Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: incorrigible

Your Thoughts

What is your definition of feminism? Would you describe yourself as a feminist?

Feminism is an assertion of your rights as a woman.  I am an individualist rather than a feminist. I recognise that as an individual, a woman should be respected.

What is your definition of equal rights? In your opinion, are equal rights possible between a man and a woman (especially in an Indian / Asian society like ours)?

Is there a definition of equal rights? . People should be respected for themselves, not for their gender, colour and race. Equal rights are possible but not now. We need to eradicate the Neanderthal mindset that can exist in even the highly-educated. 

What does religion mean to you? Does the caste system have any place in your life?

Sometimes I feel Marx was right when he said religion is the opium of the masses. I am a Hindu but I don't consider Hindu as a religion. It is a philosophy and that is why I am comfortable being a Hindu. Like I always say, the Ten Commandments is not unique to Christianity, it is common to all religions. You dont need religion to tell you what is right and wrong.

There are only two castes in my world. The Stupids and Not Stupids. πŸ˜†

What is an adequate punishment for someone who abuses a child? Or who assaults a woman?

Castration. Caning.

Do you believe in the death penalty? If yes, why? If no, what is a suitable alternative?

No, I don't. It does not resolve anything. Dump everyone in an island for good. Oh hang on, that might be another Australia in the making. πŸ˜†

Karthikka thumbnail

On Family Ties

Do you have a strong support system within your circle of family and friends? Who is the one person who keeps you going through it all?

Yes. My mother and sister and my close friends Lalini, Netra, Vani and Azrena. The one person who kept me going through it all was my dearest wonderful Thilagavathi. We started our careers together and she was the one person I'd run to. Unfortunately I lost her to cancer two years back and I feel it even now. So now the only person who keeps me going through it all is me.

What does friendship mean to you? Are you a social butterfly or do you limit yourself to a close knit group that sticks by you through thick and thin?

Loyalty. Not blind loyalty though. A strong friendship means having your differences and being friends despite that. Having arguments but being able to say sorry without an ego and getting back again. I am a mixture of both actually. I have my small knit of friends and then those friends I don't see for years and we continue from we let off as if nothing had happened.

When you are with your good friends, you dont have to pretend.

What in your opinion is an ideal marriage?

Comfortable. After the passion runs out, you should be comfortable with each other.

What were you like while growing up? As a child? As a teenager? As a young adult?

Sickly, timid and damn brainy. Confused, unhappy and damn brainy. Rebellious and damn brainy, πŸ˜†

Are you the product of a traditional and orthodox Indian upbringing? If yes, how did it impact your life?

Yes. There are good values I learnt but there are certain things that I detested.  Having said that, my father was not as orthodox as some other men, but he was very possessive and controlling. Because of society, community issues. I had a fantastic childhood. The problems started when I became a young lady.

Appadiyo!!!

incorrigible thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nithyamkv

Ravi ..next coffee with incorrigble.. ok va ?? πŸ˜‰  naraya questions kekara.. adhukku badhila naraya answers panna vaikkalam..

Karthikka .. enjoyed your answers.. will come soon with my set of questions..

πŸ˜† Nithya Ka, but you have to admit, Karthi's answers are mind blowing.. πŸ˜‰ Such thought provoking yet entertaining insight to the woman she is.. πŸ˜ƒ We need more kostins.. πŸ˜† Ravi, intha Koffee with IF episode extend pannalamma? πŸ˜ƒ Ohhh, Karthi's sooo going to kill me.. πŸ˜†
Karthikka thumbnail

On Serials

Progressive or Regressive? Why?

Regressive. Sickening, offensive story lines. Domestic violence, bigamy, mamiyar torture, rape, sexual harassment justified. Stomach-churning dialogues.  Women are badly portrayed. Men as well.

What made you start watching serials? Which was your first serial? Any enjoyable serial so far? Do you limit yourself to Tamil serials or do you watch other regional serials as well?

No choice. Called home one day. Mum took the call. "Mum, it's me. How are you? Have you eaten?" "Fine, yes, how are you?" "Fine" "OK, good. Bye" Phone clicks. Me: Mum? Mum? Apparently I had called when a serial was on. It was Chitty. She denies it of course but I remember standing in the phone box on that cold winter day and going "Mum, Mum". πŸ˜† Came back for summer break and caught up. 

Chitty was the first serial, Only Vani Rani now. Used to like Thendral but no more. I dont watch other serials but my favourite English soaps (as serials were called) were Eastenders from BBC and Neighbours from Australia. Our directors could learn a thing or two from EE

Best opening song in a serial to date? Serial with the best background score?

Chitty (kannin mani, kannin mani by Chitra ) shathir, were you the one who uploaded the song in youtube? No doubt Vani Rani...the tender one

Best scene or episode in a serial?

Many scenes in VR - too many to mention. I was clapping and whooping and yelling yes at 3 a.m. in my room. Several times.

Do serials draw inspiration from real life and do viewers learn life lessons from serials?

I dont think so and unfortunately there are viewers who think serials are real life. Both Yuvarani ( the villi in Chitty) and Shanti Williams (Anaconda) have said how they were insulted/scolded for being evil...I think someone knocked on SW's head if I am not mistaken. That is why I get so angry with serials especially Deivamagal for delivering the wrong message. You and I can differentiate real life and reel life, but I can assure you there are people who can't.

