Posted: 10 years ago

Feel free to discuss movies you've recently seen.

Link to the previous thread,

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3481670

Shabdo (Bengali)- The film revolves around the life of a foley artist and shows how foley artists are an integral part of cinema but are royally ignored in Indian film industry. The film then delves into the weird obsession this foley artist has with shabdo (sound). After I watched the film, I wasn't really surprised why it won a National award because the film is worth the award,right from the start till the end. Kaushik Ganguly, the director has given a deep insight into how sounds are reproduced in a studio to match the visuals of a film and with how much conviction a foley artist works. Like they show the foley artist, Tarak flapping dried shal leaves to recreate the sound of pigeons flapping their wings, etc which is really interesting because such things happen in real in our film industry. The story moves forward with Tarak's obsession with sounds and how this obsession becomes a threat for himself. And the way the doctor treating Tarak finds a solution to the problem is also very interesting. Acting wise everyone is brilliant. Loved Raima Sen in the film, she actually acted in the film.
Would give the film a 4/5.
Now waiting for Kaushik Ganguly's next cinematic brilliance- Apur Panchali.🥳
just saw shool from 1999

it was aight
Gori Tere Pyaar main 

Decent first half awful second half 🥱
Ram Leela
Slow & dull in the first half , second was a bit better. Would've been a lot better if they had cut it down to 130-135 mins. Liked the locations & the gujju culture shown by SLB.
Performance wise both Ranveer & Deepika were good .. Supriya Pathak was amazing 👍🏼 , Gulshan whom i last saw in "Shaitan" did a decent work here too.
Overall , a one time watch

2.5/5
I also watched Lakeer Ka Fakeer starring Bigg boss 7 contestant Ajaz Khan , it had a good plot ,was based on the crime world of Mumbai.
All the actors did a good job especially the guy who played a corrupt Police Officer.

3/5
The Delivery Man - kinda crappy. 😆 Slow, serious, jokes weren't funny. Concept and actors were good, but the film was pretty average overall. 1.5/5. 
Thor 
Loki I love you all over again... Yeah that says all about the movie 😆 He won me over in Thor 2 as well and honestly I watch Thor only for him. He's the best badass ever! 

It's that one superhero movie in which I'm persuaded to root for the villain instead of the hero. Poor Thor 😆 Loki FTW 🥳😆

Avengers 
I've lost the count on how many times I've repeated this movie. Loki and Tony Stark are bang on with their humour and awesome screen presence. I love these two! 

The story is good if you're a superhero fan and the blend of different heroes is flawless. Yeah there are silly loopholes but overall the output is top class that you can give a blind eye to those. Marvel comics never bore me and they top my list over boring DC stuff 
Just watched "Dhoom 3" at PVR Select CityWalk, Delhi. It will be hard to write spoiler free review,but i will try.

My take on the movie:-

First of all hats off to action director of the movie. This movie was more like a Indian  version of Fast & Furious, than a Dhoom series movie. I mean in a good sense. I loved all the bike racing scenes. I can watch this movie couple of times more only for those scenes.

Script was not very good, but it was not bad either. Liked the circus stunts performed by both Aamir & Katrina.

Acting:-

Aamir = 4.95/5 = He is easily the best actor of bollywood. Especially his confrontation with Abhishek in Park just before climax was mind blowing. He just took the "Dhoom" franchisee to another level, which i doubt anyone can surpass. They should end the series here only.

Katrina -= 3/5 = Her role was not more than flower pot, but that was expected. But to be fair, she put lot of hard work to pull of that circus stunts. It was visible by her performance. I don't think any other bollywood actress can currently put so much physical effort for any movie. She is hot, but she need to lose some weight from her thighs. 

Abhishek = 3.5/5 = He was ok, not bad, not good. I liked him in some of the scenes.

Uday  = -1/5 = The less i say about him is better. He was only tolerable when he was not required to open his mouth.

Special mention to that Australian actress who played the role of Police officer, She was smoking hot. 

Music was let down, but i liked the background score.

Music = 2/5

Overall rating for movie is 4.25/5

Highly recommended...

edit - typo
Edited by nishu786 - 10 years ago
Dhoom 3
It was entertaining like really entertajining but ypu know not as much as the biggest film of the decade should be But still It was worth the money Aamir was better than my expectations Actually he really carried the film like a true star Kat luked the best she ever has but her role was so useless If ypu are gonna use her as glamour quotiwnt still let her come on the screen atleast Abhi was decent n kinda disappointing like Kat But visually it was a real treat, the songs were fun to watch It should have been shorter thpugh, a bit too long for my taste