find me odd but I agree with sam

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey ppl
I donno why but what ever sam says makes lots of sense to me alone. Like when he asks his father to go alone to clinic or so. I mean I find it more practical n true a bit emotion less but thats life is all about if u come from individualistic families...

J
Edited by breezy - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: breezy

Hey ppl

I donno why but what ever sam says makes lots of sense to me alone. Like when he asks his father to go alone to clinic or so. I mean I find it more practical n true a bit emotion less but thats life is all about if u come from individualistic families...

J

I agree to some extent but what you say and how you say it is part of the problem here.  He doesn't seem to know how to talk with respect.  He could have said what he wanted a lot more politely and I'm sure he would not have gotten the same reaction from his family.   So far he has been shown to be rude individual and for some reason he thinks he has the right to be like that because he's a successful business man?  What happened to be a being a caring, respectful and responsible individual too?   Respect should be a too way street...  Although I agree that his dad could go by himself with the driver, I also understand his desire for a family member to be with him when he is not well.  At the same time though he should realize that his kids cannot drop whatever they are doing to accompany him wherever or whenever he needs it...

P.S.  I haven't watched today's epi so hope all of the above still applies, lol!
sunshine15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I also agree with Sam.  He is very practical.  He is rude, but I am sure there will be some past involved which changed his nature, as per Ishan's remark in previous episodes that Samrat wan't like that before.  
Regarding incidence with Trisha, I agree with his comment that one should wear appropriate clothes so they won't provoke anybody.  In this time when lot of inappropriate things are happening around us, this message is very appropriate for girls.  

People like Sam are  tough from outside but generally very soft hearted.  I am sure, once Urmi comes in, he will change from tough to soft.  I am loving his grey character,  
skar1984 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi All,

@topic maker - I completely concur with your point that Samrat is very practical - his Dad should be able to go to the doctor with the driver, HOWEVER Samrat is far from a nice person. He's arrogant and rude - two terrible characteristics to have. I get that he is successful in his career - he worked very hard to get where he is, those are all valid,but that does not give a person the right to disrespect others. Its not the content of what he said that was inappropriate - it was his delivery. He could have said the exact same thing politely, with caring and consideration. 

I think Samrat's character or people like Samrat should not be getting involved in marriage - he's far too self absorbed, egoistic and just plain inconsiderate to be able to be a husband. So far he finds women to be subserviant, irrelevant and basically an object. His comment to his friend "she's perfect to be a housewife" - what does that even mean?! He's getting married to bring another member into the family to essentially cook, clean and look after his family - but what about her?! She's a person - his wife - that relationship deserves respect, time and nurturing - he seems to be missing the point. He's getting married for the sake of getting married - kinda like how kids are sent to school - its expected of you and a requirement of growing up - likewise he's getting married to check it off of his to-do list for life it seems.

I'm curious to see where they take this show - are they going to follow Urmi's journey from when she realizes she's married a chauvinist, with no compassion and how she deals with that - does she just accept it or fight back to get the compassion and respect she deserves as a wife. Does her kind nature melt his extremely hard exterior and make him more of a compassionate human being or is he that inflexible that he eventually drives her away? Driving her away might not be such a bad thing - it should force her to take off her rose tinted glasses she the world for what it is and make a place for herself - be more independent. 

Lets see how this show goes - there is potential but so far I'm not terribly captivated by the performance and story line.

The actor portraying Samrat's friend Ishaan seems to have learnt his acting skills where Qubool Hai's Ayaan did - I find a similarity in mannerisms and dialogue delivery - not sure if this is accidental or on purpose. 

Share your thoughts guys!
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunshine15

I also agree with Sam.  He is very practical. (yes he is)  He is rude (still don't think it's warranted - the way he speaks to everyone in his family is just not right - he's the youngest and there's a way to go about making your point without being rude about it) , but I am sure there will be some past involved which changed his nature,(agreed, plus I don't think Ishaan would have befriended him if that was his nature to start with) as per Ishan's remark in previous episodes that Samrat wan't like that before.  

