General Complaints/Inquiries/Requests Thread - Page 66

Posted: 9 years ago
I sent a PM to the MOD of a forum where I found some plagiarized stories and they have opened the PM but not taken any action yet... the member reported has already had a few stories locked because they were plagiarized... so where should I report the plagiarized stories I have seen now?
Originally posted by Pinky.Raizada

I have complained to about this days ago, still i didn't get any response back. If i posted in wrong thread, you can tell me that so that i will post it in right thread. Again my posts have been overlapping when i post updates to my stories. If it continues like this it will be very discouraging for writers like us. 

Please, I really want you to look into this software glitch. 

Thank you 
Pinky.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4288096&PID=118567143&#p118567143

This other post that is covered by another post. 

This is a technical issue. Try editing the posts but there's nothing the DT in particular can do.
Originally posted by ..tanu..

I sent a PM to the MOD of a forum where I found some plagiarized stories and they have opened the PM but not taken any action yet... the member reported has already had a few stories locked because they were plagiarized... so where should I report the plagiarized stories I have seen now?

Please wait at least 48-72 hours. If you know for a fact that the DT of that forum is inactive, then go ahead and PM either the Channel Moderator and if there is no CM, then a Global Moderator.
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

This is a technical issue. Try editing the posts but there's nothing the DT in particular can do.

You can't edit the posts because the edit button is covered by the other posts. I know you can't do anything regarding a technical glitch, but you can complain to the website tech team. 
^You can open a thread at the Suggestions & Comments Forum or contact vijay directly by PMing him since that's the most even the DT can do. :) 

^You can open a thread at the Suggestions & Comments Forum or contact vijay directly by PMing him since that's the most even the DT can do. :) 

Thank you angel, I will do that. ðŸ˜Š
Can it be possible to shift any ff...
if yes then how will I shift it to IF from another froum.
^if you want to move a thread to this forum, contact the DT of the forum it is in currently. If you want to move a thread from here to another forum, link me and I'll move it to the forum you want it moved in.
Originally posted by Fritter

Just The Way You Are
You Are The One

Two sisters brought up by grandmother
Two sisters brought up by grandmother
Sisters estranged because the younger one sleeps with older one's boyfriend, gets pregnant and gets married to him.
Sisters estranged because the younger one sleeps with older one's boyfriend, gets pregnant and gets married to him.
The book begins with husband and wife seperated
The book begins with husband and wife seperated
Grandmother hospitalized and hence the estranged older sister comes back
Grandmother hospitalized and hence the estranged older sister comes back
The guy is to choose between the sisters
The guy is to choose between the sisters
The sisters were brought up by grandmother because parents were killed in an accident
The sisters were brought up by grandmother because parents were killed in an accident
Blurb from Good Reads)

A baby brought them together -- and even though Alli has always loved her strong, sexy husband Sam and the life they've made together, she's now decided to set him free to follow his youthful dreams. For although she worships Sam, it's no longer enough for her to be wife and lover when she knows she holds so little of his heart.

Sam has always dreamed of a life away from the close-knit world of Tucker's Landing, but marriage and fatherhood ended all that. Now Sam is torn between what was and what was meant to be. He must decide if it's time to rekindle the dreams of the past...or accept Alli, and her love, just the way she is. (less)
 B
Replace Alli with Khushi, Sam with Arnav and Sapna with Tessa...you have
You Are The One...

What other proof do you mods need? Its your duty to read the book if necessary...but you cannot not take action on a writer who had plagiarized just because you have no time to read the original/

Thank you for this. I really appreciate it.

^Thank you. I can now take action and I have evidence to refute any claims the topic maker may have. However, I took offense to this -> Its your duty to read the book if necessary...

I am very much aware of my duties as the moderator of the Fan Fictions forum having been moderating it for almost over two years now. But reading an entire book for every single plagiarism complaint is not my duty. I can simplify the situation for you and myself. When you bring forth a case to a judge, you do not expect the lawyer to search for the evidence for you. The evidence is provided, the lawyer merely follows through with the proceedings and puts forth the arguments. The lawyer would be me in this case. ;)

As a side note, we do try to find out the basis of a complaint on our own but it's unfair to expect us to find the book, buy it, and read it. To put it in perspective, there's countless fan fictions posted on this forum per day.

In short, whether you agree with this or not, if a member comes forth with a plagiarism complaint, please back up your complaint. We will not take action if you refuse to provide evidence and expect us to search for evidence for YOUR claim.

Like you mentioned, theres more than enough evidence provided now. I haven't seen any action from the DT's side though. I apologise if this sounds rude, however, its been quite a while since the post was reported. The sole reason I'm stressing on this is because the fanfic continues to standas the fake-author's original work(even though there have been few people who have pointed the plagiarism on the fanfic thread) and readers on the forIum are still reading it and appreciating a plagiarised piece of work.