| OS Contest Voting Round | *Voting till 28th* NT pg 7

Posted: 10 years ago
Hello all!
Here is the voting round for the OS Contest. 

You can votes for how many ever entries by clicking the like button. Depending on the number of likes, we will decide the winner.

MID's are NOT allowed.

Good luck!

Voting closes on the 28th of December at 11:59 IST.

NOTE: If anyone's entries are missing, please PM me.
There are a total of 11 entries.

Regards,
Qubool Hai DT
Edited by DancingDiva. - 10 years ago

Entry #1

As Zoya completed the final paper snowflake and stuck it on the conservatory window of her childhood home in New York, she noticed her two little angels, Mahek and Mehtab, staring towards the winter wonderland of the back garden in awe and excitement.  The lingering aroma of a delicious Christmas Eve dinner they had just devoured was spread in the house. Her Aapi had pulled out all the stops, inviting all of Zoya's acquaintances and friends whom she hadn't seen in years.

The entire evening had been marvelous and she had enjoyed flaunting her sexy husband to her friends and was filled with pride while introducing her little munchkins. Mahek and Mehtab had basked in the attention that Zeenat and Anwar, along with their other relatives in New York, had showered them with.

And now, as her Aapi, Jeeju and Asad sat in the living room by the fireplace and sipped their coffees and munched on festive cookies, Zoya felt a wave of immense happiness wash over her. Bringing her hands together in a quick prayer, she thanked her Allah Miyan and then Zoya went over to where her children sat on the couch by the big window with their faces pressed against the glass and gazing outside.

Kneeling down in the middle of her little boy and girl, she wrapped her arms around them very softly and whispered, "My Ammi senses are tingling and they tell me that some little Khans want to go out. Hmm, now, can those be these two," she squeezed their sides, "Do you want to go out there?" Zoya smiled.

Mehtab's brown eyes, identical to his father's, lit up at once - almost rivaling the shining Christmas tree in the room. He jumped up and down with obvious delight and hugged his mother.

"YES! Ammi, yes, yes, yes! Come on! Let's go now. Now!" he squealed and turned to face his elder sister Mahek and for once, the two siblings seemed to want the same thing. She was as excited as her little brother.

Zoya stood straight and said, "Well, kiddos! First we have a big task ahead of us. Getting Abbu ready with us! Shall we go and get him from the living room?" she questioned them. Before she had even finished her sentence, her sugar-high kids broke free from her embrace and were chasing down the hallway towards the living room.

"Abbu! Abbu! Abbu!" their excited calls preceded them as they reached the front room, and it caused Zoya to smile to herself.

She felt as if she couldn't be any happier. This was the life she had dreamed of when she was a little girl and had written that silly wish list of hers. Being married to the love of her life and having the loveliest children with him. After so many troubles and bad experiences, everything had finally slotted into place for the pair of them and now, they were here! In New York, celebrating the holidays and being a family.

Christmas had always been her favorite time of the year. The atmosphere is always so festive and people are so happy. Zoya used to stroll in the market places and see the twinkling lights in all the stores and the snow on the ground. Given that the cold used to be biting but she loved the warmth of her favorite coffee! Her Jeeju used to take her out for hot chocolate when she was in school.  Sharing all these memories with her husband had settled a sense of calmness over her. It didn't hurt that Asad had also fulfilled her little fantasies of being kissed in Time Square and under the mistletoe. She giggled at the memory. Asad could be romantic when he wanted to be.

And now, seeing her children here and enjoying themselves filled her with so much joy, happiness and pride.

Zoya stood at the sitting rooms entrance, grinning as she noticed both Mahek and Mehtab cuddled into Asad's side giggling, kicking and squealing as he tickled them to death, just as he usually did when they bombarded him.

"Does Abbu want to come out as well then?" Zoya questioned them in the midst of laughing, twisting her wedding ring slowly and passing her husband a soft smile as he looked at her.

"Although it's cold outside, I can't say no. They should have the complete experience, right?" Asad responded as he planted a kiss upon both Mahek and Mehtab's foreheads as they got themselves up breathlessly alongside him.

"Can we build a snowman?!" Mehtab asked as he peered up towards Asad in complete admiration. A definite Abbu's boy, that's for sure.

"Of course little man!" Asad told him and bent down to ruffled a grinning Mehtab's brown mop of hair before letting him free as he rushed towards the hooks in the hallway to try and reach for his coat, boots and winter attire.

Zoya felt a small hand slot into hers and noticed Mahek peering up towards her with a sweet smile.

"And snow angels too?" She wondered, lulling her head to the side as she nuzzled herself into Zoya's arm as she gripped tightly onto her hand.

"And snow angels," Zoya repeated with a solemn nod of confirmation.

As Asad brushed past her following Mehtab's lead, he planted a soft peck upon Zoya's lips and rubbed soothingly down her arm with his hand as some form of affection before grasping hold of Mehtab's coat and winter clothing and began helping him put them on. Mehtab seated himself upon the bottom step of the stairs, humming a Christmas song as the excited look remained on his face. At the same time Zoya helped Mahek slip on her winter clothing, covered from head to toe in pink, just like a pretty little princess which is what they always called her. Their little princess Mahek.

"Right! We've got about an hour out there and we shall make the most of it!" Asad began as he noticed himself and Zoya were both ready to go outside. Rubbing his hands together as the excitement was apparent in his voice as if he was a little kid himself. He noticed Mahek and Mehtab rush ahead of him cheering as they made their way to the conservatory doors.

"I love you," Zoya whispered into his ear softly whilst rubbing his arm gently before giving him a smile.

"I love you too. This was a great idea, Zoya - coming to New York, I mean." he responded, stroking the side of her face with his gloved hand before opening the back door to allow the kids free.

They walked towards the backyard with their gloved hands intertwined. He gave her a quick kiss before joining their rambunctious kids.

The hour spent outside was definitely made the most of, that's for sure. A large snowman had been made under a well practiced Zoya's instructions and guidance. The kids learned quickly the art of nicely rolling the snow and piled up the head and the body of the snowman while Asad helped them make the largest part for the bottom of the structure. One carrot had been kindly donated by their Zeenat Khala from the kitchen and an old hat and scarf from Anwar's wardrobe too. As Mahek had wished, there had been several snow angels made in most of the snow which was left leaving just enough for Mehtab to scoop up a bundle and throw in the direction of Asad.

With a gasp, Asad turned to face Mehtab with a shocked expression on his face.

"That's it... I'm going to get you," he teased grasping a tiny amount of snow causing Mehtab to squeal and run around the garden trying to hide away from Asad who slowly chased him around so he had the chance to get free'.

"Help me get Abbu so Mehtab can win," Zoya whispered into Mahek's ear causing a devil-like smirk to emerge upon her lips as Mahek herself bent down and scooped up as much snow as she could in her arms and lobbed it towards Asad.

Asad let out a shriek and his eyes widened towards Mahek as if that hit was completely unexpected.

"Not you too, baby girl!" Asad whined, pouting sadly as he continued to follow Mehtab around the large garden he himself used to run around when he was little.

"Ammi told meee tooo!" Mahek sung happily, skipping along as she collected more and more snow and threw it towards him, hitting him on the back of his jacket and on his trouser leg.

"You!" Asad gasped as he pointed towards Zoya pretending to be shocked as if she was a traitor.

With a delicate shrug, Zoya lifted up some snow herself and rushed towards him.

"We need to win, of course!" Zoya smirked causing him to shake his head over and over and stop himself from running' as snowballs were thrown at him continuously, left, right and centre. Asad took fast strides and grabbed Zoya around her waist and swung her around. Their kids laughed and cheered their father as he "wrestled" with Zoya. They sure wrestled, while sneaking kisses in between.

"I give up I give up!" Zoya shouted, falling dramatically and pleaded Asad to stop tickling her. Mehtab and Mahek looked towards each other before giggling as they rushed towards Asad and dived on him causing him to shriek out again and wrap his arms around them and effectively got his off their Ammi.

"Help I'm trapped help!" Asad pretended to panic, squirming underneath them as he pretended to fight them off whilst failing'. Zoya giggled, clutching onto her stomach as she couldn't help but laugh at the sight in front of her.

She really did have the best family ever. Hopefully, this would be one of many holidays they would share together as a family and in New York and enjoy themselves completely.

For Asad and Zoya was so nice to just relax and not have to worry about kids jumping in their bed in with the crack of dawn. While parenthood was very rewarding, it left very little alone time for the couple. The morning of Christmas, Zoya woke up feeling fresh and relaxed. She realized that it was past eight thirty in the morning and her little devils had not come barging in their room.

"They are out." Asad muttered in a hoarse voice against her neck and gave her a soft kiss, as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her even closer; knowing where her thoughts were. "It snowed more over the night and they could hardly wait. Aapi and Jeeju are there with them. I guess snow has its charm?"

"Mmm hmm" Zoya hummed and snuggled with her husband. "Snow has its novelty. I used to spend hours and hours outside when I was their age."

"This is nice," Asad whispered against her chest, winding his arms under Zoya and pulling her on top of him. "And enough talking, make the most of this silence, shall we?"

He cupped her cheeks and brought Zoya close and kissed her. The kiss was soft and warm and full of love. His hands squeezed her cheeks them let them wander the length of her body. They kept kissing and touching for a while and settled back against each other.

"Zoya?"

"Hmm?"

"Where is my present?"

Zoya laughed at her husband's childish behavior. He had been bugging her to tell him what she had gotten him for weeks. It had started when they had gone shopping and Zoya had declined to shop for Asad, saying that she already had her present for him. Surprises were hardly Asad Ahmed Khan's forte.

"You are being such a baby, love!" Zoya exclaimed but got out of the bed and walked over to the closet. She walked to the very back of the closet and dug out a well hidden little box. Hopping back on the bed, she handed the neatly wrapped box to Asad and shook her head at his eager expression.

Considering how eager he was, he sure did take his sweet time to open the gift. Carefully peeling off the sticky tapes, he unfolded the wrapping paper and kept it aside - after folding it properly. Zoya rolled her eyes at him - some things never change.

Asad looked at the plain looking wooden box in his hand and gave his wife a dubious look. After her encouragement, he opened the box and peered inside. Nestled in the box, lay a single white stick, proudly. He did not need time to decipher what it meant. He had been privy to this moment twice in his life before, and each one had been special and dear to him.

He looked at wife, who had tears streaming down her face. He grinned at her and teased her.

"Nine months of your crying and emotional outbursts, love?" he smirked.

Zoya swatted his arm but cuddled up to him, "You ready for another one, Jahanpanah?"

"With you by my side? Always. I love you and thank you so much for this gift." He kissed her temple.

"I love you too. You are thanking me as if you had nothing to do with this. You were there remember?" she snickered at him.

"Oh I was. And I recall it was a great night. Your birthday, right?" he gave her a devilish smile and waggled his eyebrows. "Merry Christmas, Zoya. I am so happy to be here with you. It really is beautiful this time of the year, here."

Zoya only smiled and kissed him again, "Merry Christmas, Asad. Haven't you heard? It's always Christmas in New York!"

