Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
👏watched Mr. India on Sunday on Zee. Classic film indeed.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Billu-Maamma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
watched Dhoom 3..the movie was gud but Katrina role was very short and i m really pissed off because i watched the movie for Katrina.🥺
Minionite thumbnail
Dhoom 3

Dude if there was ever a movie I could watch again and again it would be this! Watched it in IMAX and I could feel as if I was sitting in the movie itself watching the events unfold.

The beginning was cool with the little bit of background and introduction of the young Sahir. Such a cute kid.

Then we fast forward into the present and damn! That first chase was too cool! I wanted it to happen again and again and again. And Aamir tap-dancing! Wicked! Then of course we have the hilarious entry of Ali and Jai. I couldn't stop laughing until the main beating began. The movie continued at an awesome pace though I don't get why Katrina was introduced in this movie to begin with. She appeared for a total of 3 songs and maybe 5 scenes. Call that short.

But the major surprise came after intermission. As it has been revealed in several places Aamir was playing twins and that's the surprise. You're totally not expecting it but when it comes it completely shocks you. And that's what it did to me.

The movie continued at a great pace and for the first time in history I wanted the "bad" guys to win! Man Aamir was awesome! I felt sad, I felt like crying, and I felt like running into the movie and helping him win. I won't reveal the ending, but I can say that it's enough to make you want to cry as well.

Now to some logic:
  • Why is it that Chicago police called Jai and Ali to help? They could have called anyone, but why Chicago police?
  • Victoria knows Hindi. Okay. But she said she only knows a little bit of Hindi still she understands Ali clearly. Err...
  • Once a police officer leaves their jurisdiction they can't have guns, make deals, or do any of these other things. Yet Jai and Ali do all that. Err...
  • Since when did Switzerland's dam and mountains appear in Chicago?
  • Why is it that Mr. Anderson didn't age even one bit in the 20 odd years or so?
Overall the movie was awesome! Sure there were logic pieces missing, but taking the logic with the action, stunts, and music, I would give the movie a 4 out of 5. Must watch.
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
Dhoom 3:
script, dialogues and music ki aisi ki taisi!

mujhe following questions ke answers ki talaash hai:

1. jackie shroff is 5 years older than aamir and plays his dad! by that logic shouldn't katty be the unborn child of aamir jiske upar usne swear kiya?

actually logic ki bhi aisi ki taisi!

I'd have actually enjoyed the last chase if Aamir didn't look like an android! Oh, and I totally believe he's only watched Dhoom 1 and not Dhoom 2..everything from jumping into a water body to keeping a stone face like John Abraham was a match!

Favorite dialogue:
Bank manager: who is behind this
Police inspector: a thief
🤣

So the year started with cars with parachutes(Race 2) and ended with bikes with floats! Sahi hai! waiting for BW's scientists ki nayi discoveries in 2014! 

I actually don't want to score the movie coz it's not worth it! But I loved the TVC they played in the interval:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGvr3PhLgx8[/YOUTUBE]

so much love<3<3

ETA: I don't mind slo mo when it's DPad's party girl avatar and her hair is going swish-swish! But dude!!! Slo mo in a bike sequence! Ugggh😵

edited the illness bit coz that was quite insensitive of me:)
I read up on autism after Shreya's answer!😳
Edited by FullyFaltoo. - 10 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Dhoom 3

Expected extraordinary but sadly was compelled to settle with ordinary 

Chicago Police can't find a translator and brings in Mumbai Police, two people who cannot catch a thief for peanuts for help. Ayo WTH was that? Those chasing scenes were too exaggerated and too much slow motion which was annoying

Aamir can overact too! Thought it was SRK's specialty 😆 Man he had too many constipated expressions along with Abhishek to look serious. I liked him only in la My Name is Khan avatar. Sadly the movie was screaming for Hrithik and I missed him

Overall it was okish but far behind the previous two Dhoom movies in terms of the story. Loved the Malang song and Katrina was gorgeous in it. Anyways I'm disappointed since I had high hopes 
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
English Vinglish. Good movie. Sri was amazing. This is why she is THE DIVA OF INDIA. Period. Edited by Meredith - 10 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: FullyFaltoo.

2. what disease was Samar suffering from..he acted like a cross between Rohit and Jhilmil but had an eidetic memory! 

Actually I think he was autistic.
Minionite thumbnail
Chocolate

The movie was pretty good. There are many things that work really well. For example the entire plot was really good. The way it was written was good as well. And the way it was paced and moving was good as well.

The mistakes were the casting though. If instead of Tanushree Dutta they had cast another actress who was a lot better it would have worked out well. Casting the others was a good idea though. The songs were a mistake as well. Mummy Se Na Kehna? Err excuse me! If instead of the whole song they had just aired a minute of the actress dancing to some background music it would have been better.

Anyways, I'll give the movie a 3 out of 5 because I feel like being in a lenient mood today.
gelato thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Dhoom 3 : My rating 1.5/5
Things I did not like.
1. Aamir's constipated face during car chase and tap dance. Aamir Khan's ear is way too distracting. His ears looks like an elephant ears.He should have grown hair to cover his big ears.

2. Abhishek hasonly one expression throughout the movie. He was better in Dhoom. His expressions has not changed from Dhoom 2. He looks lazy throughout the movie. He does not have any screen presence. He has significant role in the movie.

3. The songs are not melodious. All songs are easily forgettable.

4. Katrina hasabout 6 scenes. Out of 6, 4 of them are songs (5th one is the dating scene and the last scene). She has 14-15 dialogues and she hardlyspeaks in Hindi. She is expressionless. Her kissing is awkward with Aamir. There is no chemistry between her and Aamir. She looks old (35+ years) in Malang song. She does not look fresh in this song.

5. The movie is way too long.

6. The entry fighting sequence of Abhishek is way too long (almost 15 minutes long).

7. The bike chase is way too long. After 5 minutes, it getsrepetitiveand boring.

8. Finally, the script has lot of loopholes and it never ends. The editing is very bad. Theycould have easily cut down to 2 hour 15 minutes which would have been ideal.

Things I liked :

1.Aamir as Samar is good. It is not one of his best movies.He is highly overrated in this movie.

2. Katrina is good in both Kamali and Junoon song.

3. I can't believe that I am saying this. Uday is much better than Abhishek and Katrina. He is kind of a relief in this boring movie. He has better lines than Abhi and Katrina.

Edited by gelato - 10 years ago
DushtKanya thumbnail
The Conjuring 
3.5/5