Regarding incidence with Trisha, I agree with his comment that one should wear appropriate clothes so they won't provoke anybody.  In this time when lot of inappropriate things are happening around us, this message is very appropriate for girls. (also agree with this.  I am of the same mind frame and somewhat old school in some of my thinking, but at the same time other than her pants being a little tight her clothing was not over the top (ie she wasn't showing a lot of skin, wearing super short skirt or low top etc (that I can recall) so he didn't need to be as rude here either, with the way she was dressed guys may tend to look but it gives no one the right to disrepect, it would have been best had he just minded his own business rather than shouting off his mouth too.   In some ways he was no better than those guys that were bothering her)

People like Sam are  tough from outside but generally very soft hearted.  I am sure, once Urmi comes in, he will change from tough to soft.  I am loving his grey character,  (hope that is the case...I'm going to enjoy watching the transformation)

reply in blue - just my 2 cents (for the time being of course - I'm sure as the show progresses I'll be changing my tune somewhat😆😉)
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Maybe he was right but his manner is rude... IMO 
blahblahs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice discussion! 
I also agree with Samrat in many respects. Somehow, I can even identify with him in the sense that he has worked very hard to make his career what it is. But again, as many people have already suggested, there's a nicer way to say things, especially to your parents. I don't care if a person is having a bad day (which Sam was) and then shouts at all the other people around him, but don't do it to your family! Truth being told, ultimately, those "other" people will curse at the shouting person and forget about him, but the family members will think about the issue and be hurt. 

Moreover, I don't think that Sam is rude. I think that's just his personality. I think the best adjective to describe him is "bitter" or "cynical." Somewhere deep inside, he's upset that his brother never took any responsibilities and that he was involuntarily burdened with the responsibility of the family. In managing all these things, he had to compromise his youth and enjoyment. Therefore, he is angry. 

As Ishan suggests, once he realizes that this "fun" in life can be regained by the presence of a significant other, he will change. 
kavmuks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Elders want to go with someone to doctor so that if they do not follow some details or instructions ... the younger one will... It is expected from younger one son or daughter or whoever that they will discuss with doctor and ask more questions about how to tai care etc.  Schedule of medicines etx.. at time elders may not have that kid of attention to follow everything that doctors say .. that is part 1 .. but off course many old people whip live alone . they do it on their own.. so blaming that they don't want to do is horrible.. 

TitansFan thumbnail
Originally posted by: Parm.

I agree to some extent but what you say and how you say it is part of the problem here.  He doesn't seem to know how to talk with respect.  He could have said what he wanted a lot more politely and I'm sure he would not have gotten the same reaction from his family.   So far he has been shown to be rude individual and for some reason he thinks he has the right to be like that because he's a successful business man?  What happened to be a being a caring, respectful and responsible individual too?   Respect should be a too way street...  Although I agree that his dad could go by himself with the driver, I also understand his desire for a family member to be with him when he is not well.  At the same time though he should realize that his kids cannot drop whatever they are doing to accompany him wherever or whenever he needs it...

P.S.  I haven't watched today's epi so hope all of the above still applies, lol!

Ditto with u , there is a dilama of being independent and but yet having a family person close when u wanna go visit doc... thats why it took me a long time to make post, but then again , yday i thught hell with it, i do find me more practical so lets be it 

TitansFan thumbnail
Originally posted by: blahblahs

Nice discussion! 

I also agree with Samrat in many respects. Somehow, I can even identify with him in the sense that he has worked very hard to make his career what it is. But again, as many people have already suggested, there's a nicer way to say things, especially to your parents. I don't care if a person is having a bad day (which Sam was) and then shouts at all the other people around him, but don't do it to your family! Truth being told, ultimately, those "other" people will curse at the shouting person and forget about him, but the family members will think about the issue and be hurt. 

Moreover, I don't think that Sam is rude. I think that's just his personality. I think the best adjective to describe him is "bitter" or "cynical." Somewhere deep inside, he's upset that his brother never took any responsibilities and that he was involuntarily burdened with the responsibility of the family. In managing all these things, he had to compromise his youth and enjoyment. Therefore, he is angry. 

As Ishan suggests, once he realizes that this "fun" in life can be regained by the presence of a significant other, he will change. 

Exactly, he under went a huge personality change and its not a over night thing, no one changes so much and in such a manner, u face bitter things in life which makes u become a bitter person . as simple as that ... 

if he is a bad one, i feel he will never be so nice and open to his only friend ishaan, he is pissed off and upset with family, thats how i see it, some where his family is responsible for him being what he is now