And she pulled him down as she lay back; fusing their lips in their private little way of celebrating the season.
Edited by Visha_Dhami - 10 years ago
Entry#2
Asad lay on his side with his hands tucked under his pillow, as he stared at the window, watching little flecks of white snow dance across the night sky and disappear. It'd been weeks since he and Zoya turned up at her Aapi and Jiju's apartment door in New York. While Zeenat remained a little apprehensive of Asad, Anwar had welcomed him in warmly, making sure to clear the guest room up for him to stay in. And Zoya... Asad shut his eyes and sighed loudly as he thought about her.

Zoya had tried to keep the smile on her face as her Aapi and Jiju bombarded her with questions, keeping her answers as simple as possible. She had even announced about how happy she was to be able to return to her old room, but Asad could hear the catch in her voice. He knew that it wasn't that she was unhappy with her Aapi and Jiju. She was unhappy with him, for snatching away from her any chance of finding her Abbu. But she didn't say anything to him, choosing instead to support his decision quietly.

And it was this forced happiness of Zoya's that made Asad feel worse everyday. To top it all off, tonight was Christmas eve, so quite naturally, Zoya was trying to be extra cheerful. Asad found himself unable to deal with it, so he walked off to his room without having dinner. Now he lay here on his bed, hungry and alone. He opened his eyes and continued staring at the snow as it fell, that being the only thing he had left to do since he'd just thrown the responsibilities of Dilshaad Constructions on the vice president without so much of an explanation.

A frown grew on Asad's face as he noticed an unusual movement at the corner of his window, someone... or maybe something red seemed to be creeping upwards slowly. His eyes widened as realization dawned upon him, when the top half of the face of the creeper came into view. Zoya! What in the world was she doing outside his window in the middle of the night?! He rushed over to the window and swung it open, reaching out to grab hold of Zoya's upper arms as he hauled her up.

"What do you think you're doing Miss Farooqui?! Climbing a building in the cold of the night in a flimsy cardigan?? Are you crazy?!" Asad yelled as he settled a shivering Zoya on her feet next to him. He began rubbing her arms over her red cardigan sleeves, trying to bring some warmth to her form. But the cardigan was wet, cold and unhelpful, so he peeled it off her skin and resumed rubbing her arms, this time directly on her skin. Zoya inhaled sharply as Asad shifted one hand to her face, pushing her wet locks away from it.

"Woh main... you didn't have dinner. And when I knocked on your door you didn't respond. So I thought of climbing through your window with coffee... just like old times. But it was difficult to climb with a frumpy jacket and a bag in hand, so I dumped the jacket downstairs. Didn't realize it was just going to get colder and colder with each step up the fire escape," Zoya tried to explain, pouting prettily as she gripped the bag in her hand a little tighter, just as Asad finally noticed it, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Zoya..." Asad whispered, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and gathered her body close to his, resting his chin on top of her head as she pressed her cheek on his chest, clutching his collar with her free hand. A small tear began to form at the corner of his eye despite the smile on his face. He laced his fingers in her hair as Zoya pulled her head backwards slightly, and gently placed a soft kiss on her forehead, earning a low but audible sigh of content from Zoya as she closed her eyes.

"Chalo, let's have that coffee," Asad decided, as he guided Zoya to the bed, sitting her down and taking the bag from her hand before settling down next to her. He took out a thermos and his favourite black mug from the bag, the one Zoya made sure to pack before they left India. As he began pouring the hot coffee into the mug, Zoya reached into the bag, pulling out a packet of butter cookies. She tore the packet open, making a few cookies fly onto the ground and bed. She smiled at Asad sheepishly before hastily picking them up, as soon as she heard his sad sigh.

The both of them sat there silently for a while, Asad taking slow sips from the mug before offering some to Zoya, and Zoya taking bites of the cookies before passing them on to Asad. Both the coffee and cookies finished that way, and Asad placed everything on the bedside table, pulling Zoya towards him as he engulfed her in a side hug. Zoya rested her head against his shoulder, drawing small circles on his thigh as he stroked her hair, tucking the loose bits behind her ear.

"Aap jaante hai Mr Khan, main New York mein har saal Christmas manaati hoon. Sometimes it's a quiet affair, just Aapi, Jiju and I, drinking hot chocolate, all curled up on the sofa, watching Christmas movies. Sometimes I get invited to Christmas parties. I remember there was one year, I'd had a fight with my high school best friend right before Christmas. She kept trying to contact me after that, but I bluntly refused to speak to her. So on Christmas Eve, she sent me an invitation to her Christmas party through Aapi. I told Aapi I wouldn't go, but Aapi explained to me that since my friend was being the bigger person and extending a hand first, I shouldn't be childish about it and just give her another chance. So I finally did, albeit reluctantly. It was only when she spoke to me at the party that I understood where she was coming from, and we could finally start over. I realized all this happened only because I didn't give her a chance to speak to me, only because I had chosen to escape instead of face the problem," Zoya explained, her voice breaking a little towards the end of her story.

Asad pulled away, letting go of Zoya completely as he turned away and covered his face with both his hands, resting his elbows on his knees. He knew exactly what Zoya was trying to say, and it was a little surprising that she had even bothered. Since the time they had arrived in New York, both he and Zoya had not spoken about India at all. Dilshaad had tried to contact him by calling Zeenat numerous times, but Asad had never taken the call. Heck, even his vice president kept trying to contact him to ask him when he was going to come back, but he didn't even attend to those calls. It's true, he was shirking his responsibilities. Actually, Zoya had put it more aptly. He was escaping. Not only was he escaping his responsibilities, he was trying really hard to escape all of his problems, with Ammi, with Zoya, with... Mr Rashid Ahmed Khan, by hiding out in this small room in New York. And it wasn't going to work for much longer.

He turned back to Zoya when he heard the obvious swallowing of a sob, just to see Zoya stand up from the bed and begin walking to the door, wordlessly. Asad quickly got up and followed after her, grabbing her hand and stopping her just before she could open the door.

"Let's go back Zoya. Ghar chalte hai," Asad whispered, earning a loud gasp of shock from Zoya as she turned around. She took a large step towards him before throwing her arms around his neck, gripping him in a tight hug. Asad trailed his hands around her waist, gliding one upwards in a circular motion as he stroked her back.

"This is the best Christmas gift ever," Zoya exclaimed through her tears, before lifting her head from his shoulder and planting her lips on Asad's without further thought. She immediately pulled back, and looked away as she opened her mouth slowly, trying to explain herself. She cringed a little when she couldn't figure out what to say, pretty sure that Asad was going to give her an earful now for her lack of tehzeeb. But when she finally trailed her eyes back to his, she didn't find them full of anger like she had expected. They were twinkling in amusement and... something else she couldn't place.

Asad brought his hand close to Zoya's face, using the pad of his thumb to wipe away a tear still finding its way down her face. She leaned into his touch as he cupped her face lightly, pushing her chin upwards as he lowered his face, capturing her lower lip between his just as she closed her upper one on his, kissing her softly. Zoya's hands gripped the back of his shirt as Asad weaved his finger through her hair, angling her head as he increased the intensity of their kiss.

"I take it back. That... that was the best Christmas gift ever," Zoya whispered after they finally broke the kiss, resting her ear against his chest as she soaked in the sound of his heartbeats. Asad chuckled softly, his arm still securely around her waist, pinning her to his body.

"Chalo, now it's time for my Christmas gift!" Zoya announced after a while, pulling away from Asad and grabbing his hand as she led him out of the room. They walked across the hall in silence, as Zoya pointed to Zeenat and Anwar's room door before pressing her index finger against her lips, indicating to Asad that they'd gone to sleep. They arrived at the kitchen, and Zoya guided Asad to the table, seating him there before taking a plate out of the fridge and putting it in the microwave.

"Your gift is dinner?" Asad asked incredulously, as Zoya brought the plate out of the microwave and set it down in front of him. She nodded and laughed, as she pulled the plastic microwave lid off of the plate.

"I wasn't going to let you sleep on an empty stomach, so I put your special Christmas dinner in the fridge. Now quickly have it so we can go to sleep!" Zoya explained happily, as she pushed the plate towards him. A small smile curled up her lips as she watched Asad stare at the plate in shock.

"Kya karoon Mr Khan, Christmas is a happy occasion, and Jiju loves this so it's what we have every Christmas, as well as any other happy occasion. Merry Christmas Mr Khan!" Zoya wished Asad, just as he tore off a piece of his roti and dipped it in the baigan bharta that Zeenat had prepared for the Christmas dinner. Merry Christmas indeed!
Entry#3

REINCARNATION

THIS STORY IS ABOUT ASAD, AND ZOYA.

HUMEIRA IS REINCARNATED INTO ZOYA WHILE ANURAG IS REINCARNATED INTO ASAD. 

ASAD: LIVES IN MUMBAI. HE HAS 1 LITTLE BROTHER, AYAAN. ASAD IS A BIG BUSINESS MAN AND HE IS THE SAME AS IN THE SHOW.

ZOYA: DAUGHTER OF SIDDIQUE BOSE. HAS 1 BROTHER, HAIDER. LIVES IN LONDON. SHE HAS THE SAME CHARACTER AS IN THE SHOW BUT HER DRESSING STYLE IS DIFFERENT.

HAIDER: MARRIED TO NAJMA AND HAS A BABY 2 MONTHS OLD. HE LOVES HER SISTER AND MISSES HIS MUM HER DREAM IS HALF COMPLETED AND THE REST DEPENDS ON ZOYA.

AYAAN: HE HIS BROTHER. HE MOSTLY TAKES CARE OF THE BUSINESS. 

THIS STORY BEGINS WITH HAIDER AND HIS MUM GOING TO THE KHAN RESIDENCE FOR THE ENGAGEMENT, BUT ZOYA ISN'T THERE. HER FLIGHT IS ABOUT TO REACH INDIA BUT NO ONE CAN GO PICK HER UP SO THEY SEND OUR DARLING ASAD TO PICK HER UP.  SO HE GOES THERE AND THEN HE FINDS OUT THAT HE HAS NEVER SEEN HER. WHILE THINKING WHAT TO DO NEXT, USKE TAKKAR HO JATTI HAI.

Z: TUM DEKH NAHAIN SAKTE. (WE DON'T SEE THE FACE)

A: TUM DEKH KAR NAHIN CHAL SAKHTE.

A: EXCUSE ME, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO.

