Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
in a country where millions starve, where there aren't enough houses, enough amenities, proper education, enough urbanisation , THIS is what the youth of india are bothered about? LOL
^^Actually, this is a Human Rights issue, as important as any other. Saying that there are bigger issues than this is like saying that we should not arrest a murderer of one person since there are mass murderers on the planet.
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Saying that there are bigger issues than this is like saying that we should not arrest a murderer of one person since there are mass murderers on the planet.

No, it is not like saying that at all.

He has presented an assortment of issues (roti, kapda, makaan, affgordable education etc) and is ridiculing this particular issue concerning IPC section 377 because, in his mind, the ones he has identified have a higher priority and need to be addressed first before anybody can jump to this.

In your analogy, you have identified one issue (murder) and multiplied it by the same problem factor, thus making it about the same issue (which is killing).

I disapprove his mockery. For the record, I think that section 377 is horribly flawed from a semantic perspective to the point of being farcial and completely illogical.

But you have to address his points in a reasonable way and convince him (and others who think along those lines) that the issue you are standing up for ranks up there, really high, along with the ones plaguing the country. People will elect only those individuals and those parties who they think will solve their biggest of the big problems. Everyone knows that not all of the problems are solvable so they will prioritize and go at it in an order. For instance, if corruption is high on their list, they will vote for those who are anti-graft. If economy is high on their list, they will vote for those who can show growth. Question is, can you convince those to make this a high priority issue as well?

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
well even though I shouted jai shree ram on this topic, I have no objections to decriminalisation.

but as far as priority is concerned, I feel that the percentage of people who suffer as a result of the problems i mentioned are far more in quantity that the gay issue.

secondly, there are no debate on whether or not the problems i mentioned should be dealt with or not. but as far as 377 is concerned, a large number of people who are for criminalisation exist.

so due to clarity and quantity, I feel my issues rank higher than the gay issue, and I can't be convinced otherwise even though I support gay rights.
@K: I was not speaking from the POV of a voter. My comment was on the issue itself. People will never make LGBT rights a voting issue in India or elsewhere, that's a no-brainer. I was contesting Ass's argument that bigger issues warrant overlooking of comparatively insignificant ones that affect minorities.Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I'm not against gay marriage n other things...its personal choice..., BUT I'm against gays jamming their beliefs down everyone's throat...😕

Originally posted by: Vinzy

I'm not against gay marriage n other things...its personal choice..., BUT I'm against gays jamming their beliefs down everyone's throat...😕

Being gay has its benefits. Chances of getting asylum in the US get brighter ðŸ˜†
 The recent Supreme court  ruling in India that re criminalised homosexuality bolstered a couple's case before an immigration judge as they feared persecution and imprisonment if they were sent home. Any takers? 😛
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
For those who haven't heard: New Zealand just passed both laws - gay marriage and legalized marijuana. The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man lies with another man they should be stoned." We just hadn't interpreted it correctly before!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: _Angie_

For those who haven't heard: New Zealand just passed both laws - gay marriage and legalized marijuana. The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man lies with another man they should be stoned." We just hadn't interpreted it correctly before!

Oh my! What if the powers that be have been misinterpreted stoning for all these centuries. All of a sudden Abrahamic religions seem a lot more happier than Rastafarians.

ScorpionGunner thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

So many LGBT individuals are breathing in Delhi these days ... can't believe it ... many girls have no clue about their BF's orientation 😆... at night so many cross-dressers roam around the city ... unbelievable ðŸ˜²