FF: The Circle of Life : Part 14 Pg 39 - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by shanaya1204

Neha is not well...will update at the earliest
Shanaya, please tell her to rest...we can wait for the update. Please convey our best wishes to her...I hope that she feels better soon😃
Originally posted by shanaya1204

Neha is not well...will update at the earliest

Get well soon Neha...Shanaya tell her to take proper rest..health comes first..
Will definately wait..
Shanaya,
Just read that Neha is unwell.Pl. ask her to take it easy and take rest. The updates can wait so also we, the readers.

This is a very bold  subject and loved the way Neha started the story and the narration.

Just loved the interaction between Ram and Priya and Ram's hesitation to know whether Priya is also one of the girls.

I saw this FF  after the 2nd chapter  and read both the chapter at one go.

Thank you and take care.
Part 3

Credit: Neha

So you managed to get her dates? Rohan asked Ram as they sat in the balcony still at Amma's place. Rohan wanted a cigarette break and Ram had accompanied him.

Ram shrugged his shoulders..

Ram: I tried but she only wants to speak to you..You know what don't assign these dates schedules to me..its not my cup of tea..Jagan is best suited for this..Give me story to work..props..production anything but not this..

Rohan laughed as he saw Ram literally perspiring..He blew out a ring of smoke..

Rohan: You are in the wrong field my friend..how will you progress to direction if you cannot put up with the actors? You are best suited as Charlie Chaplin...direct and star in our own film..

Ram: I don't know how you do it.. Are all actors like this?

Rohan: The bigger the star you are the bigger your ego..Riddhima is arrogant but she has talent..she would do perfect justice to this role..And the workshops will only enhance her performance..I ll speak with her and get the dates..

Ram: Are you sure about Kaustubh? Does he not have too much of good looks to play a gangster?

Rohan: His good looks is what i am banking on...he is zero in the acting department..atleast he can charm the audience..

Ram: I am amazed you still have him as your lead..

Rohan: Half the film is financed by him..

Ram did not offer an opinion on that..money even gave a creep like Kaustubh lead roles..Kaustubh was a hit with the ladies and the current superstar riding on the success of his latest mindless pot boiler..He had insisted Rohan to take him as the lead..he was bored of doing the same type of movies and wanted to attempt something different. Rohan was his ticket to get a national award..

Ram looked up again..Priya's window was shut..He had not got a chance to speak to her again..What did she mean by she did not work here? What was she doing here? She clearly feared Ammaji ..then if she did not work here how come she was fearful of Ammaji? If this was her room means she lived her..then what was she doing here? He had to speak to her..if there was any chance that his documentary would be made then she was the key..He looked at Rohan engrossed deep in his thoughts..he had still not told Rohan about his project..He was in two minds whether to tell or not..

Arey..sir..you are here and i am searching for you all over...Ammaji has not invited us to stay as her guests..if we loiter here without any reason..forget your film..

Rohan: Javed Bhai..you think too much..As far as i know money is what maters to Ammaji..and we have already paid her..

Javed: Sir ji you make movies about people but you don't understand people..Money is important but more than that she is known for her reputation..She is very protective about her girls..there are instances where her clients have been slapped by her when they were trying to be oversmart..Why do you want to risk it?

Rohan stubbed out his cigarette..Javed might be uneducated but his judgement was spot on..He never faltered on that..

Rohan: Lets go..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram shifted uneasily on the chair...He was under the watchful gaze of Ammaji and Santosh..Rohan had asked him to create a character sketch of Ammaji and for that he was required to speak to her..He gulped one more time..

Ram: Can you tell me your story?

Ammaji narrowed her eyes at Ram..

Ammaji: Story? You think this is a fairlytale story? Kahani? She yelled at Ram..

Ram gritted his teeth..he could not handle this woman..he looked helplessly at Santosh but he had his eyebrows arched together..giving him the message that he was messing up big time..Ram looked around desperately hoping someone would come..Javed Bhai..Rohan ..any one would do...

Amma...your medicine...

Priya had again come with Amma's medicine..Amma looked at her sternly but soon the expression changed to compassion..As she gulped down the medicines..Ram looked at Priya hoping to catch her attention..Priya gave him a fleeting glance but stopped as his eyes conveyed desperation..