THEN WE SEE THE GIRLS FACE IT IS NO OTHER THAN ZOYA

Z: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR SELF IT IS YOUR FAULT AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN SAYING SORRY

A: MY FAULT OU COULD HAVE SAID EXCUSE ME

Z: OH REALLY WHY DON'T YOU SAY EXCUSE ME OR YOU WERE DAY DREAMING OF GIRLS LIKE ME

Z: WHEW THESE INDIAN BOYS THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE

A: FOR YOUR KIND INFO. ASAD KHAN DOSEN'T THINK OF GIRLS, GIRLS THINK OF HIM

Z: OH OVERCONFIDENCE TUM JAISE LADKE MERE EK ISHARE PAR MARTE HAIN

A: TUMHARE SAPNO MEIN NA

JUST THEN ASAD'S CELL RINGS, IT'S AYAAN

AYAAN: TUM LOG KAHA HO

ZOYA IS ABOUT TO LEAVE WHEN SHE HEARS HER NAME

A: AYAAN MAINE KABHI BHI ZOYA KA CHERA NAHIN DEKHA AB ME USE KAISE PECHANO

AYAAN: OH HA ME USKA PHOTO TUMHE BEHJ TE HOON BYE

A: ITNA GHOOROR ACHA NAHIN HAI YA MEIN YEH SAMJHO KI TUMHARA MERE UPAAR DIL AGAYA

JUST THEN ASAD RECEIVES THE PICTURE AND IS SHOCKED

Z: AB MEIN BATAOON MEIN YAHA KYON RUKI

A: OH TO TUM HO KRIPA CHALE

Z: NO JAB TAK TUM SORRY NAHIN BOLTE MEIN YAHA SE NAHIN JAOONGE AUR AGAR MEIN WAHA LATE POOCHE TO MEIN AALIYAH DI SE KAHOONGI KI TUM YAHA MUJHE LENE LATE POOCHE. AUR TUM AALIYAH DI KO PHELE SE NAARAZ NAHIN KARNA CHATE

A: (SACASTICALLY) SORRY MERE MA CHALE

A: AB NAHIN CHALNA

Z: MERA SAMAN

A: OTHAO DON'T TELL ME YOU WANT ME TO CARRY YOUR BAGGAGE

Z: PLEASE ANGAD (GIVES HIM A SAD PUPPY LOOK)

A: OK

PICKED THE BAGGAGE

A: KYA TUM PORE COSMETIC KI DUKAN KHARID KE LAYE HO

Z: PATANE DI NE KAISE DRIVERS RAKH LIYE HAI

A: DRIVER

PUTS YHE BAGGAGE DOWN

A: KHUD OTHALO

Z: SORRY PLEASE (YAH SE NIKAAL PHIR BATATIEN HOON LOOK ON HER FACE)

HE PICKS UP THE BAGGAGE AND THEY DRIVE OFF.
Entry#4

It was about 9.30 at night. Asad's black Honda accord skimmed through the bustling traffic in the fifth avenue. His eyes roamed through the happy faces in the crowd, couples walking hand in hand, young children thronging in candy stores, the glaring neon lights boasting of some of the most expensive brands in the world, the jostling concertgoers in central park...images of a city dipping itself in the colour of celebration; but his mind registered nothing. His hand moved mechanically on the steering wheel, sailing the car down the road, towards his destination which lied ahead; His modest home in West 96th street, Manhattan.
Asad drove down the shadowy, tree lined street leading to his house. The head lights of the car pierced through the darkness ahead. The car swerved right and came to a screeching halt, as the glaring light unveiled something so unexpected that his breath caught in his throat for a moment.

A young couple was kissing fervently, leaning against the wall. HIS arms were wrapped around HER waist, squeezing her tightly to his chest. She cradled his neck and responded with a raw intensity equally matching his fierce passion. She'd been lifted off her feet with the impact of the kiss as both consumed each other's lips in an uninhibited display of love.

Asad's heart abruptly started pounding in his chest. A strange emotion coiled inside him; something that was buried so deep in his heart that he'd forgotten its existence. He took a deep breath to calm himself down, but his senses were on fire.

"Hey mate, sorry!" the guy blurted out and shifted a little from his place, carrying the girl in his arms. He had tousled blonde hair and a cute, boyish charm. The girl was a brunette and she kept her face buried in his neck.

"It's all right!" the corner of Asad's mouth twisted in a half smirk. *Raging teenage hormones...what else!* he chuckled inwardly and drove away.

After changing to a pair of comfy cotton trousers and a black t-shirt, Asad stepped outside for some fresh air. He leaned against the fence and looked up in the sky, his mind still struggling to brush off the strong, desirous sensations he felt not so long ago.

"Hello, A-zad." It was his neighbor, Tamara. She carried the trash bag to her front gate and dumped it there. Then she turned to Asad and gifted him a dazzling smile. Clad in a pretty white linen top and bedtime pink pajamas, she looked like a porcelain doll.

"It's Asad. A-S-A-D..." Asad smiled fondly. "but you already know that, right?"

"Forget it. Both sounds hot, by the way." She winked. Asad's face reddened and he dropped his gaze to ground.

"So, what's the plan? Got yourself a date yet for the new year's bash?" Tamara had a naughty twinkle in her eyes.

"Ah...err...not yet. Didn't give it a thought, actually." Asad admitted coyly.

"Well, you should keep your eyes open... remember, charity begins...in the neighborhood." Tamara's face broke into a smile as she lightly traced his jaw line with her finger.

Asad squirmed a little from her touch. He stepped back from the fence and pretended to be busy in checking the mailbox. His hands touched something inside and he pulled it out.

It was a red pouch with a message on it. Asad took his mobile phone out of his trouser pocket and tried to read the message with the screen light. It read:

The one thing you want to do before you die

Inside the pouch, there was a card with the words MY WISH:...' printed on it. Asad stared at the card, confusion writ large on his face.

"It's the latest Christmas surprise." Tamara's voice startled him. "You have to pen down the one great wish in your life...and who knows, it may come true." She said.

"Sounds a little cheesy to me." Asad looked skeptical. He was not comfortable with the idea of opening his heart out to some unknown community member who'd clearly got an over-imaginative mind.

"You bet it is!... but everyone in the block has got one of this. They are gonna collect it tomorrow and play some kind of lucky draw', and the winner walk away with the greatest wish of his/her life fulfilled." Tamara shrugged.

"Are you kidding me? Like, seriously?" Asad crinkled his nose.

"Be careful what you wish for, honey! Best of luck." Tamara flashed that glorious smile one more time and walked off.

Asad rested his head on the table, with the wish-card' in his hand. For the past half an hour, his mind had been frantically searching for something to put down on that piece of paper, but coherent thoughts seemed to elude his foggy, fatigued mind.

He'd set up a cozy fire in the fireplace. The reflection of orange flames flickered on a photo frame kept on the table; partially illuminating the poised and graceful face of a woman. Asad slowly looked up and stared at the picture. His lips quivered with pent up emotions. His eyes were shining brightly with unshed tears.

"Ammi, it's been almost a year since I saw you. Trust me, I have no regret that you chose abbu over me. Agaar aap ki jagah aur koi hota toh shayad yehi karta. If your happiness is with him, then so be it. Par aap ki bahut yaad aati hai, ammi. Mujhe pata hai Allah unke bandon ka imtihan lete hain, lekin ab main bahut thak gaya hoon, ammi. Mujhe bass kuch der apke godh mein sar rakhke sona hai. Please." Asad's voice faltered. A drop of tear escaped from the corner of his eye.

It was snowing outside. Asad's eyes followed the snowflakes as they spiraled down from the sky. They mirrored the aimless journey of a man who grew up without a father, was separated from his brother in his childhood...and finally abandoned by his mother, who was like a pillar of strength in his life. What could a man like him wish for, except not to love ever? Even the idea of holding someone close to his heart scared him

The silence and loneliness surrounding him grew intense with each passing moment. He yearned for a comforting touch, an assuring smile, a healing word...someone to call his own. He remembered his brief encounter with the highly infatuated couple outside. They looked completely besotted with each other. The way they were drinking in each other's happiness! The touching of hands, the brushing of lips, the entwined breaths, the unabashed celebration of physical love...

He stared at the wish-card for a few moments, and then scribbled down:

MY WISH: is to make love to a woman before I die.

His immediate instinct was to scratch it out and burn the paper. However, going by his luck, winning was not exactly his thing. His wish would probably end up at the bottom of the wishing well. Asad let out a soft sigh and shoved the card inside the pouch.

"Aapi! No. Just NO!" Zoya yelled at the top of her voice, but Zeenat didn't even flinch. She had adopted the familiar authoritative look and looked determined not to get bogged down in her younger sister's arguments.

"Zoya, tu mujhe batayegi ke aakhir teri problem kya hai? Akram is such a nice boy. He is smart, educated and belongs to a reputed family...aur kya chahiye tujhe? Please don't tell me now that you're never going to get married. Let's have a mature discussion once, for a change." She said with a snap.

"Aapi, what's wrong with you? Jiju, please aap hi samjhaiye na aapi ko, ke mujhe abhi nikah nahi karni hai. I came all the way from Brooklyn just to spend some quality time with you guys. I need to focus on my career, my studies right now."Zoya shook her head stubbornly. "So far, all my encounters with those prospective grooms have been a disaster. Instead of playing match-maker, can you please help me with my project, Aapi. At least that'll fetch me higher grades in graduation."She pleaded.

"Arre meri bachchi, tu aapni aapi ko chhod, aur mujhe bata ke tujhe project main kya help chahiye? After all, Zoya Farooqui's jiju can do anything...for his little kiddo." Anwar ruffled her hair affectionately.

"Yeh hui na baat! High five, jeezs!" Zoya bumped fists with her jiju. "Actually, I am doing a project on community service. It gives me an opportunity to interact with the less privileged, the senior citizens, differently able children...basically anyone who needs support and companionship. I am looking forward to interact with such people. Please suggest a few names if you think my project can help them."

"Wah! Zoya, you are my Florence Nightingale! Dekha Zeenat, humari Zoya kitni badi aur zimmedar ho gayi hai. She wants to make the world happy. Kitne nek khayalat hai iski!" Anwar was brimming with pride.

"Aap khamosh rahiye, jee. Aap ke laad pyaar ne hi to isse bigad ke rakhkha hai." Zeenat glowered at Anwar. "Aur aise kissi ko aap jaante bhi hai, jo Zoya Farooqui ke madad ke bina mare ja rahe hai?"

"Well, what about Mrs. Evans? She is quite old and living all by herself. Surely, she wouldn't mind a little help in the chilling winter." Anwar suggested.

"Jiju, Mrs. Evans' niece Katie is my classmate. She and her family are visiting her this winter. Offering help to her will be inappropriate in the presence of her relatives." Zoya frowned.

"Then you can get in touch with Mrs. Dolly Punjabi, the elderly woman living across the street with her young grandson. She may need help with babysitting." Anwar said thoughtfully.

"Jeez! Isn't she the loud-mouthed, nitpicking old lady who takes too much interest in others', especially young girls' love lives?" Zoya pouted. "Thanks, but No, thanks!" she dismissed her jiju with a gesture of her hand.

"Have you guys ever met the fellow who's residing at house no. 17?" Zeenat asked suddenly, taking the other two by surprise.

"No. Why? Is he hot?" Zoya bit her lower lip and flashed her dimples.

