Posted: 10 years ago

This is a short piece. But it is COMPLETE. Don't be whining about how short it is. All other criticism is welcome. 

I love her, I think. Yet every night I see her off into the arms of another man. And every morning I watch her walk out of our room, pearls of sweat gathered on her skin, smiling at him like he owns the place. It's my house goddamn it!  And she is my woman!

Can I blame her though? Twelve years she stayed by me. Twelve years with hope in her heart, she took every curse, insult, spat I threw her way. But one fateful day, a switch flipped. I destroyed what was close to her. I ruined her life's labour and she turned cold. No, I can't blame her. I won't blame her. But I will get her back.

Barely dressed in black lace underwear and unhooked brassiere, her small steps made my heart flutter. Eyes half closed, she leaned against the fridge door. There was dance in her step and laughter in her ramblings. She was happy. Happy without me.

"Come to bed honey". As soon as that bas***d whispered those words, my patience dwindled. I pushed that rascal out of the house and locked the door behind me.

She was mine and I had to tell her that. "What does he give you that I don't?" I asked kissing the juice still fresh on her lips.

I could see her trying to push me away but I held on. I held on to her wrists like I held on to my life. I stopped her with my kiss before she ended it. We weren't over, not until I said we were.

Pulling away, she spoke softly against my chest, "this house ain't big enough for the both of us. I'll leave so you don't have to".

Wiping away her lonesome tear, I asked, "then why did you stay?"

I put her hands on my waist and lifted her feet off the ground. Legs locked and buckled round my hips, I tucked her in the corner between a wooden cabinet and the microwave. I kissed her senseless and then some.

I turned on my charm on last time before we called it a night. "You didn't answer my question". Before she could respond, my phone rang. Bittuji needed me at the film studios for some urgent reshoot. As I left on abrupt note, I heard her say the very words that defined our relationship...the words that explained everything we go through, and everything we don't convey.

"I stay", she fumbled with her words. "Because you are home".

Edited by DonnaHarvey - 10 years ago
Awesome one !! It's length never mattered 😃.. Cos it speaks about truths...BITTER truths !! 
wen u said its short...i first scrolled down...to c how short...hehe...nd wen i saw d length..i was lk...itna chota os..woh be complete...🤣

bt wen read...really
Short it didnt matter...it was emotional nd all said nd done...
nc jasu
Awesome 
Hats off to you
awesome dear...very beautiful
Originally posted by meiejrishbala

nice os😊
merci
Originally posted by saakhi01

Nice n emotional one...
merci
Hah.. :)
Im not gonna complain about how short it was :D

The first few lines reminded me of Rihanna's Unfaithful for some reason! nice work J.. :)

Nice to see you here :) 🤗

xxx

Amazing one ... 👏
The shortness of the piece didn't matter ... 
It conveyed what it was meant to ... 

And the last line spoke so much ... Very emotional !

Great work !
Originally posted by Syed695

Awesome OS!
thank you