Karthikka thumbnail

πŸ˜† Nithya Ka, but you have to admit, Karthi's answers are mind blowing.. πŸ˜‰ Such thought provoking yet entertaining insight to the woman she is.. πŸ˜ƒ We need more kostins.. πŸ˜† Ravi, intha Koffee with IF episode extend pannalamma? πŸ˜ƒ Ohhh, Karthi's sooo going to kill me.. πŸ˜†

Haiyo!!! I created a monster!
Shathirlala thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Here are some light ones to ease you off. πŸ˜†

I'm guessing you read, if not just skip these...
what is your favorite book?

Who is your favorite character?

Are there any novel characters you can relate to or compare your life with?

Favorite author?

You said cooking is you passion so let's hope you had some time to explore your passion...
What dish/meal do you love cooking?

If someone told you cook something this instant, what would you make?

You get praised a lot by cooking what?

Any kitchen disasters?

From Movies/Television
Do you remember any instance of anyone resembling you to a celebrity, if so who is it?

Who (from what you know about their personal life) do you respect, if anyone?

In VR, what role do you think will suit you the best?

In VR, who's role do you think will be the hardest for you to enact?

Hopefully, I'll come back with more. πŸ˜ƒ

Shathirlala thumbnail

Brilliant answers to awesome questions. πŸ‘ One for the answers πŸ˜ƒ & πŸ‘ another for the questions. πŸ˜ƒ
Shathirlala thumbnail

Love your favorite quote, ironically your favorite quote is the one you made up. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Karthikka

Chitty (kannin mani, kannin mani by Chitra ) shathir, were you the one who uploaded the song in youtube? No doubt Vani Rani...the tender one

Yep, that's me... I wonder what gave it away... πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Karthikka

my favourite English soaps (as serials were called) were Eastenders from BBC and Neighbours from Australia. Our directors could learn a thing or two from EE

Ah, you follow Eastenders, I always wanted to ask this to someone? πŸ˜ƒ

Have you watched all the episodes of Eastenders (is is about 4800)?

When did you start following this or how long have you been watching this?

And have you watched all the episodes of Neighbors?

Also, do you watch/have you watched any Korean serials, if so what is your opinion of them - I found your threat of moving from Tamil to Korean serials quite amusing. πŸ˜†
Hopefully, that doesn't happen. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by ThangamPlus - 10 years ago
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG Ippo than slowly reading all questions and answers.
Brilliant writing and very thoughtful as well.

I have few questions - if you think personnel then skip don't scold me publicly. PM la koopttu thittunggo ok than. πŸ˜‰

1. Is yours Love marriage?

2. How many children do you have - Are they young or old?

3. My important question how do you find time to comer to IF between your work and home time and ofcourse write all these answers? (that is some thing I find hard)

4. Is your name Karthi, Karthika or Karthi Akka? πŸ˜‰

5. Apporam one question - do you have any crush on any movie actor???? Any time? 

6. What kind of movies do you like? 

7. Can you sing?

(Innum neriya irukku - but itukku othai varlenna rest) πŸ˜‰

Karthikka thumbnail
Migan, neengalumma??

Originally posted by: migan

OMG Ippo than slowly reading all questions and answers.

Brilliant writing and very thoughtful as well.

Thank you.

I have few questions - if you think personnel then skip don't scold me publicly. PM la koopttu thittunggo ok than. πŸ˜‰

Ille, won't do that sis. If it is personal, I will tell you so.

1. Is yours Love marriage?

Not married...enoda writings thread eh padinga, there is an article on it.

2. How many children do you have - Are they young or old?

See answer to Qn 1

3. My important question how do you find time to comer to IF between your work and home time and ofcourse write all these answers? (that is some thing I find hard)

Multi-task, mum and maid. πŸ˜†I do a lot of work on the computer so I have three to four windows running at the same time. Mum and maid take care of the house but when mum was sick, I would come home, cook and then have my bath. Also because I watch only one serial, I use that time to do the things that need to be done. My weekends are spent cooking, looking after my nephew and weekly shopping.
4. Is your name Karthi, Karthika or Karthi Akka? πŸ˜‰

All but none. πŸ˜†Actually I am Karthigai nadchitram, so I chose Karthikka. My real name was announced to the whole world by Arun Kumar Rajan (Surya) in Vani Rani. 

5. Apporam one question - do you have any crush on any movie actor???? Any time? 

Yes. Vikram and Surya. But my biggest crush was/is George Clooney. Sigh. Handsome and smart and socially conscious. I was actually corresponding with Suriya (as he liked to spell his name according to astrology) before he became famous and then it just died out. Now he is famous and if I contact him, he'll think I am a mad person. I really regret letting it die off.

6. What kind of movies do you like? 

All types actually but movies that make me smile. Family stories. Mystery - I can take but horror, no. Although I force myself to watch them if I have to.

7. Can you sing?

Not. At. All. Ellam koodutha Iraivan ithey mattum vitthuthan. 😑 I am nuts over music. Everything except Carnatic.

(Innum neriya irukku - but itukku othai varlenna rest) πŸ˜‰

Nandri. πŸ˜›

Edited by Karthikka - 10 years ago