FF: The Circle of Life : Part 14 Pg 39 - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Nice update..๐Ÿ˜Š
Different concept ๐Ÿ‘ โญ๏ธ
Continue soon.. ๐Ÿ˜Š
a completely new plot reading the first part only interests the readers at first i was apprehensive about priyas role but i know ki neha "THE WRITER" will do justice to each n every character...so plz continue ASAP :)
super good๐Ÿ‘ but does priya really work there๐Ÿ˜ฒ...anyway I know you would do the writing job great so no worries...looking forward for story ahead Ram with camera too good๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...continue soon I could not get the link properly so could not read yesterday...sorry for being so late...
its too intrstng but title confusd me 
Will be done by evening or tomorrow morning Pakka
Part 2

Credit: Neha

Ram stepped back onto the street. The rain had stopped some time back and the sky was clear now. He should remember to carry some protection for the camera..today he very nearly spoiled it..Ram thought about the girl he had met sometime back..He had made a hasty retreat from there..Now that he thought about it he felt a little guilty. The girl had helped him..he could have said a proper bye but he had been too consumed by the reputation of the place.He hailed a taxi as soon as he was outside the lane..Carefully placing the camera on the seat he rattled off instructions to the driver..Ram wanted to close his eyes and sleep..he knew he was required in the editing room today and that would continue the whole night.No sooner had he closed his eyes a voice interrupted him  

Driver: Sir..you shoot? 

Ram looked at him confused but then remembered the camera he had with him..

Ram: Little bit..

Driver got excited with that..

Driver: Films? 

Ram nodded his head..

Driver: You know Sir..i also came to be a hero..ran away from my house ..

Ram looked on astonished at him..He knew many people aspired to be in films and he had heard a lot of stories like these but this was the first time he had heard some one say that..

Ram: Then? 

Driver: What Sir? 2 Mahine mein hi aate dal ka bhav pata chal gaya..Chucked the dreams and started driving the taxi..but i love films..

Ram looked at him a little closely..the guy must not have been more than 24- 25 almost the same age as him..He had given up his dreams but was cheerful..he was not bitter towards life..In the same moment he felt extremely lucky..lucky that he had managed to break through ..got atleast one foot inside the door..

Driver: Sir..the area you came from..you doing a shoot there..

Ram: Well if everything goes well then we will shoot there..some scenes..

Driver: Scenes? You mean actual movie? Who is hero and heroine? 

Ram laughed at his excitement

Ram: You will come to know when the film releases..

Driver: You know Sir..you people make movies on them ...highlight their plight and then all is forgotten..

Ram: What do you mean? 

Driver: Lots of things Sir..you make money from them..their story..for a while everybody sympathizes  with them but then its the same story..No body cares..

For a while Ram was taken aback by this conversation. The driver though uneducated had said such meaningful things..He was so so right..Ram closed his eyes..part ashamed and part to avoid the conversation. His mind raced back to the girl he had left abruptly she had told her name but he could not recall..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priya tiptoed to where Ammaji was sitting. Ammaji was as usual relishing on her favorite brand of Paan..counting the day's money till now..This was her everyday ritual after dinner..chewing the paan and counting money. Ammaji was known to be tight fisted about her money..every penny counted to her..

Priya cleared her throat and just stood there..Ammaji glanced at her once and shrugged her shoulders. She immediately threw out the Pan she was chewing..and spread out her palms..

Priya placed her pills in the outstretched palm and handed her the water as well. She watched as Ammaji gulped the pills and the water in one stretch making a face..Priya smiled at her antics..

Ammaji: I am telling you this is the last time i am taking this medicines..They are no good..

Priya sighed..this was their everyday conversation..Every night Ammaji proclaimed that she would not have the medicine and yet undeterred Priya would reach every night with her medicines. 

Priya: Amma why do you argue every time? You know i won't listen..

Ammaji: Yes..yes how can i forget ...you are the same as your mother..stubborn..

Priya: Amma...i wanted to ask you something..

Ammaji: Pucho..

Priya: That guy with camera..what was that all about? 

Ammaji: Woh...those are film people..they want to shoot here..

Priya: Film? 

Ammaji: Haan

Priya: Is he the hero?

Ammaji laughed out aloud..

Ammaji: That guy?? Does he look like a hero? He is something..i forgot what he is..Did you meet him? 

Priya shot her gaze down..Ammaji was very protective of her..she never met anyone from outside..

Priya: It started raining and his camera was getting spoiled so i helped him..

Ammaji sighed...she could not help but wonder at Priya's innocence..How many times had she told her not to trust anyone..

Ammaji: Priya..i know you see good in every one but the world is not such especially the one we live in..You know the reality and still you do it? 

Priya: Sorry..

