Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

girlwhowaited thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: mr.ass

in a country where millions starve, where there aren't enough houses, enough amenities, proper education, enough urbanisation , THIS is what the youth of india are bothered about? LOL

You can say the same about the government as well... in the country where people are suffering from so much famine, poverty, illitracy, etc the government is more concerned about gay sex? Two adults in a consensual relationship? Really? 

Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Being an Indian youth, i am thoroughly ashamed really. The country keeps digressing in pathetic ways. People in power need to pay more focus on the state of the society, the poverty, crime against women and their are so many issues ... 
Let people love and be with whoever they want to, criminalizing homosexuality is going against the human rights. But what can you expect from narrow minded bigots? If they can justify rape and abuse against women then they can criminalize the orientation of the whole LGBT community too.
Insecure homophobic b*@$@#$s. 
And in the places where homosexuality is accepted, people feel that same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt since the children will be bullied and bashed for having two moms/ dads.
I say F@#k you. Teach your children not to be bullying bigoted dogmatic instead.

Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Does he offer cure for misogyny and rapists too?😆
Forceful physical intimacy is bad addiction and perhaps he will provide cure for it too ...
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am totally against Gay Marriage

The Real Indian Culture must not be destroyed

Marriage is just not for physical level.It is made by 2 opposite sex.

Life is made by Men-Women both

Well About Sex...I am silent because many things are hapaned behind cameras

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Proud-India

I am totally against Gay Marriage

The Real Indian Culture must not be destroyed

Marriage is just not for physical level.It is made by 2 opposite sex.

Life is made by Men-Women both

Well About Sex...I am silent because many things are hapaned behind cameras

When you say "Real Indian Culture" what exactly are you referring to?

Is it Historical Indian culture as recorded in our ancient texts and ancient monuments? Because barring Manusmriti, there isn't anything against homosexuality. There are many instances of homoeroticism, homosexuality and LGBT issues within most texts. For example Ayyapan is the son of Shiva and Vishnu (without any female). Vishnu takes the avatar of Mohini in which he seduces as well as copulates with men. Shikhandi from the Mahabharata was essentially a woman, who later in life "borrowed" male reproductive organs of a yaksha. You may want to read "The man who was a woman" a book of Hindu/ancient Indian queer folklore for more examples. The book is by Devadutta Pattanaik who is the foremost and widely revered authority on Indian myth today. So if you are referring to this culture, then I'd say you are destroying it yourself rather than preserving it.

Or is it Indian culture that was ingrained and institutionalized into us by our oppressors the British Empire and other colonial rulers? Because then yes the anti-homosexuality laws and the anti-LGBT attitude is something the colonialists added to our culture. And if so, you are doing exceptionally well in preserving the Indian culture we inherited from colonialists.

One a side note, I do think the colonial rule brought many positive changes to Indian culture. Abolishing sati, encouraging widow remarriage, abolishing caste system, making education accessible to women, abolishing child marriage - these are some many positive things the Colonial rule did to our culture. On the other hand, abolishing homosexuality, instilling embarrassment of our own skin tone and love for the fair skin, instilling some sense of shame in some aspects of our culture - these are some negative things the Colonial rule did to our culture. We ought to look at culture from a rational and moral perspective before we choose what to preserve and what to destroy.