TOI - Preetika speaks about Beintehaa

ParinConnects thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Bollywood actress Amrita Rao's sister Preetika Rao who has done a few films in the South and a small role in Anil Kapoor's 24, is now playing a Muslim girl who hates her husband when she is married to him in a new show Beintehaa.

We asked Preetika if she is ready for undue comparisons with sister Amrita. She says, "It's a part of this glambiz. All siblings are compared when they work in the same field. Even when I see Tanishaa, it reminds me of her similarity with Kajol. So I will be happy if I am able to impress Amrita with my work"

The story of Beintehaa revolves around Aaliya, a traditional Bhopal based girl who does not love her husband Zain (Harshad Arora). Ask her why she wanted to do TV and not follow her sister and do films and she feels that "there were many TV offers. I have to choose from what is offered."

The actor admits that since the show is about two strong individuals developing love over a period of time she feels that "co-actors need to have good rapport to develop chemistry on screen. Coincidentally, Zain and I were chosen together for another show recently, but this show started progressing faster so we chose to do this. Both Harshad and I have seen many Pakistani shows to get the diction right and understand Muslim traditional culture."

Beintehaa airs at 9 pm every Monday to Friday on Colors, starting today

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pizookie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing..
Can't wait for The show.
Marci thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Oh they were chosen to do another show together, that's it they're meant to be lol!
I'm sooo glad they chose Beintehaa, can't see my ZaYa be anyone other than Harshad and Pree!!
Narusaku thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
TFS i love the dedication they are showing by trying to fully understand a culture 👍🏼
mazkachazka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
im going crazy! they're too adorable and pree is just soo humble <3

harshika be the way you are always <3
Taniya20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Marci

Oh they were chosen to do another show together, that's it they're meant to be lol!

I'm sooo glad they chose Beintehaa, can't see my ZaYa be anyone other than Harshad and Pree!!

Yes they were... i read this interview in the beginning of the show...they are destined to work together 😉
.S.A. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pkarvi

The story of Beintehaa revolves around Aaliya, a traditional Bhopal based girl who does not love her husband Zain (Harshad Arora). Ask her why she wanted to do TV and not follow her sister and do films and she feels that "there were many TV offers. I have to choose from what is offered."

👏 Quite a mature statement which does not come even from Veterans in TV industry at times.