"Shut up, Zoya. I didn't mean that. Actually, one day I was passing by the house. The window of the drawing room was open. I saw a guy, clad in a black kurta and dhoti, talking to a picture. He looked somber and I caught him wiping his eyes while whispering to the photo frame. A ruggedly good looking guy in his late twenties...aisa laga kisi shareef khandaan se hain." Zeenat recollected with sadness

"There was something so pure about the scene, it broke my heart. I wanted to go and ask him if something was troubling him. It didn't even occur to me that he was a total stranger. Aisa laga main usse barson se jaanti hoon. Somehow he sensed my gaze on him and hurried pulled the curtains down. Since then, I've never seen him. The window is always closed now." Zeenat concluded with a sigh. Both Zoya and Anwar stared at her with slightly awed expression.

"Zoya, I think we've found our guy. But there's only one problem. He's not a senior citizen." Anwar looked a little disappointed.

"Oh ho, Jiju! It can be anyone who is in dire need of help. Age is not the only criteria here." Zoya smiled triumphantly "I've decided. I'm gonna give a surprise visit to our mystery man. Now let's pray he doesn't turn out to be a loony nutcase or worse, a stoner."

Asad washed the pill down with a gulp of coffee and rubbed his temples gently. He was feeling feverish and the pounding headache had reached a stage of blinding dizziness. *Great! I'm gonna spend my Christmas day lying down on the couch and writhing in pain. Beat that.* He thought bitterly.

Ding dong! Ding dong!

The door bell rang, sending a shock wave through his already hurting head. "Whoever you are, you just won the ultimate award for ill-timing" Asad muttered under his breath as he headed for the door.

As soon as he opened the door, a high pitched voice let out a happy scream "Merry Christmas". Asad winced and covered his ears reflexively. As the initial surprise settled in, he took a good look at the person standing in front of him.

It was a girl in her late teens, or early twenties. The first thing that caught Asad's attention was the red clown nose balland the santa hat she was wearing. A pair of fitted jeans and a coral top adorned her slender frame. Her luscious, long, side parted hair cascaded down her back.

"Excuse me, Sir. Do you mind me offering my service to you?" The girl flashed a beautiful dimpled smile at him.

*Ya Allah! These guys are pretty fast! Looks like they got to know my wish and had already sent someone! I can't believe my weirdest wish is about to come true. This is a nightmare!* Asad stared helplessly at her.

*Allah Miyaan! This fellow already looks stoned. Mantaal' banda hai kya?* Zoya's smile faded.

"You're looking very pale, Sir. May I come in and have a look at you?" Zoya probed again.

"Oh yeah...yeah, sure. Please come in." Asad stepped aside and invited her in.

"Thank you, Sir. I'm Zoya Farooqui, by the way." She stretched her hand. Asad shook it lightly and immediately let go of it."I'm Asad...Asad Ahmed Khan." He mumbled.

"Mr.Khan, nice to meet you." Zoya put her bag down on the table and made herself comfortable on the sofa.

"Erm...same to you, Miss Farooqui. Now, if you don't mind, can you please take that clown nose off your face? I'm not much into costumes and role-playing." Asad blushed deeply.

"Huh...oh, yeah. Sorry. My bad, Mr.Khan." Zoya bit her tongue apologetically and removed the clown nose. *What a rude man! He looks like the human version of the grumpy cat'.* she thought bitterly.

"...and that hat, too, please." Asad pointed at the santa hat on her head. *making love to a girl dressed as Santa is definitely my cup of coffee.* he grumbled.

"As you wish." Zoya took off the hat too. "Happy now, Mr.Khan?" she asked gingerly. Asad nodded in reply.

"Okay. Now, can you please take your shirt off and lie down on the bed? I want to have a closer look at you." Zoya unzipped her bag and fumbled inside.

"We are going to start just like that?" Asad was shocked, to say the least. "Don't you think we're going too fast?"

"No, I don't. This is the most important thing, and it just can't wait." Zoya took out a stethoscope from her bag. "It's my health kit plus first aid box. Really useful." She smiled as she caught Asad staring at the bag.

"What's that for? I can assure you that I don't have AIDS...or any kind of transmitted disease for that matter." Asad gaped at the instrument with bewilderment.

"Who said you have AIDS?" It was Zoya's turn to get shocked now. "Don't panic. This is a regular check up." She touched his hand reassuringly. She immediately felt his skin was burning with fever. His breath was hot and heavy too.

"Ya Allah, aap ko toh kaafi tez bukhar hai. Aap please yahaan chup chap so jaiye. Let me get some food for you, so that you can take the medicine afterwards." Zoya arranged the cushions on the sofa and made him lie down on it.

"So, do I have to pay you some extra bucks if you cook for me, or is it for free?" Asad's voice was weak and weary.

"Off course it's free. I'm here to help you, remember? Please feel free to share anything with me, okay." Zoya caressed his forehead briefly before heading for the kitchen.

Within half an hour, she returned to the bedroom with a cup of steaming hot coffee and plate full of pancakes. She was surprised to find him wide awake and looking a bit nervous.

"We can't do it. I don't have any protection at home. I'm sorry." He blabbered out before she could ask anything.

"What are you talking about? My coffee and pancakes are not so bad that you need protection against them!" Zoya pulled a chair and sat beside the sofa. She helped Asad to straighten up on the sofa and fed him those pancakes with great care. Her innocent, almond shaped orbs were filled with concern. Asad's eyes lingered on her beautiful face. He sipped his coffee silently and took the medicine offered by her.

"Ab aap thodi der ke liye araam kar lijiye. Thik hai?" Zoya squeezed his hands lightly. Asad clutched his fingers with her and whispered "Could you please stay here till I fall asleep?"

"Yes, I will. Now go back to sleep, Mr.Khan." Zoya ran her fingers through his hair. Asad slowly drifted to sleep.

Zoya caressed his forehead till she could hear the soft snoring sound of his breath. She let out a soft sigh and stood up. It was time for her to leave. Just when she was about to leave, she heard a rustling noise. The pages of a diary, kept half open on the table, were fluttering in wind. Zoya hesitated for a few moments, then picked it up and started reading.

Soon she was completely engrossed in the inner world of Asad Ahmed Khan, exploring little details from his everyday life; his pains, his sorrows, his loneliness and his joys. When she finally finished reading in the advent of dawn, her eyes were moist. She smiled through her tears while reading the last entry in the diary, where Asad had revealed his greatest wish and what he wrote on the wish-card. Suddenly everything started making sense to her.

She stared at him, trying to comprehend how much this man had suffered in his life. He was looking serene and peaceful in his sleep. Zoya clutched his hands and let out a soft sigh.

The next morning, Asad woke up to the aroma of fresh coffee and fresh bread. Zoya was standing beside him, holding a large tray in her hand. "Wanna have breakfast in bed?" she gave him a heart-warming smile.

"Miss Farooqui, you are still here! I thought you are..." Asad was still unsure if he was dreaming.

"I promised you to stay. Remember?" she looked deeply into his eyes.

"Miss Farooqui, I guess I should tell you something. There seems to be a misunderstanding!" Asad swallowed hard "woh, actually...I took you to be someone else, who I think you are not, because you are who you are...and you are so beautiful. Ummm...I'm sorry for not making any sense whatsoever." He pressed his lips together and stole a guilty glance at her face.

"Hush...it's okay!" Zoya covered his mouth. "I know what you thought. In fact, I probably know a lot more about you than I should." She chuckled. "Agaar humara milna ek ittefaq hai, toh mujhe yeh ittefaq qubool hai." She leaned forward and planted a light kiss on his cheek.

Asad touched the spot where she kissed. His face lit up with a beautiful smile. "Miss Farooqui, do you believe in love at first sight?" he wrapped his hands around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Zoya rested her head on his chest and whispered "I guess I do now."

Mere bina main rehne laga hoon
Teri hawa mein behne laga hoon
Jaane main kaise, tera hua hoon
Mujhe toh lagta hai main shayad tere dil ki dua hoon haan
Tujhko jo paaya
Toh jeena aaya
Ab yeh lamha thehar jaaye tham jaaye bas jaaye hum dono ke darmiyaan

Tujhko jo paaya
Toh jeena aaya

Ab yeh lamha thehar jaaye tham jaaye bas jaaye hum dono ke darmiyaan
Entry#5
New York isn't exactly a city of romance but romance is there where love is. Love = Asad. The city was covered in snow. The current year was ending leading to a new one. Would the New Year bring a new change in her life? This year too like every, she asked Santa to bring her a Christmas gift, the gift of love which would be more than enough for life and beyond. Zoya sat on the office window ledge with a cup of hot black coffee which she made twice a day. It was his brand and the perfect blend to his liking. Instead of drinking it she took deep breaths of its aroma. The habit of making Asad's coffee did not leave her even after she left him.

Zoya: Allah Haafiz Mr. Khan. Aapko aapki nafrat, gusse aur tanhai bhari zindagi mubarak ho. I tried a lot ki main aapko iss nafrat se nikaaloon but you don't want to. Meri koshishein haar gayi, aapki nafrat jeet gayi. Main humesha yehi dua karoongi ki you let go of this hatred and live in peace. Jis din aap apni nafrat bhool jaaye tab mujhe dhoondhne aaiyega. Main aapko issi mod par aapka intezaar karte hue miloongi. I love you and always will.

Asad and Zoya cried facing away from each other. She wanted him to stop her and he wanted her to stop. Neither of them took the initiative. Zoya walked out of the door slamming it shut behind her. Asad closed his eyes on hearing the door slam shut. His love his life his Zoya had left him because he could not let go of the anger and hatred he felt towards Gafur Ahmed Siddique. Zoya had returned to New York. Her aapi wanted to speak with Asad but Zoya refused. She wanted him to come on his own. Zoya had taken up a job in a construction firm hoping to see him somewhere somehow as he belonged to the same field. She immersed herself in work and was not living her life.

Asad Ahmed Khan the workaholic had distanced himself from work. He spent his time locked up in his room surrounded by Zoya's memories. He too was not living his life as Zoya was no longer with him. The only time he left the house was to go to the mazaar to offer prayers for the safe keeping and happiness of Zoya. He asked Allah for forgiveness for breaking Zoya's heart. On his way back from the mazaar he visited the orphanage Zoya had lived before leaving for Ajmer. This was the only place he felt close to Zoya in a soulful manner. Asad knew that he had lost Zoya because of his own faults. It had been exactly two months since Zoya had left him. This was the last time he would come to the mazaar and orphanage alone.

Leaning back, Asad rested his head on the chair's soft cushion and let his mind go back to the incident which led to the mess. The accidental nikaah of Ayaan and Zoya had dissolved. Asad and Zoya happily celebrated the day. Their nikaah plans would be now in full swing and this time no one would be able to stop them. They received the news that Gafur Ahmed Siddique had been in a near fatal car crash. They went to the hospital for Humaira. It was there due to medical emergencies Razia revealed that Zoya was Gafur's daughter. She was the only one who could save him. Everyone was shocked. Zoya saved Gafur's life by doing the needful. She met her abbu for the very first time. Asad was happy for Zoya but she knew he hated Gafur. He did not make her choose and she knew that he would never do so. Gafur accepted Zoya as his daughter inside the four walls of his hospital room. When she expressed her wish for him to give her hand in marriage to Asad and bless them on their wedding day he backed out. He could not accept her in front of the society. He had a reputation to maintain. No one had known of his nikaah with an American born and brought up Zainab. Zoya's pain angered Asad. Asad could not handle the same happening to Zoya which was happening to him from the last 17 years. He was on warpath with Gafur. He did everything in his power to destroy Gafur. Zoya pleaded with Asad for days to stop his vendetta against Gafur. Asad did not listen to her and continued destroying Gafur. Zoya had enough of it. Asad was no longer he man she loved or with whom she had fallen in love with. Her warnings unheard by Asad so she walked out of his house hoping he would understand that hate had no place in their life and he would go back to being the man she loved.