A smile played on Ammaji's face..she could not be angry on Priya ever..

Priya: Amma ...will they shoot here? 

Ammaji: Yes..if they like the location..they will shoot here..

Priya: Can i watch the shoot? 
Priya shot a pleading glance at Ammaji..hoping against hope that she would give her the permission..

Ammaji looked out of the window a sign that she was thinking on it. Her girls were confined to this world..no entertainment..no joy nothing. Just this world..and Priya was her favorite..She had never let Priya go outside and this was the first time the girl had asked something..

She turned back to face Priya..

Ammaji: You can watch it..par dhyan rahe..i don't want it disrupting your work..

Priya literally ran and embraced Ammaji...

Priya: Thank you..thank you so much Amma..and then she ran off to her room..
Ammaji kept on looking at her retreating figure...Priya was like her own child..she felt a little moistness in her eyes..as the image of her still born child flashed before her eyes..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do we have to shoot there? Can't we just re create the set? Jagan alias Jackie asked Rohan for the seventh time that day..

Jagannath was the son of the film's financier and the only reason he was allowed to assist Rohan. Wanting to be a film hero he had re christened himself as Jackie and had paid enormously to get himself interviewed. He had proudly proclaimed that he wanted to learn the ropes of film making and hence wanted to assist on a film before becoming a hero..Unwillingly Rohan had to let him be one of the AD's. Jagan's tantrums were more than the hero himself. He refused to do any AD work declaring him above all ADs and just came in when he pleased..

He was now in the middle of a heated argument with Rohan..

Roahn: I am the director and the film will be shot as and where i please. Keep your expert opinion to your self ...

He turned his attention towards Ram..

Rohan: So you have seen the place and it fits the script? 

Ram: Perfectly..Javed Bhai has spoken to the lady and i don't see any problems. Our shoot can finish smoothly..

Rohan: Great..maybe we both can go down tomorrow and have a look. Once i see it i can then go ahead and start the work..

Ram: I think you can go there..i ll stay back and work on the production..

Rohan: Jagan can handle that..you are coming with me there..

Ram just nodded his head choosing not to argue on this. He sincerely hoped that he would not run into the girl again. The one who had helped him..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ammaji eyed Rohan suspiciously. His unkempt hair and the beard gave him a scary appearance. She turned towards Javed..

Ammaji: He is the director? Are you sure? 

Javed: Arey Ammaji..very sure..he is a very top level director..Makes all dhasu films..The last film Samundar..which won the national award..made by him ji..

Ammaji: Ok..but i hope you have put forward my demands..No disruption to my girls and work and the total amount in advance..

Javed: Done Ammaji..everything done. Sir here just wants to see the place once and we will give you the money..

Ammaji: Arey how many times will you see..yesterday also he saw 

Javed: Ammaji..that is chota sir..this is bada sir..the final decision maker..

Rohan: Ammaji i assure you that my unit will not disturb anything over here..One more request..

Ammaji looked at Rohan 

Rohan: Can we meet all your girls..you know maybe we can incorporate one of them into the movie..that would give it a natural touch..And i would want my heroine to spend some time with them..know them ..the mannerisms..etc..If you don't mind..and we have a small bit of role for you too..

Ammaji thought for a while and looked at Santosh who nodded back. 

Ammaji: Alright..your heroine can be with them but evening to night is a strict no no and only the heroine will be with them..no male staff can be allowed..

Rohan: Thank you Ammaji but you must allow me atleast to be with them..Me and my assistant over here..and my heroine..thats it..

Ammaji looked at Ram, Rohan and Javed narrowing her eyes..She was in a dilemma whether to listen to this request or not. After much deliberation she acceded to this..

Ammaji: How many days will you take? 

Roahn: 15- 20 days..

Ammaji: One day more than 20 and you have to pay me for the entire month..

Rohan opened his mouth to protest but Javed beat him to it..

Javed: Ammaji..don't worry 20 days will be enough..

Rohan: Can we have a look please? 

Ammaji nodded at Santosh who took them inside..

Ram: Rohan ..i ll stay here..you have a look..

Rohan: Ram you have seen the place very well..come and show me..

Ram reluctantly followed..

Since this was day time the place was swarmed with women and surprisingly children too. Many women were busy with their children preparing them for the school or simply feeding them food. The news of a film shoot had spread like wildfire and all eyes looked at the trio as if they were some celebrities themselves..Ram thought about the stark contrast the scenario held in day light..The women seemed to come to life in the morning forgetting about their work..the struggle everything. The place looked so much vibrant now. 

The team entered the place that was a sort of balcony...same place that Ram was last night. Inadvertently his eyes shot up looking at the window from where the girl had called out to him. There was no one there..Ram suddenly remembered her face..delicate and petite with a warm smile..She hardly looked 20 but it was dark when he had seen her. She maybe older..

