Do you like the HOLIDAYS or to DEPRESSING this time of YEAR?!!

Posted: 10 years ago
The holidays can be fun or depressing, depends on how you look at it.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  It seems Christmas has lost the true meaning.  We just care about presents and what IPAD we will get, or latest technology.  Please share your thoughts.  Do you like the HOLIDAYS or to DEPRESSING this time of YEAR?!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I love the holidays. It isn't about gifts and shopping for me. It is about holiday cheer and the spirit of Christmas. Of celebration and time with family. Of taking a break from the routines and enjoying time. Of egg nog and hot cider. Of hot cocoa and movies. Of Christmas trees and lights. We don't get to celebrate Diwali here in USA like we did back home - so I make sure to bring Christmas as close as possible. Can't imagine why anyone would find the holidays depressing. Despite hating winter, the cold and the short dark days - holidays cheer me up.

I love holidays...for sleeping, shopping and specially these December ones are always special...
Lots of sales and special offers on electronic gadgets๐Ÿ˜†,  my birthday๐Ÿ˜ƒ, christmas decorations all over the city...beautiful lightening, eating christmas special cookies and special drinks.
Visiting my nephews and playing in snow with them!!!!

The only thing I don't like is a lot of snowfall!! I do like snow but like today, it snowed so much that it was super-hard to actually reach my university from its parkade itself!! 

But on the whole...I wait for December the whole year๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by be-happy-always - 10 years ago
I can understand when people say holidays are a time which anyone looks forward to. This happens when we have the get-together of cousins and relations and friends and when there is a lot of love exchanged between each other and when everyone gets a lot of fun in the get together. When people get to play a lot being in present, they get energized a lot. Definitely those who get this type of holidays are really fortunate.
But then there is the other side also. There are some persons who could not get healthy get-together of cousins because their parents don't have healthy relationship with siblings. They don't get much of fun in life and they drown their pain into the work they are doing. No doubt they excel in the work they do. But they find the holidays depressing. 

Interestingly I have seen both the sides in the life. 
I LOVE the holiday season! Secret santas at work, putting up the Christmas Tree, building snowmen and snow angels, the festive lights that light up the high streets, hot chocolate, mince pies, Christmas songs/hymns and the general festive season cheer on everyone's faces. :) What's not to love?
Depends how materialistic you are really. The thought of getting the latest gadget doesn't excite me as much as the thought of sitting with the whole family and having a good time, waiting for the Queen's speech to come on TV and eating loads of Christmas pudding! 
Holidays bore me. There is nothing great about sitting at home and making yourself part of the family gossip. I'd anyways keep in touch with them on phone throughout the day or during the family meal time which would suffice.
If it isn't work, then I would make plan a day out with friends or least, alone. Maybe indulge in playing football, work outs, movies, meeting friends for lunch etc. I don't really celebrate desi festivals on my own, except being a part of holi, ganesh chaturti festivals here and there if i'm forced to be.

Otherwise, holidays suck!

Holidays and depressing ๐Ÿ˜ฒ How? ๐Ÿ˜•

Originally posted by LoveProfusion

The holidays can be fun or depressing, depends on how you look at it. ๐Ÿ˜Š It seems Christmas has lost the true meaning. We just care about presents and what IPAD we will get, or latest technology. Please share your thoughts. Do you like the HOLIDAYS or to DEPRESSING this time of YEAR?!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Holidays are days of no work. You are free to do whatever you want whenever you want. How can it be associated with depression until you don't have anyone to hang out with. In that case life will be depressing 24/7. Holidays cannot be blamed, one has to work on being social.
And gifts are awesome. They are what make the spirit of holidays. Why would I not love getting an I pad,I am not able to relate to this at all. Only kids under 2 relate Christmas with Santa, singing carols and decorations. After that, all festivals are about gifts. My precious...
^^ Holidays are about gifts ๐Ÿ˜• What next!
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Holidays are about gifts ๐Ÿ˜• What next!

Don't know whats next but I am sure you can enlighten me...