Asad came out of his thoughts on hearing the request to fasten the seat belt. He had finally come to terms and understood that Allah would punish Gafur for abandoning his child once more. Asad smiled thinking what Zoya would do on seeing him. Asad did not know that she was no longer the happy go lucky messy Zoya instead she had become a reflection of the Akdu Asad Ahmed Khan. The plane landed in New York.

Zoya: Allah Miya what is wrong with Boss? Ab kaunsi nayi aafat aa gayi.

Ziya: Nayi aafat nahi naye partner aaye hain.

Boss: Attention everyone. I proudly present our new business partner from India's prestigious Dilshad Constructions, Mr. Asad Ahmed Khan.

Zoya's eyes widened and she froze in her spot. She lifted her eyes to look for him. Asad Ahmed Khan form Dilshad Constructions. She had to see for herself. Asad met with the employees and finally was face to face with Zoya. He smiled cordially and saw that she now had a sad wistful smile.  

Asad: Hello I am Asad Ahmed Khan and you are?

Zoya: Miss. Farookhi. Miss. Zoya Farookhi.

Boss: Zoya, aaj se tum Asad ke saath rahogi. Show him around the company and New York.

Zoya: But boss...

Asad: Humaare yahan toh boss ke saamne koi but if kintu parantu nahi chalta Steve.

Zoya: Clients and partners ko entertain karna mera nahi Ziya ka kaam hai.

Steve: Ziya Zoya kya fark padta hai?

Steve did not take no for an answer. Zoya was miffed as Asad had come not as her Mr. Khan but as Asad Ahmed Khan. He stood in front of her with his hands crossed at his chest. She constantly stared at him and he smiled. She saw a change in him. He was no more the man filled with anger. He was Mr. Smiley, suave and sexy. Asad was being friendly especially the ladies. He got on first name basis with all of them. She was hurt and angry.

Asad: Zoya...

Zoya: Mera naam Miss. Zoya Farookhi hai.

Asad: Miss Zoya Farookhi if you have a problem toh main ZIYA ke saath ja sakta hoon waise wo mere saath jaane ke liye ever ready battery ki tarah charged up hai. Jaaoon uske saath? Bas aap ek baar keh dijiye.

Zoya: It is ok ye mera job hai and I am very good at it.

Asad noticed that Zoya had changed. She was no longer clumsy and bubbly. Her sparkle less eyes were hidden behind a black nerdy spectacle frame. One main change in Zoya did not go unnoticed by Asad's sharp eyes. She was not wearing the engagement ring. He followed Zoya everywhere she went. Where ever they went hushed ooh and aah were heard. The females shamelessly drooled over Asad. She saw that he too was liking the attention and not missing hers. She felt bad. After some time Zoya was entering a door and Asad tried to follow her there too.

Zoya: Ladies room mein ja rahi hoon. Yahaan bhi aana hai aapko apni nayi saheliyon se milne?

Asad: Jee nahi mujhe aapko follow karne ka itna bhi shaukh nahi hai ki main no entry mein entry karoon.

Inside the ladies room.

Female: Aah!! Mmm!! Yes that's it. Yes Asad!! Ooh!! Yes!! Right there!! Mmm. Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

Zoya was fuming on hearing the voices and the moans. She had to find who the shameless woman was thinking about her Mr. Khan and pleasuring herself. Zoya entered the adjacent stall climbed up and saw Grace from accounting. Zoya was angry. She was cold with Asad afterwards.  

Steve: Asad I am sorry we will have to cancel the lunch. You see aaj anniversary hai 25th and wife ke liye gift nahi li. Zoya please take care of Asad and his needs. See you both at the party with your PLUS 1. Indian theme hai remember and dress accordingly.

Zoya: Plus 1???

Asad: Plus 1. Zoya?

Zoya looked at Asad thinking he was asking her to be his plus 1 but before she could say yes he told her to wait while he arranged for his plus 1. She stared at Asad wondering who his plus 1 could be. Asad took leave from Zoya telling her he had to meet someone important. Zoya played the guessing game about his secret meeting.

Steve and Farzana were welcoming guests. Asad arrived and asked them to enjoy the party. He was their partner and he would welcome all. Zoya was the last one to arrive and the only one to take his breath away. Zoya looked like a style diva in the black and off white net sari. Her ravishing attire was amazingly embroidered. The full length net sleeved black blouse had white embroidered motifs. The deep cut at the back exposed her smooth skin as the blouse was fixed on her body with two doris from which hung gorgeous latkans. She accessorized her look with simple oxidized metal jhumkas and a low coiled bun. The brilliant array made her look the ultimate classic beauty. She too could not take her eyes off of him. He was dressed in a beige jacquard embroidered short jacket with black Jodhpuri pants.

Asad: Ahem ahem.

Zoya: Jee?

Asad: Zoya wo kya hai na meri plus 1 ne last moment par cancel kar diya aur aap bhi akeli hain. Toh kyun na hum ek doosre ke plus 1 bankar chale. Accha nahi lagta na aise akele enter karna.

Zoya felt bad as Asad was asking her to be his plus 1 as a last resort. They entered together. They made a handsome couple and everyone admired them. They wished the happy couple. Zoya gave them a gift but Asad did not have one.

Asad: Wo hum dono ki taraf se. Hum saath saath jo hain.

Zoya was getting angry with Asad's changed ways. Zoya was standing with Steve and Farzana. Asad danced with ZIYA. He then came and asked Zoya. Zoya was almost pushed into his arms to go dance. They were dancing to Saans'. Farzana and Steve could not take their eyes off of them. They wished for their match making to work. Steve had liked Asad for Zoya in their first meeting. They did not have a child but Zoya was like theirs. They didn't know about Asad and Zoya and unknowingly tried to get them together.

Zoya: Why did you ask me for the dance Mr. Khan? Aapki ZIYA thak gayi ya aap thak gaye uski kamar mein haath daalkar dance karte.

She was hurt and walked away. Asad saw something followed her to a quiet part of the banquet hall. He was hurt by her words. He pulled her and pressed her to a pillar.

Zoya: Kyun mera peecha kar rahe hain? Kya fark padta hai aapko Zoya ho ya ZIYA?

Asad was holding her tight pressing his chest to her back. He slowly moved his hand over her smooth back and tightened the lower dori of her blouse. It had been 2 months since they had felt the other's touch. Asad turned her to face him. Before he could say anything she left.

Asad: Fark padta hai.

He had to tell her that her Asad had come to her. He poured his feelings in a beautiful song in the name of giving Steve and Farzana an anniversary gift.

{Phir Le Aaya Dil

Majboor Kya Keeje} * 2

Raas Na Aaya Rehna

Door Kya Keeje

Dil Keh Raha Use

Mukammal Kar Bhi Aao

Woh Jo Adhoori Si Baat Baaki Hai

{Woh Jo Adhoori Si Yaad Baaki Hai} * 2

{Karte Hain Hum Aaj

Qubool Kya Keeje

Ho Gayi Thi Jo

Humse Bhool Kya Keeje} * 2

Dil Keh Raha Use Muyassar Kar Bhi Aao

Woh Jo Dabi Si Aas Baaki Hai

{Woh Jo Dabi Si Aanch Baaki Hai} * 3

{Kismat Ko Hai Yeh Manzoor Kya Keeje

Milte Rahein Hum Baadastoor Kya Keeje} * 2

Dil Keh Raha Use Musalsal Kar Bhi Aao

Woh Jo Adhoori  Si Raah Baaki Hai

{Woh Jo Ruki Si Chaah Baaki Hai} * 4

The party was far from over. Zoya wanted to be with Asad and looked for him but he left early. She too after wishing everyone for the night settled in the office car which was supposed to take her home but it went in the opposite direction.

Zoya: Hey where are you taking me?

Silence. She was being kidnapped!!! The car stopped, she got out at once and it whizzed off. She was standing in front of her once favorite pizza joint. She got in to get help but it was empty. She tried to get out but it was locked. She felt a familiar presence and turned.

Zoya: Aap? Ye sab aapne kiya? You scared the hell out of me.

Asad: Pizza???

She had not eaten pizza for the last 2 months. She pounced on it like a hungry lioness. Asad lovingly admired her gorge on the pizza. She smiled at him with her mouthful. Once he would have found is displeasing but now it was a beautiful sight. His Zoya was coming back. She was full and noticed that Asad was sad.

Zoya: Kya hua? Aap udaas kyun hain? Zoya hai aur ZIYA nahi iss liye? Kahin dirver ne galat ladki toh nahi utha li?

Asad: Zoya please. Itne dino ke baad hum mile hain aur aap...

Zoya noticed Asad looking at her ring finger. She showed him the chain in which the ring was. Asad stopped her from removing it. He stood behind her.

Zoya: Wo clasp loose tha toh daant se...

Asad bent down and placed his mouth over the clasp. Zoya felt goosebumps as Asad's lips caressed her skin. He pulled the chain making the ring fall in the valley between her gorgeous mounds. They looked each other. It was difficult to decide who was blushing more.

Asad: May I?

She felt weak in the knees and closed her eyes in anticipation waiting to feel Asad's touch. Her eyes flew open when the felt the cold steel of a spoon on her skin. Asad moved the ring here and there causing her to moan. It was difficult to get it out as he was blind searching.

Asad: May I?

Zoya blushed and nodded. Asad could view the ring and more. Asad removed the ring from the valley and placed it on her finger. He kissed the back of her hand. They hugged each other like there was no tomorrow. It was a very happy reunion.

Asad and Zoya came back to her place. She invited him in for coffee. They laughed while crying and cried while laughing. He accidently spilled coffee on his jacket. He removed the jacket but had nothing else to wear. She was looking at him strangely and it occurred to him that her fascination was with his state of undress. She was fighting her curiosity, but her eyes kept flickering to his chest, his stomach and to his yet to be undone snap of his pants. Asad and Zoya enjoyed some closeness and shared passionate eye locks. The innocence in her eyes made him irritatingly self conscious. With her eyes constantly returning to his fly, Asad was dismayed to feel the unwelcomed arousal enlarging him. Trying to keep the air of propriety, he stepped forward and offered her his hand. She flinched momentarily, then shyly placed her palm in his. He lifted her and took her to the bedroom. He lay her on the bed and lied next to her. He had a smoldering look in his eyes and she felt very shy. He was hot. He blew on her navel and she laughed as she felt ticklish. When she had laughed her head had gone back, making her throat look inviting. Her laughter had seemed like a tangible thing that reached out and stroked him right where it felt damn good and right where it hurt him like hell. She unpinned her pallu and took it off her body. His eyes went wide for an instant before they narrowed. They scanned her face hotly, lingering long on her mouth, sliding down her throat to her breasts which swelled near the neckline of her blouse. The going back up again. In those yes was turbulence, the sign of an internal battle being waged. He covered her with her pallu. He placed a kiss on her forehead and proceeded downwards. Asad kissed her through the fabric. She felt jolts in her body and muffled moans escaped her mouth. Their mouths were centimeters apart.

