Anime

Manga Recommendations by Genres

jodah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hi all Anime lovers πŸ€—

a runing list of all our favorite Anime manga series
 that you would recommend to other friends πŸ˜Š
 Follow the format below while posting your recommendations so people can choose according to their likes. πŸ˜³

Format for Manga Recommendations

Name :  
Genre:  
Demographic: 
Volumes:
Characters:
Plot :story in short
Commentsyour additional comments on why you love the manga & why you recommend it.

Love you all
jodah πŸ€—

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NaijaLuv88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Name :  Kaze Hikaru
Genre:  Historical Romance 
Demographic: Josei(female focused manga)
Volumes:  22 (North America) 34 (Japan) still ongoing
Characters: Many characters but the main lead is Tominaga Sei and Okita Soji

Plot : The story is set around 1860's in Japan where the main female character Sei is 15 years old (in today's time 13 or 14 years old) and joins the Shinsengumi to avenge her father and brother that was killed by a gang of men claiming that her father betrayed the Chosu clan. She shaves the top part of her head and dresses as a boy and is able to join Soji's group but he finds out she is a girl. Soon Sei falls in love with Soji and decides to stay after she is determined to protect him and stand by him. However, Soji wants to have her leave the Shinsengumi but Soji allows her to stay after a series of events that occurs. Sei meets her brother's lover Akesato and with her she is able to catch on that Sei is a girl and helps hide her secret.

Comments:If you read previous stories about the Shinsengumi then you will know most of the supporting and other main characters are like. there are times when things get intense and there is facts being thrown out but  the way the author presents them is easy to follow and catch on and i feel like i have learned more about the Shinsengumi compared to other series i have read and watched centered around them. but there are alot of hilarious and light-hearten moments.
Edited by najialuv88 - 10 years ago
NaijaLuv88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Name :  Skip Beat 
Genre:   Romance
Demographic: Shoujo or Shojo (Female focused)
Volumes33 ongoing 
Characters: at Kyoko, Ren, and Sho

Plot : Kyoko has spent her life wrapped around Sho Fuwa's world. Growing up without a father a very absent and negligent mother it wasn't hard for her to cling on to her only friend and soon childhood love. when Sho wants to become a big time musician she is the only when that runs away at 15, quitting school and leaving everything behind to help support his dreams. she handles multiple jobs just to support him while Sho lives his dream as a musician. But reality dawns on Kyoko when Sho declares loudly that he has no use for her, doesn't  love her, was going to leave her, and just see her as useless. Unexpected, Kyoko's pandora box that has been safeguarded for all these years opens and she unleashes her inner self and vows seeking revenge on Sho and vows to never love or trust anyone else again.

Commentslove this series and have been reading this for the past 7 or 8 years. I love Kyoko especially her and her weird evil spirits that attack anyone that hurts her or say something negative. she is really determined and hilarious especially when she goes on her weird imaginations or daydreams.  there are times when i wish she will just tear down her guards and fall for Ren as he is a great catch and has supported her so far. i feel like the series has been dragged unnecessarily, but i really do love seeing more of the entertainment industry and its really funny with the supporting actors. 
Edited by najialuv88 - 10 years ago
jodah thumbnail
@najialuv88 good selection πŸ‘ skip beat i am hooked with it & love kyoko β€οΈ
NaijaLuv88 thumbnail
Originally posted by: jodah

@najialuv88 good selection πŸ‘ skip beat i am hooked with it & love kyoko β€οΈ

thank you. πŸ˜›πŸ˜Šlove skip beat. waiting for more chapters to come out before i resume readingπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
_SenbonZakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I have loved Kyoko and Ren for the past 8-9 years now!! Sigh, such amazing series! 
jodah thumbnail
Name Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun
Genre:   comedy, romance , school life , shoju
Volumes: 12
Characters:Mizutani Shizuku ,Yoshida Harun ,Asako natsume

Plot : Shizuku Mizutani has absolutely no interests except in studying and her plans for the future and a boy named Haru Yoshida  who sits next to Shizuku in class but rarely attends school. After Shizuku is tasked with delivering class printouts to Haru's home she meets Haru who immediately greets her as a friend starting their new relationship.

Comments: its a nice Rom Com i'm about to finish it give it a try
Edited by jodah - 10 years ago
Name :  Hanatsukihime
Genre:  Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Supernatural
Demographic: Shoujo
Volumes: 2(8 Chapters) Finished
Characters: Siva, Lys, Russet, Haashib, Dalila, Maalouf and more
Plot: When Lys was born, her heart did not beat at all. To save her, her mother made a contract with a devil: Lys can borrow his heart until the day she turns 16, but after that, he will eat her body. Together with her companion, Siva, someone she met by chance on the desert at night, she travels around as a dancer girl to find the devil who sealed her fate. One day, while they were traveling, they suddenly meet an egoistic prince and a ring spirit...A Thousand and One Nights romance between the devil and the young girl

Comments: It's kinda of a short manga but I really love it and its one of my top fav. If you're really into DemonXHuman relationship then I highly recommned u give this manga a try. You'll love it.😳
Edited by -PixieBunnie- - 10 years ago
jodah thumbnail
Name Black Buttler
Genre:   Action, Comedy, Fantacy, Super natural
Volumes: 12
Characters: Ciel Phantomhive ,Subastian Michealis, Mey rin,

Plot :In Victorian-era London, on the night of Ciel Phantomhive's tenth birthday a fire destroyed his manor and killed both of his parents. In a moment of death Ceil strikes a deal with a demon, his soul in exchange for revenge. This demon becomes his butler and calls himself by name of Sebastian Michaelis, to protect and serve Ciel until the deal has been completed. One month after the fire Ciel returns from being missing, with his new butler Sebastian. Ceil is now the head of the Phantomhive corporation, handling all business affairs as well as the work as the Queen of England's guard dog and looking for his parents murders.
One of the noble families of England"Phantomhive"has a butler, Sebastian Michaels. He has unquestionably perfect knowledge, manners, talent with materials, martial arts and much more. But for some reason, he serves a 12-year-old master...

Comments: i am reading it & hell loving it amazing story wounderful characters ⭐️
Kaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Name :  Alice Academy or Gakuen Alice
Genre:  Shoujo, Fantasy, Romance
Volumes: 31 (not sure if completed or not...the ending seems abrupt)
Characters: Mikan Sakura, Hotaru, Narumi Sensei, Natsume, Ruka and others
Plot : Alice Academy is an academy for special children with special abilities known as alices. When Mikan Sakura's best friend, Hotaru gets admitted to this school, Mikan follows her best friend and runs away from her home. But her arrival causes a chain of events that will change the life of the people associated with Alice Academy forever.
Comments: This was my first manga and anime and I love it! Natsume and Mikan make you laugh and cry at the same time.