Javed: Can we meet the ladies? 

Javed threw his question at Santosh..Santosh brought them inside at the corridor. 

The women looked up at them from their chores. Santosh gathered everyone and explained to them the entire conversation that happened between Ammaji and them. All the women were excited but nervous at the same time. Ram looked around at the faces..he wondered what had brought them here..He could not locate the girl who he had met yesterday..Ram's phone rang and he looked at it..Riddhima..he mouthed to Rohan..

Rohan: Speak to her and get her dates.. 

Ram: But she wants to speak to you...

Rohan waved a hand dismissively at Ram..

Rohan: Handle her ..i want to talk to these women.. 

Saying that he walked off..Ram took the call and moved in the balcony again..

Ram: Hello

Ram literally had butterflies in his stomach. Riddhima was the most beautiful actress he had ever seen. His long time crush..He was always tongue tied around her..

Riddhima: Where is Rohan? 

Ram: He is busy on location..he has asked me to speak to you..

Riddhima: I don't speak to AD's either you get him to speak to me or else speak to the secretary..

Riddhima cut the call leaving Ram exasperated. This was all Jagan's fault..he was supposed to get the dates and everything and he had confidently told Rohan that he will manage the actors. And now he had to do the talking.  He turned around to come face to face with Priya..He just stood there looking at her not knowing what to say. Priya sensed his discomfort and moved away to the clothes hanging in there. She switfly removed the clothes and folded them neatly making a perfect alignment.
Ram looked at her and decided to stay back..He  had to apologize to her..

Ram: Excuse me..

Priya turned around to look at him. She shot a nervous glance at the entrance if Santosh or Amma saw her talking to him she would be in big trouble..

Ram: Actually i am sorry for yesterday..i should not have left like that..

Priya stood surprised by what she had just heard..Even if he had not said sorry she would have understood..

Ram: I also forgot your name..it so happened that i am not..i mean i have never been to such a place before..Ram felt bad the moment he uttered those words..Such a place sounded so cheap..He looked at Priya apprehensively ..

Priya smiled at bit..

Priya: You don't need to be sorry..i understand...

Ram: I am sorry if there was any disturbance yesterday because of me..Ammaji has told me not to disturb you girls..He looked away as he said that..

Javed: There you are...so you are the one? 

Ram looked confusedly at Javed Bhai..He was speaking directly with Priya..

Javed: Ammaji told me that you would be the point of contact between us and the women..You are Priya right? 

Priya nodded her head..

Javed : We are all outside when can we discuss with you? 

Priya: I ll just come...

Priya ..Ram thought..lovely name..and  a lovely girl too..

Ram: I am sorry if there was any disturbance yesterday because of me..Ammaji has told me not to disturb you girls..He looked away as he said that..

Priya: No there was no disturbance...now stop being sorry..i am not used to it..People who come here are never sorry..

Ram: You...you seem very young. Ram paused thinking about what to say next. Her gaze stood transfixed on him..

Ram: You are very young to be in this..

Priya gave him a questioning look..

Ram: I mean ..you hardly look 20 and you..here i mean..how did you ...this work..

Priya then understood what he was trying to say..She threw her head back and laughed..

Ram stood still watching her laugh like this. The childlike smile reverberating in that tiny space..

Priya: I don't work here...She said softly..

Ram: You don't work here?? Ram's eyes were as wide as the panaromic angle of the camera..

Ram: You are not a ..he stopped unable to say the word..

Priya glanced at the entrance she could see Amma approaching..she quickly took the pile of clothes and moved towards the entrance...

Ram looked on at her and suddenly an idea formed into his head..His documentary..why could he not base his documentary on the women of this place..Within minutes his mind manufactured the images of his documentary as his eyes gleamed with the new found idea. This film would anyways require him to be here for 15-20 days..he could work on his documentary here and complete it..He looked at the source of his documentary...Priya..he had already given a name to the documentary..Bandini..

To be Continued.. 

Edited by shanaya1204 - 10 years ago
OMG...That was a superb update...I am liking this story a lot...Its different...Loving Ram and Priyas characterization yet again...And also loved how Ammaji is so protective about Priya...Chalo thank u for clearing that Priya do not work their...Waiting for story to unfold...Too good...Update sooon...
wow neha u r  a wonder girl dear super imagination..and grt use of word.. waiting for next
and shanaya .thank u is not enough for u dear 
beautifully written
priya is not one of those woman
ram is good with her continue soon
and thanx for the pm

another superb update from you neha...
Loved entire part...
It is cleared that priya is nt one those women..she is spcl to amnaji..thanks fr d pm..cont soon