Zoya: Please rukiye.

Asad: Kya hua?

Zoya: Can we wait till our wedding night? I want to be claimed by you but only after our nikaah. Kya main kuch galat maang rahi hoon?

Asad: I promise we will wait till our wedding night. I'll leave.

Zoya: Kyun? Stay with me.

Asad: Are you sure? Koi gadbad ho gayi toh?

Zoya: Nahi hogi.

Asad and Zoya hung a sheet and placed cushions in the middle parting the bed into 2. They held hands and went to sleep dreaming of their nikaah and their married life. In the morning she woke to see them lie in a compromising position. She moved off the bed, aoviding brushing up against him as best she could. But as she squeezed past him, for one heart stopping moment her high rubbed against his and she felt her muscles contract. She moved away quickly and went for a bath. She came out and saw Asad making breakfast. He kissed her on the fore head.

Two weeks later Asad and Zoya were joined in holy matrimony at Khan Mansion before family and friends. That night Asad and Zoya made love for the first time becoming one mind, body and soul till eternity.
Entry#6
"Asad where are you." Zoya whined as she talked to her husband on the phone.

"Zoe, baby calm down I'm coming but the flights are cancelled due to heavy snowfall. Sorry baby." Asad tried to pacify his wife who had become quiet moody in the past few days.

"But it's Christmas tomorrow and you know how important this festival is to us. I don't like celebrating Christmas without you." Asad could very well imagine her pouting and he had the sudden urge to just get to her through the phone and kiss her beautiful pouty lips.

"Zoya do you think I like staying away from you during Christmas? I'll try to come soon. I'll keep the phone so that I can get hold of any possible means of transportation that will take me to you before Christmas. Now stop pouting you know what that does to me." He smirked and hung up. Zoya's cheeks turned a darker hue as she stared at her phone.

She turned around to look at the huge Christmas tree standing in all it's glory at the corner of the room. It had taken her weeks to decorate it and yet it was incomplete. The star was still left to be put but it was sort of a tradition for Asad and Zoya to put the star in it's rightful place together. Zoya made her way to their room gloomily and took out the photo album from the closet. She stared at the various pictures of her and Asad; she stared at Asad's picture lovingly, caressing it as if wanting to feel him. She turned the page and saw a photo that took her back to the time they met. It was a picture of Asad and her standing near the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, smiling widely at the camera. Asad had his arms wrapped around her petite figure and her head was resting on his shoulder looking at the camera, her eyes filled with love and adoration.

Zoya hated the crowd, the hustle and bustle, the cacophony around her but what she loved was the huge Christmas tree decorated so beautifully that it made her fall in love with Christmas and New York all over again. She tuned out all the unwanted noises around her, the chattering of people, the sound of the camera clicking, the boisterous laugh of a group of young boys near her and the occasional ooh's and ah's of the New Yorkers as they looked in awe at the magnificent site in front of them. She stood there not caring about the people around her when she felt someone stand very close to her. She rolled her eyes and moved away from him slightly.

"Such a beautiful sight isn't it?" She felt her heart race as she heard probably the most melodious velvety voice of the man standing beside her. She looked at him and felt her breath hitch; she thought it was only the Christmas tree which was the most beautiful thing in Madison square at the moment but now that she had seen him she knew it was not the only one. Perfect angular face with a chiseled jaw? Check. The most breathtaking lop-sided grin showing a cute dimple on his right cheek? Check. Biceps and triceps that seemed to be peeking out of his tight jacket? Check. A well-built muscular body but not too muscular to make him look a deranged wrestler? Check. She sighed dreamily, he was carved by Adonis himself. Asad heard her dreamy sigh and chuckled under his breath. He knew the effect he had on women.

"Isn't it?" he repeated his question from earlier snapping Zoya out of her la la land.

"Um, yeah, it truly is." She looked at him shyly. Asad lifted his hand to caress her reddened cheeks, he had to admit the crimson colour of her blush made her look all the more appealing and he felt himself drawn to her.

Zoya looked at his hand and moved back a little. Asad realized what he was going to do and dropped his hand.

"So did you know the story behind this tradition of putting up a Christmas tree at this place every year?" he asked immediately in order to change the topic and divert his mind from going to the forbidden zone.

Zoya looked up at him innocently and shook her head.

"The unofficial tradition began during the Depression-era construction of Rockefeller Center, when workers decorated a smaller 20 feet balsam fir tree with "strings of cranberries, garlands of paper, and even a few tin cans" on Christmas Eve." He sounded like a History Teacher talking about the renaissance period. Zoya laughed out loud at his tone and the seriousness with which he said. Asad too chuckled with her; her laughter was like music to his ears. He wouldn't say her laughter sounded like wind chimes to him because honestly when does anybody's laughter sounds like wind chimes? That's too absurd a thing to say. But he will definitely say that her laughter made his heart soar.

"What are you? Mr. Human Wikipedia?" she giggled.

"Well that is exactly where I saw it who knew Wikipedia helps in flirting." He smirked.

"Aha, so you do admit your intention all along was to flirt with me." She pointed a finger at him and looked at him in mock accusation.

"I never denied it in the first place." He winked at her. Zoya blushed and looked away.

Asad moved closer to her and whispered in her ear,

"Will you take a walk with me?"

"I don't think I would want to leave this beautiful sight to take a walk with a complete stranger." She said, looking at the tree and not him.

Asad tapped his index finger on his chin as if pretending to think.

"Well I have an idea! How about we take a walk, get to know each other better and then come back here to watch the Christmas tree together?"

The sincere look on his face and the tone in which he spoke had her nodding her head in approval.

They walked on the street in silence which was soon broken by Asad.

"Hello beautiful lady I'm Asad Ahmed Khan." He spoke in a fake English accent and bowed down in respect in a true gentlemanly fashion. Zoya giggled and replied back in an English accent,

"Nice to meet you young man, I'm Zoya Farooqui." Unfortunately she couldn't keep the straight face for long and burst into laughter clutching his arms as she laughed. Asad could feel sparks when she touched and maybe she felt it too and withdrew her hand.

"So you said you wanted to know me better?" Zoya looked at him from under her lashes.

"Yes Zoya let's play This or That." he rubbed his palms together playfully.

"This or that? what's that?" she looked confused.

"I'll show you. Chocolate or Strawberry? He asked, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Ahh, I get it." She smiled widely at him.

"Answer me."

"Isn't it obvious? Chocolate any time. Ice cream or cupcake?"

"Ice cream. Do I look like the type of guy who would eat cupcakes? India or New York?"

"Hmm, that's a tough one. Can I pass?" she asked him. Asad wanted her to be comfortable and so he allowed her to take a pass.

"Ok my turn. Day or night?"

"I'm a night person." He said, his voice lacing with innuendo. Zoya blushed and looked away.

"Anyway my turn to ask, Pizza or burger?"

"Pizzzaaa!" Zoya squealed loudly. "Bed or couch?" the words just left her mouth and she literally smacked herself. She really needed a brain to mouth filter.

"Bed. It's more comfortable... And spacious." He said huskily. Zoya stared at him wide eyed.

"What? Have you seen me? I need a lot of space to sleep." He pointed at himself.

"Asssaad." She shook her head at him. He leaned in closer to whisper in her ear,

"I quiet like it when you say my name like that." Zoya looked away and then turned back to look at him with a grim expression on her face.

"Love or casual fling?" she asked softly.

"I thought it was my turn to ask." He pouted.

"Answer me anyway." She looked down at her feet as she walked. Asad stopped and made her turn towards him, he lifted his chin to make him look at her and stared deep into her dark brown eyes.

"Love! Your love."

Zoya looked at him wide-eyed. She couldn't believe what she heard. Was he saying the truth? Is it possible to love someone in the first meet? She looked back at herself and realized that maybe, just maybe she loved him too. But how is it possible? Love at first sight only happens in movies and books doesn't it? If she didn't love him then why she did she feel her heart race when he smiled at her, why did her heart skip a beat when he touched her, why did she blush when he whispered throatily in her ear. She was confused and began walking ahead. Something caught Asad's eyes and he called out to Zoya.

"Zoya stop."

She stopped and turned back to look at him questioningly. He ran towards her and stood mere inches away from her. Zoya tried to move back but he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her flush against him. Zoya was confused by his behaviour. Asad saw her confusion and simply pointed above. Zoya tore her gaze from his deep soulful eyes to look at what he was pointing and saw that they were standing just below a mistletoe hung outside the shop they were standing. Zoya's cheeks turned crimson but she made no attempt to move. Asad leaned in and looked at her as if seeking for permission. Zoya nodded slowly and then his lips met hers. The kiss was not soft and gentle. It was hard and fiery. All of their feelings and emotions were reflected in that one kiss. It was magic, the way his lips connected with hers, the way his tongue mated with hers, the way her breath came and went with his. If she could, she would stop the time from ticking away and freeze this moment forever. They broke away the heavenly kiss to catch up their breath and Asad rested his forehead on hers.

"I love you. I know you may think it's too early but I don't care if we've only just met. I don't care if I don't know anything about you except for that you love chocolate and pizza. What I do care about is will you stay with me to let me know you better still?"

Zoya gazed at him, her eyes full of love and nodded.

"I love you too. And yes I don't care if I don't know anything about you except for that you like ice cream and prefer a bed." They both laughed at that and made their way back to the Rockefeller Christmas tree walking hand in hand and continuing their game of this or that.

Zoya was brought back from the pleasant memories of the past by the shrill ringing of her phone, she looked at her caller-ID and saw the name Asad flashing on the screen. She immediately hit the call button and answered the phone.

"Zoeee you won't believe I feel like I'm in Home Alone. There was this group of young lads who had managed to get hold of a rental truck and they don't mind if I tag along with them. If the traffic remains light I'll be there early in the morning InshaAllah. Love you baby, I promise I'll be there with you for Christmas."

"I'll be waiting for you Asad. Come soon. Love you too." She kissed the phone with a loud smacking noise and giggled.

Zoya disconnected the call and went back to looking at the album. She saw their wedding photo. It was a traditional Muslim wedding which had taken place in Bhopal on the insistence of both her and Asad's mothers. Only within 3 months of their dating Asad proposed to her saying he couldn't stay away from her any longer and he wanted her to be his in every way.

Zoya took their picture out of the album and slept, clutching it tightly in her hand.

oOo

Zoya's sleep was disturbed when she heard the doorbell. She was disoriented at first and grunted in frustration but soon realized who it might be on the doorstep.

