Neelam is protective - Samir Soni

-Rojaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Neelam is protective'

Samir Soni discusses daughter Ahana, television, theatre and his stint on the controversial reality show Bigg Boss

I would have run away in a day if I were a contestant in Bigg Boss this season

Samir Soni, a popular face on television, in films and in theatre has a new role that's keeping him busy these days " that of a father to little daughter Ahana. The actor admits that work commitments don't give him enough time with her but his favourite way to pass time is to just watch her. He says, "My favourite pastime is to lie on the bed and watch her crawl over me. Neelam is very protective and thinks I might drop her. I don't agree, I want to let her fall and learn to get up again, it's good fun. She's just learning how to stand. Her sound effects are cute and at times scary." The actor adds that he wishes he could make more time for her. "Luckily she's too young to understand I should be giving her more time. She spends all her time with Neelam and her nana- nani. For her, I'm this strange looking man with stubble. I do feel guilty at times." The actor, last seen in

Parichay is now back on television with

Khauff Begins... Ringa Ringa Roses

on Life OK. Speaking about it he says, "They offered me a lot of money," he jokes. He adds, "For me it has always been about the character and that's what excites me. Can I add something to it? And how can I make it stand out, is what I look at."

Revealing more about his role in the show he says, "I play an ex- Army officer in his late 30s. He has a gift of being able to see the supernatural " those are the basics of the character. There is a back story and subtext and context. That itself is exciting. This is the first time I'm playing a role like this."

The actor adds that though the supernatural excites him, he hasn't experienced it. He says, "I haven't had any personal experience. Odd things happen to everyone. People have claimed to have seen ghosts and there are enough books on the subject, so I can't say it doesn't exist, though I haven't experienced it."

Samir is also a popular face on the theatre scene. Speaking about theatre, he says, "I haven't done too many shows of late, I have cut back on them. What I do depends on my need to express how I feel at that point in life. You have intense workshops and rehearsals. The initial commitment is one month. English theatre dosen't have as many shows as Gujarati and Hindi. I want to perform, I don't want to work just 100 days. I would rather work 300 days which is why I also do TV and films. However, I love theatre."

Samir, who has been a part of the reality show Bigg

Boss says, "I watch it off and on. I would have run away in a day if I were a contestant this season, it's very scary. That show has been the most fascinating experience in my life. I don't regret it."

Edited by -Roshani- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ani---Anisah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharingπŸ˜› Awwee Ahana is too cute😳
awesumsonia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Roshani-

He says, "My favourite pastime is to lie on the bed and watch her crawl over me. Neelam is very protective and thinks I might drop her. I don't agree, I want to let her fall and learn to get up again, it's good fun. She's just learning how to stand. Her sound effects are cute and at times scary." The actor adds that he wishes he could make more time for her. "Luckily she's too young to understand I should be giving her more time. She spends all her time with Neelam and her nana- nani. For her, I'm this strange looking man with stubble. I do feel guilty at times." The actor, last seen inParichay is now back on television withKhauff Begins... Ringa Ringa Roses

on Life OK. Speaking about it he says, "They offered me a lot of money," he jokes. He adds, "For me it has always been about the character and that's what excites me. Can I add something to it? And how can I make it stand out, is what I look at."

TFS Rosh!!
awww im in love wid this cute family.*Touchwood*

@red- aww nw dats sweet of him..😳Well dats d difference b/w a mother n a father..Moms r always protective..n fathers want their children to learn n all πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

@green-even  i wanna hear her sound effects

@Blue-ohhh!! dnt be guilty Sammy..

@bold- nw dat ws d best partπŸ˜†

Totally loved this interview
Im happy dat we are getting more articles of Sammy,Neelam n Ahana these daysπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by awesumsonia - 10 years ago
Rajash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
keeping him busy these days " that of a father to little daughter Ahana. The actor admits that work commitments don't give him enough time with her but his favourite way to pass time is to just watch her. He says, "My favourite pastime is to lie on the bed and watch her crawl over me. Neelam is very protective and thinks I might drop her. I don't agree, I want to let her fall and learn to get up again, it's good fun. She's just learning how to stand. Her sound effects are cute and at times scary." The actor adds that he wishes he could make more time for her. "Luckily she's too young to understand I should be giving her more time. She spends all her time with Neelam and her nana- nani. For her, I'm this strange looking man with stubble. I do feel guilty at times."

My fav part of this interview... just love to read from him more n more about Ahana n how their world revolves around her πŸ˜ƒ its So sweet of him to say all these things in his interviews n share his joy with us too  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Thank you SS 😳
Looking forward to many more interviews about ur Show n You 😳 its feels gr8 to read them !πŸ˜ƒ

Rajash thumbnail

Originally posted by: awesumsonia

TFS Rosh!!

awww im in love wid this cute family.*Touchwood*

@red- aww nw dats sweet of him..😳Well dats d difference b/w a mother n a father..Moms r always protective..n fathers want their children to learn n all πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

@green-even  i wanna hear her sound effects

@Blue-ohhh!! dnt be guilty Sammy..

@bold- nw dat ws d best partπŸ˜†

Totally loved this interview
Im happy dat we are getting more articles of Sammy,Neelam n Ahana these daysπŸ˜ƒ

Teacher ji ...yeh dil mange more πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
SS have so many interviews for this show already πŸ˜ƒ. Wish we could have atleast 50% of the same for our show
-CloudNine- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the sharing😊
awesumsonia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
[/QUOTE] yaah yaah..obviously  yeh dil more maangega...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³
btw...u forgot my new name?>😑
n yaa im in love wid ur dp😳
Rush2220 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for the interview...

Loving all the tit bits about Ahana...the best lines

Her sound effects are cute and at times scary

For her, I'm this strange looking man with stubble.

🀣
Rajash thumbnail

Originally posted by: awesumsonia

yaah yaah..obviously  yeh dil more maangega...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³
btw...u forgot my new name?>😑
n yaa im in love wid ur dp😳
I have not forgot ut name Sammy's Sonu πŸ˜‰ bas got used to call u teacher ji πŸ˜ƒ
@Bold πŸ˜ƒ good na 😳