Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

Bheegi Bheegi Yaadei ; OS

flipfl0p thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Warning : Sorry, this OS  is  not romantic one. Not on RaBir.  Characters are picked from SSLK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mumbai. It has been a tiring day for Rachna and Nitya. Next day is the event and both have been pressurised for a week. Kabir is not present for the entire week due to his Dadi's health. He wanted to come at least the night before the show. But the flight has been cancelled at the last minute. He can only join them an hour before the event. This has put all the pressure on Nitya and Rachna. Finally they were able to finish the work and decided to go and sleep. They have been sharing the same bedroom in the hotel.  Nitya could not get sleep. She decided to walk in the lounge for a while, Rachna decided to lay down on bed.

Mobile started to ring and Rachna picked it. It was from Gunjan. "Rachna, Mayank has some office work in Mumbai and he has asked me to join him. Of course he will be busy with work. But you will be free after the event, right? I have booked the room in the same hotel you are staying. Let's have some fun". Gunjan was trying to sound cheerful, but Rachna knew she was not. Gunjan has been upset because, her career plans have been put on hold. Seema is against Gunjan choosing dance as a career. Garg family are quietly supporting Seema. Mayank bhaiya is helpless and is trying to please Gunjan to look for other jobs. This must be his attempt to cheer her up. "Fine then. Let's have dinner at the hotel together with our colleagues. It's a treat from my side", said Rachna. "Treat..!? Any announcement?", Gunjan was eager to know. "Oh Gunjan ! You are just !" Rachna's face turned red.

Nitya stood at the corridor window, staring at the sea. She kept watching the waves hitting the shore and going back. "My life is no different", she felt. "Love gets so close to me, but never drenches me. Just walks away". Yet another day, she has to endure Kabir appreciating her work, with his eyes set on Rachna. She has signed her resignation letter and wants to give it after the event is over. 
"Is that you, Nitya?" Nitya got shocked to hear the voice and exclaimed "Rajiv !?". This is something which was most unexpected for both.

Rachna felt sorry for Gunjan. She felt Gunjan, Mayank Bhaiya both are right from their side. Dance can't be a career option for conservative families in Banaras. But Gunjan is from Mumbai and dance has been her passion. Rachna continued to think, "Fashion designing was not the first career option for me as well. But still, I am happy with my job. Sometimes we might not get what we wanted. But that does not mean what we got is bad." That is where Gunjan and Rachna differed. Rachna always tried to find happiness in what she got. Gunjan always went for the things which made her happy. Who is right, who is wrong?

Both have been sitting on the shore for an hour without any words. Finally Nitya broke the silence. "Any Hockey Match here?".
"I left Hockey. I stayed here for a business visit", said Rajiv.
Nitya could not believe her ears. A person who left everything for Hockey. What made him leave his dream?
"Just like that". Nitya sensed Rajiv did not want to speak about it.
"In college, I was attending the matches just to cheer you. I never understood the rules of Hockey" laughed Nitya.
"Even now, I don't understand anything about your fashion designing", Rajiv teased her back. For a minute, they felt they gone back in time.
"Rajiv, are you free tomorrow evening?" asked Nitya.
"It depends on what you are going to ask next", Rajiv replied playfully.
Nitya: Uhh! Then, it is not going to be a request. You are going to make yourself free tomorrow and dine with me along with my colleagues.
Rajiv: With you is fine, but I won't feel comfortable with your colleagues.
Nitya sighed. "If I had time, I would have preferred to dine with everyone separately on different days. But tomorrow is my last day in this company. I don't know, when I will see you next. Just wanted to recall the happy time that I spent with all you people". 