"Asad." She whispered and ran downstairs, taking two steps at a time. She flung the door open to see him standing in front of her and she jumped on him wrapping her legs around his waist, taking him in for a passionate, wet kiss. Asad laughed at her cat like tendencies and brought them inside the house. He broke the kiss and wished her a Merry Christmas. He reached for his bag and took out her present. It was a pretty white gold bracelet with various Christmas charms in it. It had a snowflake, a small Christmas tree, a star, a Santa cap and a stocking. Zoya fell in love with it instantly and wore it. She shook her hand to let the charms hit each other and create the tinkling sound.

"Oh my god Asad it's so beautiful." She hugged him.

"Ahem, and where is my gift?" He outstretched his hand demanding his gift. Zoya blushed.

"Check your stocking." She pointed towards his stocking. Asad was confused but he went toward it anyway. He took out a form of stick covered in pink and blue tissues. He was confused and looked at Zoya questioningly. Zoya rolled her eyes and removed the tissues to make him see what she wanted him to see. Asad looked at the stick in his hand and then again at Zoya. Zoya nodded as if confirming his unasked question and this time he jumped at her, kissing her, pouring his happiness in it. Asad pulled back and stared at his gift again. It was certainly the best gift anyone could have ever given him and he couldn't be happier. There stood in his hand a positive pregnancy test. He was still staring at his gift when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Shall we put the star?" Zoya kissed him on his cheek, right above his dimple. Asad nodded and kept the test kit safely on the table. He pulled Zoya in front of him wrapping his arm safely around her, letting his hand rest right on top her stomach. Zoya smiled at him and they stretched their hands to put the star on the top of the tree. Zoya switched on the tree lights and stood back with Asad admiring the tree exactly how they stood admiring the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.
Entry#7

Zoya counted off each marshmallow as she dropped it into her steaming mug of hot chocolate. "One, two, three, four!"

She was very particular about her marshmallows. There had to be exactly one white large marshmallow and three pink mini marshmallows. Nothing more, nothing less. The ratio had to be absolutely exact; any other combination was downright unacceptable; all cups of cocoa were to be carefully inspected by Zoya.

Meanwhile, Asad observed Zoya from his spot on the couch, by the orange crackling flames of the fireplace.

They had just returned from their little rendezvous outside, where they indulged in imprinting snow angels into the fresh blankets of the cold white powder, built a family of smiling snowmen, and tackled each other in the most intense snowball fight of their lives. Not only that, they had also baked several batches of the most heavenly cookies and embellished the apartment with ornaments, wreaths, and other twinkling trinkets.

Asad's eyes darted from Zoya, embarking on their own little journey to the window, and then to the decorations.

Zoya's little apartment was sprinkled with the most enchanting fairy lights, wrapped around the walls; a soft light radiated, bouncing across the house cheerily. Her beloved Christmas tree stood tall and proud in the living room; intricately strung popcorn-and-cranberries cascaded down the length of the plant. Tiny ornaments hung from the branches like the wispy little pink blossoms on trees in spring. The dazzling star stretched out its arms from the very tip of the Christmas tree in a welcoming gesture with its warm glow. Gossamer white ribbons joined the soft red bows in a gentle, swaying dance with any slight breeze that wafted in their direction.

The whole house was dusted with sparkles, stars, glitter, and tinkling bells. Zoya was extremely meticulous when it came to her decorations.

Asad turned his attention back to the little fairy - the sole mastermind behind the extravagant glitz and glamour - clad in her fluffy, cherry-blossom pajamas.

Zoya set down her mug of cocoa gently on the smooth surface of the coffee table, and joined him on the couch. He draped the soft fabric of the red blanket over their legs as she leisurely rested her dainty, slipper-covered feet on the table.

"Are you bored?" she asked him softly, those soft brown eyes sparkling up at him.

"No, I'm having the best time." Asad leaned forward and gently kissed the tip of her button nose.

Zoya beamed up at him, flashing a deep-cut dimple, before taking her mug and slurping her sweet liquid. She grabbed the bag of marshmallows and stuffed the sticky bits of fluff into her mouth, one after the other, devouring the little sweet-treats. Asad smiled at the thought of her childish heart.

"Cold?" he asked suddenly, to which she nodded. He shifted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her into a cozy embrace, causing her face to turn a light pink shade.

"The hot chocolate smells good," Asad whispered in a husky voice a few moments later. Zoya's playful heart skipped a beat. "Do I get a cup?"

"Sure!" Zoya managed to respond with a muffled, high-pitched squeak. She looked up at him, her eyes wide and cheeks bulging. Taking the biggest gulps she could muster, her cheeks reduced in size, rather similar to a deflating balloon.

"How many marshmallows would you like?" she called out to him later, clumsily opening-and-closing cabinets and drawers with rather noisy bangs and thuds.

"Oh, no thanks. I don't want any." Asad shrugged. Yawning a little, he smoothed out the rosy-red blanket covering his lap. He wasn't one to fawn over sweets.

The bag of the gooey balls of sugar flew out of Zoya's hands, hitting the floor with a light thud. Her jaw dropped, her eyes increasing in size  - resembling saucers. Asad frowned.

"ALLAH MIYA! What's wrong with you, Mr. Khan?" she exclaimed in sheer horror. "What kind of a person are you?! What do you mean?! You can't possibly have hot cocoa without marshmallows!"

Asad raised an eyebrow and the corners of his lips lifted up teasingly. His eyes shimmered with a mischievous glint. "But why not?"

"B-be-because," she stuttered, unable to find a convincing argument. She placed her hands on her hips, attempting to look firm but failing miserably. "You just...CAN'T!" She pouted angrily, resulting in a chuckle from Asad.

"Allah miya! You're LAUGHING? How can you laugh at a time like this?" Zoya screeched in utter despair. "This is a SERIOUS matter! We're talking about hot chocolate WITHOUT marshmallows, for Allah's sake!" A disputatious Zoya roved and ranted - complete with elaborate gesticulations, waving arms, and widening eyes to accompany her argument.

Amused, Asad smiled and shook his head amicably at her frivolous little outburst. "Okay, okay, give me some marshmallows."

Zoya smiled victoriously, happily plonk-ing the perfect ratio of marshmallows into his drink with a slight splash. She then placed the mug in Asad's hands, plopping herself on the couch beside him. She waited patiently as he sipped his cocoa; the suspense was killing her.

"Good?" she questioned curiously, her head finding its favorite spot against his chest. He tucked a wandering lock of her silky hair behind her ear tenderly; she loved it when he did that.

"Amazing. You were right." He dropped a kiss in her hair.

She only stuck her tongue out at him and smiled mischievously. She grabbed the blanket from under his firm grip with a squeal.

"Hey! Zoya!" Asad struggled, only to fall on his back and land in a heap. As of right now, Zoya's limbs were tangled with his. She popped out from the middle of the chaos all of a sudden, only to gather a handful of marshmallows and launch them at Asad.

"MARSHMALLOW WAR!" Zoya laughed, her peals of infectious, melodious giggling spinning in the air like fluffy strings of pink candy-floss. Asad chuckled again, and threw as many marshmallows as he could reach right back at her, until she fell on top of him in his arms.

"Hey, wait!" Zoya abruptly exclaimed, squinting into the distance. She gasped. "One of the lights fell!" Scrambling to her feet, she skidded over to the corner of the room which was guarded by the Christmas tree. She stood up on the chair, fiddling with the decoration.

"Zoya, be careful please," Asad chided her.

"Don't worry, Mr. Khan." She gave the string of rainbow lights a final twist, then planted her hands on her hips. "See? There's nothing Zoya Farooqui can't do - whoa!"

She teetered dangerously on the tips of her toes, fighting to regain her balance. She held on to her unflinching determination as tightly as she could. Unfortunately, in the war between Zoya and the chair, she lost. But Asad swooped in, gathering her in his arms, and prevented her from falling.

Zoya laughed nervously. "Sorry?" she offered brightly, gazing up at him with innocent eyes. Asad just sighed good-naturedly.

She pointed up to the doorframe. "Mistletoe," she whispered, and blushed, her face coloring a soft, rosy-pink hue. Asad rubbed his nose against hers lovingly, before sealing her soft pink lips with his own.
Entry#8
"Please Mr. Khan! Just this once!", Zoya begged. Asad scowled at her and snapped back at her, "I said no! For heaven's sake stop begging, because I'm not coming!" "Please, please, please! I promised Megan that you'll come! She'll be really upset with me, if you don't come! Please, Mr. Khan! Pretty please?" Zoya made the best puppy face she could manage, her big brown eyes boring into his. "Please, Mr. Khan?", she tried, once again. Asad tried to keep up his 'I'm not coming anywhere!' angry face, but he found his resolve melting in a matter of seconds, as Zoya batted her lashes at him. He rolled his eyes and sighed. He found himself saying, "Ok, fine. Just this once." Zoya squealed and clapped her hands. She threw her arms around Asad, giving him a quick hug. She pulled away and beamed at him, showcasing her perfect adorable dimple. Asad found himself zmiling back at her. She claimed, "You're the best Mr. Khan!

And his heart skipped a beat. He couldn't rip his eyes away from Zoya, as she descended from the stairs. She looked absolutely breath taking. The scene was perfect! Ok, fine! Maybe not exactly perfect, the fact Zoya was bounding down the stairs, like a happy pup, kind of ruined it, just a little. Nevertheless, Asad couldn't stop himself from gazing at her. She skipped towards him, grinning. She twirled around and clasped her hands together, as she asked, "So, how do I look, Mr. Khan?" She gleamed at him, waiting for his reply. She was wearing a navy blue dress. A pattern of sequins adorned it, in the front and the sleeves. Asad smiled at her, as he said, "You look absolutely beautiful." Zoya smiled her 1000 watt smile at him, as she replied, "Thank you! You look really handsome yourself!" Asad smiled and replied, "Thank you. So, how are we going?" "Jeeju said that we could borrow his car.", Zoya replied. Asad scrunched his eyebrows , as he asked, "But I haven't got a license here, yet, so how am I supposed to drive?" Zoya rolled her eyes and said, "Mr. Khan, you're not the one who's gonna be driving, I will." Asad raised an eyebrow, he asked, "You can drive?" Zoya gasped dramatically, as she exasperated, "What kind of a question is that? Of course I can!" Asad feigned an expression of horror, as he responded, "Does that mean we're gonna end up in the hopsital, anytime soon?" Zoya scowled at him and shut him off, "Ha ha, very funny. Now, I'd appreciate it if you would stop being a drama queen and get going." Asad shook his head, amusedly as he watched Zoya turn on her heels and head towards the door. He shoved his hand into his pockets and followed her. He carefully stepped out of the door, extremely cautious of the white flakes lying crisp and sparkling, beneath his feet. You can take it in two ways, he was either trying keep the snow clean, or he might have done it, just to keep the flakes of his polished black shoes. You can take the one which sounds better, to you. "Come on, Mr. Khan! Stop being such a sissy!", Zoya called, leaning against the car. Asad glowered at her, obviously not happy with being referred to as a 'sissy'. He walked towards her, a little faster. She opened the door for him, he probably felt mortified, right then, having a girl to open the door, for him. Zoya chuckled, to herself, as Asad got in. Asad guessed, she mist have figured out why his ears had gone so red. Asad chose to ignore her. Zoya got into the driver's seat and started the car. She turned on the radio and started driving. Zoya grinned, as she realized that it was one of het favourite songs. She sang along, 

"Yellow diamonds in the light
And we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine
What it takes to come alive."

