakku kozhupu di... I can't give you an answer yet as I am still trying to find out why when the plural of alumnus is alumni, the plural of campus is not campii!!