Posted: 10 years ago

Sadda Haq TV review: The powerful concept appeals, but poor acting disappoints!

Sadda Haq

Equality of men and women has been an ongoing battle since the start of time - but we still haven't achieved it...

Channel V's new youth show Sadda Haq makes a very powerful statement: Haq cheenne se milta hai, maangne se sirf bheek milti hai (you get your rights by snatching them; by asking, you get only handouts).

The story of Sadda Haq revolves around a young aspiring girl - Sanyukta Agarwal - who, in a world dominated by men, wants to be a mechanical engineer. Her family tells her outright that the only dream she can have is to be a bride, wife and mother one day. Anything beyond that will be to enter a male domain.

Her love for machines and the need to find out how they work drives her to break rules and do what her heart desires. In spite of being controlled by men - her father and brother - Sanyukta manages to get admitted to a prestigious engineering college based purely on merit. But instead of being proud of their daughter, the males in her family penalises her. Her mother finally agrees to send Sanyukta to college so she can be free and decide her own future.

On the first day in college Sanyukta has a bad encounter with the seniors in the girls' hostel; things get even tougher when she meets boys from her class. The students of mechanical engineering - mainly boys - are convinced that mechanical engineering is no place for a woman. The course is made for men, so any woman joining in is ragged until she opts for something else.

The crux of the story is powerful and has the potential to become something really interesting. Every character introduced so far has a clear stand - for men or for women - with no confusion, which will really help the plot progress.

Harshita Gaur playing Sanyukta Agarwal doesn't impress too much. While her dialogue delivery is fine, that fiery passion is missing. In scenes where she is supposed to be frustrated, angry or upset, her expressions convey nothing. We hope time makes her a better actor, coz it's a big responsibility to carry a show on your shoulders. Param Singh (Randhir Shekhawat), who is hardworking, loyal and dedicated, is showcased as a male chauvinistic pig, but when he unknowingly shows off his soft side, it works nicely. Param seems like a good fit in the list of characters who will add value to the serial. The supporting characters do a decent job too.

The story has managed to hook us, and we understand the protagonist's dilemma. We really hope the makers manage to keep the audience engaged and enraged with the topic - one misstep and it will be difficult to get viewers and the story back on the right track.

All in all, the show is worth a watch, and if it doesn't suit your palate, there are always the saas bahu shows.

Rating:3 out of 53 Star Rating

Reviewed by Letty Mariam Abraham

Link: http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/sadda-haq-tv-review-the-powerful-concept-appeals-but-poor-acting-disappoints/

Edited by Anam. - 10 years ago
Tfs ...
Overall its a great show ...
Not a saas bahu saga ...
Lov it 😃
well I wud beg to differ , I kinda feel that d lead lady being her debut show is really doing a gr8 job her expressions are really good n she can emmote well too , than some of the already exisitn channel v female leads , I feel sanyukta's acting skills to b much better n der is always a room for improvement , m sure in coming weeks she wud be a flawless actress !
oh n in this pic randhir is looking extremely handsome n hawwt
Actually channel v serials are many more differ from other serials...thts y alwys watch channel v and I'm quite sure tht the actress playing sanyuktha's character will improve her skills soon..and randhir is good...luv this Show
Originally posted by prithuvi

Actually channel v serials are many more differ from other serials...thts y alwys watch channel v and I'm quite sure tht the actress playing sanyuktha's character will improve her skills soon..and randhir is good...luv this Show

Yup ..she will improve her acting skills for sure
well lets just say, considering its their first acting experience [ probably as leads ] let us give them a chance ?
anyways i like "harshita" as well as her acting. but sanyukta is a strong character, i am sure harshita will put her best, which she is doing it already!

3 out of 5, not bad! i am sure the serial will soon pick up its pace. 

and randheer/param  ke baare mein i dont have anything to say, coz if i start i wont stop. crazy hoon yaar uske liye :P
Originally posted by ash_jodhaakbar

oh n in this pic randhir is looking extremely handsome n hawwt

i know right 

pinch me anyone before i go to my ooollaalala land ðŸ˜†
I am the way the show is shaping up.
Show is different and it has potential for sure... yes Sayukta's character is a lil low right now but she will pick up... 😊 all the characters r well placed it will be a good remembered show...!