Asad rolled his eyes, finding the song very stupid. 

" It's the way I'm feeling I just can't deny
But I've gotta let it go."

Asad was about to block his ears, shut, just when Zoya caught his left hand, with her right and sang the chorus, smiling, looking at Asad every now and then,

" We found love in a hopeless place
We found love in a hopeless place
We found love in a hopeless place
We found love in a hopeless place."

Asad groaned, finding the whole thing ridiculous. 

"Shine a light through an open door
Love and life I will divide
Turn away cause I need you more
Feel the heartbeat in my-",

Asad turned the radio off, glaring at Zoya, while she scowled back at him. "What was that for? I LOVE that song! Do you even know how awesome Rihanna is? She is amaz-", she was cut off, rudely, by a frustrated Asad, "That was a stupid song." Zoya glowered at him and said, "Fine then! I'll change it." She turned the radio back on and changed it to a different radio station. The music boomed of the speakers and Zoya found herself grinning, once again, as she heard Adam Levine's voice, sing,

"I am in misery
There ain't nobody who can comfort me, oh yeah
Why won't you answer me?
The silence is slowly killing me, oh yeah!"

Asad turned off the radio once again. Zoya turned and looked at him, pitifully, she declared, "Mr. Khan, you really are in misery!" Asad slumped back against his seat and mumbled, "What ever."

Then, suddenly, the car stopped. Zoya furrowed her eyebrows, as she stepped on the accelerator, again, but the car refused to budge. Asad frowned and asked, "What happened?" Zoya gulped, as she replied, "I think the car broke down." "What?!", Asad yelled. Zoya got out of the car and made her way towards the front. She lifted the hood up and immediately staggered back, as a surge of smoke poured out, leaving her coughing and spluttering. Asad got out of the car and looked at Zoya, quizzically. "Are you ok?", he asked, genuinely concerned. Zoya spluttered a little more, before she replied, "Yeah, I am, but I think it'll be quite a while before we can get the car fixed. So...I think we should just go there by walk." Asad looked at her, incredulously, he could have devlared that she was absolutely crazy. They were lucky enough to be at side lane of the road. He asked, "We need to be there at 6.30 and its already 6.15 and you want us to trudge a mile...in this snow?" He stomped his right foot, twice on the white flooring, to emphasise. Zoya groaned and exclaimed, "Come on, Mr. Khan! It will be fun! Trust me!" Asad raised an eyebrow, not really believing her. Zoya took her purse, out of the car and pulled out her phone and dialled her jeeju's number. She heard his voice ring into her ears. She replied, "Hi jeeju! Actually, there's a tiny little problem, here. The car broke down, for some reason, so me and Mr. Khan are gonna go here by walk. Yeah, the car is just outside Primark. Ok then! Thanks, Jeeju! Allah hafiz!" Zoya put her phone back into her purse and extended her hand towards Asad, gesturing him to take it. She quickly shut the hood with her free hand and pressed the lock button, on the key. She looked at Asad and smiled, who looked as stoic as ever. She hitched her skirts up a little and counted down "Three." Asad frowned, he asked, "What are you doing?" "Two." Asad finally seemed to realize her intentions, he tried shrug his hand out of her grip, but she tightened her hold. "One." "Zoya, no!", Asad yelled, desperately trying to free himself.  "Go!", Zoya announced and took off, dragging an infuriated Asad, behind her. Both of them ran through the streets, Asad stumbling, now and then, due to the snow. Surprisingly, Zoya was well balanced, even though she was wearing a four inch heels, strappy pair of shoes. "Hurry up, Mr. Khan!", she urged, "We're getting late!" 

By the time they got there, it was 6.50. Both of them stopped in front of the entrance and panted heavily. Zoya grinned at Asad, her face completely pink, due to the cold air. She managed to say, between her uneven breaths, "That... was... awesome!" "Absolutely not!", he snapped back, at Zoya. 

"Megan!", Zoya squealed. Megan squeaked back, at her, "Zoe! Oh my God! You are looking gorgeous, babe! But where on Earth were you? I was so upset, thinking you wouldn't turn up!" "You look stunning, sweety! And jeez, you are such a drama queen! Why would you think that I wouldn't turn up for your first wedding anniversary? I'm only twenty minutes late! The car broke down and we had to, literally run, here!", Zoya explained, using these weird hand gestures. "What do you mean by 'we'? Did your boyfriend come along with you?" Zoya stuttered, as she felt Asad's gaze on her, "M...Megan! He's not my boyfriend! He's my fianc!" Megan huffed, "What's the big difference? Anyways, boyfriend sounds more romantic. So, did he come with you?" "As a matter of fact, yes, he did! As promised, here he is!" Zoya held out her amrs towards Asad. Megan's immediately looked towards Asad's direction. Her eyes widened, she clasped her hands together, she shrieked, "OH. MY. GOD! So, you are the Asad Ahmed Khan? Omg! I can't believe it! Zoya has told me so much about you!" Asad smiled at Zoya and she reciprocated his smile.  Megan continued, "The first time Zoe spoke to me, after she got to India, she told me that you were perhaps the most annoying person on Earth! She used to curse you so much! Oh, the irony! One day, she video called me, on Skype and she was like, "You know Megan, Mr. Khan looks pretty hot." You should have seen her face! She was literally red! Blood red! No! Rose red! That sounds more romantic. Seriously, I was laughing my socks off! She-" "Megan!", Zoya yelled. Her face had adopted a very interesting shade of red. She turned to look at Asad, to see his reaction, but turned back, just as soon as she saw her face. She could see that he was slightly embarrassed, but he was more amused. Zoya pulled Megan, a little, towards her and hissed into her ear, "Are you mad? I only said that he looked good! When did I ever use the word 'hot'?" "Babe! Why are you getting so worked up? It means the same thing, anyways! Doesn't hot sound so much more romantic?", Megan said out loudly, possibly loud enough for everyone present, there, to hear. Zoya rolled her eyes, true enough, her dear friend  was a die- hard romantic; she almost tried to find something romantic, in every single thing. A few people laughed and Zoya thought she heard Asad's laugh somewhere, but she chose not to probe the matter. She dismissed, "Ok, fine! What ever! Now where's Mark?" He stepped forward, from the crowd that surrounded her. She smiled at him, as he went and stood beside Megan. "Happy, first anniversary, you two!", she wished. A few cheers came up, from behind. "You two, make sucha cute couple!", Zoya squealed. Mark laughed, "Not as stunning as you and Asad!" Megan nodded in agreement and Zoya blushed, slightly. To avoid any additions to the 'Embarrassing moments of the evening' list, she quickly diverted the topic, "Thank you! Now, let's started with the party! The theme is ballroom right? So what are we waiting for, let's get dancing!" People whistled and cgeered, while clapped her hands, excitedly.

After the cake cutting, the couples made their way to the dance floor. Asad took Zoya's hand in his and made his way towards the dance floor. The music started and the couples swayed. Asad twirled her, pressing her back, aginst his front. He nuzzled his nose into he nape of her neck. He heard a sharp intake of breath, from Zoya. He smirked and pushed away the few strands of her, blocking full access to her neck, with his nose. He buried his face deeper, into her neck, as they sawayed. He allowed his lips to touch her smooth, milky skin, earning an extremely small moan from Zoya, it was almost audible. He twirled her back around, causing her to face him. An evident blush had creeped up her cheeks, Zoya refused to meet Asad's eyes. Asad leant forward and rest his forehead on Zoya's. He whispered, "So, what else do you think about me? Of course, apart from the fact that you think that I'm 'hot', what else. He felt Zoya stiffen, she looked mortified. He twirled her, again, making her back land on his chest. He let go of her hands and placed them on her stomach. He could feel the heat rising, between them. They continued to sway, Asad's hands, still placed on her stomach. Zoya held on to them, tightly. They continued swaying and twirling, until the music stopped. A round of applause spread amongst the young couples, present there. Mark and Megan stepped forward. Mark announced, "This evening has been an absolute pleasure to me. I can't thank Megan enough, for being in my life. I love you, Megan!" Megan's eyes teared up, she quickly rose to her toes and gave Mark a peck on his lips. Some of the audience clapped, while thw others awwed. "I love you, too, Mark!", Megan squealed.

"Mr. Khan! Wait! I'll jut use the restroom, be back in a minute!", saying so, Zoya rushed off to the ladies room. Asad leant back against the wall and recounted the evenings evennts. He smirked to himself, as he remembered what Megan had said. "She called me 'hot'.", he said to himself.  He smiled to himself, as he remembered their dance, he'd probably never seen such a shy Zoya, before. Soon, Zoya came out of the rest room. "Let's go, Mr. Khan!", she called, walking right past him. Asad caught hold of her elbow and pulled her towards him. He quickly wrapped an arm around her waist and pinned her against the wall. Zoya looked around, frantically, praying that no one had seen them. "What are you doing, Mr. Khan! Let go of me! Someone might see us!", Zoya hissed. "So?", Asad casually asked, "What's the big deal, now? You're my fianc and I have every right to romance you." Did he just say that? Zoya looked absolutely flustered. Using his free hand, Asad pushed away a stray strand of her hair, from her face, letting his index finger, brush over her face. Zoya looked away, as she found a shy smile, forming against her lips. Asad buried his forehead in the nape of her neck and kissed here there, gently. Zoya fisted the sides of her dress in between her palms, as she shut her eyes, tight. Asad pulled his head away from her neck and began to stare at her lips, instead. They were slightly parted, tempting him, all the more. He leant forward, parting his own lips, slightly and placed them on hers. Zoya's eyes sprung open, but she didn't retreat. She returned the kiss to him, placing one of her hands on his shoulder and the other one holding the back of his neck. They pulled away after a few seconds. Zoya immediately turned on her heels, ready to sprint away, but Asad pulled her back, again and wrapped his arm around ger waist. "Thank you.", he whispered, while Zoya smiled, unable to meet his eyes for more than a second. 

"Oh my God! You guys are so naughty!" The love birds pulled apart as Megan bounced towards them, her phone in her hand. Grinning, she thrust her phone into Asad's hands, letting him see the picture she'd taken of the bpth of them, when they'd kissed, leaving both Asad and Zoya absolutely embarrassed. Asad handed the phone back to her, as he cleared his throat. Megan turned her attention back to the picture. "Aww! You two look so romantic!", she swooned. She suddenly gasped, "I'm so sorry guys! The picture got a little blurred there." She pointed toward a tiny part of the picture, which had got a little distorted and continued, "Can you guys do that again, please? I really want proper picture of it!" She looked at Asad and Zoya hopefully, while they turned to face each other, absolutely exasperated. That was one crazy night!
^I dont know why that is happening :(