She looked at Amma...

Priya: Amma..practicing for your role are you? 

Amma: Role? Arey this boy here i don't know what he wants.Telling me to tell the story..are we telling stories here?

Priya: Amma ..why are you getting angry? If they are taking you in the movie then they have to know about you...Movies today have a lot of research..How will they have your character if they don't know anything about you?

That seemed to calm Amma a bit..She sat down facing Ram..

Amma: Toh you sidhe sidhe cannot say that...Jhadi ke peeche jata hai...

Ram looked wide eyed at her..and then looked at Priya..

Priya: Beating around the bush...

Ram: Ohh..Ammaji..i am sorry if you misunderstood..Can we get to your story?

Santosh: Ammaji...the customers will start coming soon..we have to be downstairs..

Amma: Priya..sit here and tell him whatever he wants to know...and you...if you trouble her one bit i ll have you work here...I have all type of people coming in

Santosh stifled a laugh as Ram looked horrified at her while Priya looked away embarrassed..

Ammaji took Priya to a side..

Amma: Priya..reply only what he asks..and don't be friendly with him..

Priya nodded her head..

Ram relaxed a little as Ammaji and Santosh made their way downstairs..

Priya: Can we go up to my room or in the balcony? This corridor will now...i mean there will be people coming in..

Ram: Sure..the thought of her room intimidated Ram...The balcony please..

Priya nodded and walked towards the balcony..

There was nothing to sit down in the balcony..Ram looked around but Priya propped herself on the parapet..He looked at her looking out at the fields beyond ...

Priya: I like it here..this view opens up to the field unlike the other rooms..they open out to the street..

Priya smiled as a gentle breeze waved..

Ram came to where she was sitting but maintained a distance..Ram looked out too..the view was indeed good..

Ram: This view is so contrasting...one part of the house faces the street where everything is brought...and this part of the house..is so free..living on its own terms..

Priya: Its my favorite part of the house..in fact its the favorite for everyone here..

Ram: If you don't mind can i ask you one question?

Priya: I know what you want to ask..but complete Amma's part first..

Ram nodded..

Ram: I just need to know how she got into this?

Priya: Amma is basically from a very small village in

Ram interrupted her..You mind if i roll the camera..makes it easier to make notes later...

Priya nodded her head..Ram set the camera and asked Priya to start..

Priya: Amma is basically from a small village in Karnataka..one of the nine sisters..Her parents sold her when she was 7 years old..Initially she used to work as a domestic help..but as she grew older..she was ...she was forced into this..

Priya looked at the fields again...

Ram paused giving Priya the time she needed..

Priya: She was brought to Mumbai and since then has been working here..She was one of the girls first but after Gulab died she took over..

Ram: Gulab?

Priya: The one who forced her into this..

Ram suddenly felt sympathy for Ammaji..she was an innocent child who had been dragged into this for no fault of hers..

Ram: She never tried to get out of this muck?

Priya laughed at that..

Priya: Either you watch a lot of movies or are living in a different world altogether...Once you are sucked into this..there is no escape..

Ram: Sure there is ..you have people helping such women..

Priya: Helping in what way? You will take them out from here ..counsel them and then what? Marriage? Nobody marries them Ram..no one..people in your world don't even want to look at women like them..And even if they look its a lustful look ...easy prey..

Ram: I don't think this way..i am sure that every one has a right to live a dignified life

Priya: Will you marry any one of them?

Ram looked at Priya stunned..the question was asked point blank..and it left him at a loss of words..Priya kept looking at Ram for an answer...

Priya: Its ok..i know the answer to that one..lets move on..

Ram slid the back of his hand over his mouth..His throat seemed dry suddenly..

Ram: If Ammaji herself was forced into this why doesn't she stop it..have a closure..

Priya: Whatever might be the nature of work Ram, this place provides us our basic necessities. Close it down and do what? Many of them have children..illegitimate children..who don't even know who their father is...In a way this is a secured place..atleast it helps them put food on the table..And Ammaji has never forced any girl into this..those who want to leave are free to go...but as i said this is a black hole..one way entry..

Ram: What do the children do? I mean why bring them into this world?

Priya: Do you not work hard on movies?

