web browsing: computer vs phone

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Sure desktop web browsers are way more powerful than those on smartphones but still I think that phones are actually better ON-THE-GO devices when it comes to browsing the web than computers.

Mostly because now a days most of the popular websites have a mobile friendly interface. (excluding I-F πŸ˜† but still its greatly usable on phones. )
Portability for most of us is important. Everyone is running all the time in their lives. For example checking cricket scores quickly... Seeing quickly has that expected message/notification arrived on fb? And checking this and that...

Now phones browsers are getting much more advanced than these were like 3 years ago. Even the mobile internet usage is rapidly growing in India.
So can smartphone completely replace computer in web browsing?
In the field of portability, yes, definitely.. I think πŸ˜³
Edited by Pritam-Das - 10 years ago
Well smartphone devices are much better than than PC etc when it come to portability...I guess that's the whole reason they made it so you can carry it around.Laptops are portable as well however smartphones are easier to carry around for obvious reasonsπŸ˜†

In future im sure it will replace computers considering the rapid development of technology not right now though there are still a good few things that are much more convienient and easier to do on computers rather than smartphones etc.  But like i said before the   development of technology is advancing on such a fast level that it will soon replace computers.

Btw im josh and im new to the debate forum..this is my first post i've ever made here :)
i have a laptop but i only use it when i need to

majority of the time i surf the web through my samsung galaxy s4 smartphone
Dear Samsung, please also start selling jeans that can accommodate your smartphones...

Modern tragedy... Dumb people with smartphones!!
πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

PCs for me ...LOVE the power <3
I think I would rather be on my computer than on my phone. Computer is bigger so it is just nicer.
PC. That to desktop. With a big ass monitor. More than one if possible.  
I prefer computer than phone. Big screen and good battery (though Nokia Lumia battery is good better than Samsung but still not more than 2 days you have to recharge it again )
I am actually thinking of buying iPAD..I have use my sisters one and it is easy to bring anywhere, big screen and battery last long..
To be honest I am not clear on this topic. How can a desktop be useful for mobile browsing anyway? lol.

If you are on the go then

a- Smartphone
b- Tablet
c- Laptop

If you are at home then

a- Desktop PC
b- Laptop

If you are in the air

a- Smartphone

If you are in water

a- Water proof Smartphone

I think Tablets are a good balance between laptop and smartphone. They are mobile and more powerful. If you are into Apples then IPAD mini retina is a great one. If you are a android then Asus Nexus 7 inch is the best seller.
Posted: 9 years ago
this is absurd.. can you compare computer with phone.. phone is just an option.. real time experience is in computer..