Ram: Yes we do

Priya: Do you abandon your stories just because you don't get a producer or do you dislike them if they turn out to be bad?

Ram: No..all stories are written with a lot of passion..its emotional

Priya: Likewise..its emotional..when you have the feeling of a child inside you...it becomes your life..you just cannot abandon it..Ammaji makes sure that all kids go to school..receive proper education..

Ram: Ammaji is quite unlike what i thought..

Priya: She is a coconut...hard outside but soft inside ...She is just very protective of us..does not want us to get hurt..

Ram: And you? How come you are here? You said you don't work here...

Priya let out a sigh...she pointed to a group of kids playing out there..unaware of the hardship their mothers went through to raise them..

Priya: I am one of them...my mother was a prostitute ...She and Amma were good friends..

Ram: Your mother ..i mean

Priya: She is no more..she died while giving me birth..Since then Amma has raised me as her own child..

Ram: I am sorry...don't mind but it seems a little odd that you stay here and are still...

Ram left the sentence hanging mid air..he hoped Priya would understand what he meant..

Priya: Every girl at the brothel is not a prostitute..As i said before i owe my life to Amma..She had saved Gulab's life once and when asked for a reward Amma ji took a promise that none of the girl children ever born here would be forced into this...It was customary that all the girl child were dragged into this..Gulab only saw one career for them..More the girl children more her prospects..

Ram looked at her disgusted at himself..Disgusted that he belonged to such a society..a society that was hypocrite to the core including him...Any woman here was considered a prostitute..every one just had one mindset..one type of eyesight for them. He himself had assumed Priya to be one of them. And how wrong had he been about Ammaji..He looked at Priya..her vision was fixed on those kids playing...He felt a sickening feeling grip him ..Desperate to change the topic he came a little close to Priya..

Ram: What do you wish to become?

Priya laughed...

Priya: I have not got that far...

Ram: But you must have one dream..something that you are passionate about?

Priya: What are you passionate about?

Ram: Me...i am passionate about movies..stories...I want to direct films..see the stories ..the characters get alive..Ram's eyes sparkled as he spoke of that..New York...there is a film academy in new york...that is my ultimate dream to enroll there..

Priya extended her hand...: All the best for that...

Ram shook her hand: Thanks...Friends?

Priya smiled at him...Friends...They took their hands back...

Priya looked at the train tracks...she had lost track of time speaking to Ram..Amma must have her medicines now..

Priya: I have to go..its time for Amma's medicine

Ram: How do you know the time..

Priya: That train..it always passes through at this time..8 30...

Ram: What if it is late?

Priya: Doesn't matter..even if late it reached its destined place..same way..however late it may be i never sleep before Amma takes her medicine..

Ram stood behind the camera to switch it off..

Priya: Ram..

He looked at her from behind the camera...

Priya: I am passionate about Freedom...if only for a day...away from this world..to see how the other world is...

Saying that Priya walked off..

Ram thought about what Priya had said...how one word had different meaning for different people..For him Freedom was always there..something that was rightfully his..and for Priya..it was a struggle...a dream..He switched off the camera and looked at the fields once more..Priya's words echoed in his ears..Freedom...his birthright...her struggle..

To Be Continued

Wonderful, superb. 👏👏👏
thank you for the pm 
apart from reading and cherishing as a story 
your story surely has some message 
and i really admire that a lot 
marvelous 
Beautifully written Neha! There is nothing predictable about your stories. I am sure that most of the readers here can't get enough of your work...Brilliantly presented! Hopefully, Ram will make efforts to show Priya the outside world even if it's for a day ( she deserves it) I like that you always show Priya as a level headed and intelligent woman👏 please update soon. Thanks Shanaya⭐️
Excellent is only wat i can say 👏 
"Freedom his birthright and her struggle" loved this line.. 
looking forward for next updates..
By ur writting i feel those women's pain..thier emotion..i can see the characters..true story..true feellings and raya beautifully perfect for thz..bt it is possible only 4 ur speechless writting
 The irony of our society is that we believe in what is shown to us but not as what it actually is. Those people in the prostitution are forced in to it and is not a choice for them.
It is a struggle for existence for them where as we hanker for more even when we have all the comforts of life and a secure  family which is a mirage for them.