Rajiv sensed her voice getting heavy. He said yes immediately as he did not want to disappoint her. They went back to their rooms in the Hotel. But Rajiv could not take it off from his mind, what had made the bubbly Nitya so serious in life. Nitya's state was no better. What made him quit Hockey, she thought. They realised how different their current equation is and how different the other person has turned out to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event was over. Kabir came to Nitya.
"Sorry, you have been supervising everything from scratch for the whole week. I could not join you people because of Dadi's health".
Nitya: "That's fine KT, I was just worried whether..."
Kabir: "But I had 100% confidence, it would go fine. You know, I trust you blindly", he gently pressed her hand. Nitya could not control herself. Unknowingly her eyes became watery.
"Is everything fine, Nitya?", asked Kabir anxiously.
"I am fine now, Kabir. Just wanted to give you this letter. No hurry. You can read it tomorrow. By the way, I saw Rachna going downstairs. Can you please call her? Let's go for dinner". She spotted the smile on Kabir's face with the mention of Rachna's name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir aap?", both the girls almost screamed looking at Rajiv on dinner table. Rajiv's face had a mixture of emotions. He was forced into a situation, he had tried to escape for long.
"We never thought, Nitya's friend would be you", Gunjan kept saying enthusiastically, while Mayank seemed uncomfortable sitting there.
" Heard last week, work was quite hectic here", Gunjan enquired. "Rachna, you must have got tired". Before Rachna say anything Rajiv replied, "She is not supposed to, after all a sports woman".
"Sports woman?"- This was a news to Kabir and Nitya.
"Yes of course. In fact, Rajiv sir was the coach for Rachna" Gunjan was explaining when Rajiv and Rachna remained silent. Kabir was intrigued to ask Rachna what made her quit, but he decided to ask her later.  Nitya wondered whether there is any connection between the two individual decisions. But her doubt was clarified by Mayank's clarification.
"Actually she could not have continued with the sports, our family being conservative", explained Mayank.
"Fact is, it is difficult for woman to pursue  any career in our family", Gunjan remarked sarcastically. Mayank pretended not giving an ear for her.
Nitya thought of lightening the situation. "You know what Rachna? I always felt, sport people never understand about fashion. You proved me wrong" she said playfully, looking at Rajiv.
"I don't think Rachna knew either, till..." Mayank stopped and looked apologetically towards Rachna. Rachna was just staring at the empty glass.
"What happened with your dance ambition?", Rajiv asked Gunjan. 
There was total silence. Rachna felt uncomfortable, "If I knew Rajiv Sir was here, I wouldn't have invited Mayank bhaiyya for dinner".
Kabir noticed Rachna's uneasiness and he wanted to shift the conversation. "You didn't tell us, what made you shift you career".
Nitya pretended eating, but she was full of ears. Rajiv felt uncomfortable but was man enough to admit his feelings.
"Well, you can't keep playing matches and earn your living. You have to do another job. I took up teacher's job, but it demanded me to be ideal. After all, I was a human being. I quit". For a fraction of a second, he and Gunjan quietly exchanged a glance, before Gunjan picked the glass of water. Nitya was trying to read his expression. Mayank just wanted to finish his dinner and leave. 
"I suppose, you were from a business family. Your decision must have made them happy", Nitya said casually. Rajiv's face went little dull hearing the word "family".
Rachna just got up and excused herself to go to washroom. She was just trying to dodge Rajiv out of the uncomfortable situation he was in. Being with Kabir has given her expertise, how to manage such situation. Rajiv's mind just recalled the day when Rachna brought food for him, but never revealed. He gazed as she went past him. Kabir observed him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rachna was returning, she heard "Thanks". She turned.
"Rajiv, you? I am sorry, Sir..".
"That's fine Rachna, I am not standing with my student here. I am just with a person, who stood by me quietly without any anticipation. I am sorry for not being there for you, when you needed". He could not stand any further. Rachna rushed to washroom again. Her heart was heavy, but she did not want to show it to others. 

While coming back, Rajiv bumped into Gunjan. "How are you?", asked Rajeev. "I am fine Sir". Rajiv did not say anything. But his eyes could not find happiness in her face. He decided to let her go. Mayank watched them from far. 

Gunjan came to washroom. Rachna had left. She splashed water into her face. All those memories rushed. How Rajiv was with her when she felt lonely in this world. She had a smile when she realised she met him again at a time, when everyone in family are against her. But then, situations are very different.  She is a married woman now. She recalled Rajiv's words, Mayank does not face up to problems, he evades. "So true", she felt with a deep sigh. But at end of the day, it was my choice. Was it love or my stubbornness, she wondered.

"I am sorry Bhaiyya", Rachna was feeling apologetic. "I could not make it a memorable dinner for you".
"That's not your fault Rachna. I don't think, we could have any better evening anywhere, with Gunjan not in mood."
"You need to understand her a bit Bhiyya. You know, she is from a city".
Mayank shook his head in disapproval. "It is not the question of city or town Rachna. The girl who was my worst nightmare was from Banaras. I just wish, Gunjan had a brother. She probably could have understood my position. Parent's expectation from their son is more than their  daughter. She does not understand this."
"Give it sometime bhaiyya, everything will be fine".

Rajiv was wondering whether he should speak to Gunjan one more time. But he did not want to intrude in her personal life. He looked towards the table where Nitya was sitting with Kabir. He had fairly reasoned out, what has made her sad. His mind just compared Nitya with Gunjan. He felt, Gunjan got the person of their choice but not career. Nitya could choose her career but not the person. Also in world, there are people like him and Rachna who never got what they wanted in life. Life is not very kind to everyone.

Only Kabir and Nitya were at the table and an awkward silence.
"How is your mother now?", asked Nitya. 
"Why do you want to leave?", Kabir shot straight. 
"I asked you to read the letter tomorrow".
"And you thought I would, ignoring the pain I can see in your eyes. Come on".
"I am absolutely fine"
"Nitya, call me selfish. I will not pretend. I am aware of your feelings. I know, I will not be able to reciprocate your feelings the same way. Still I think, we can make best buddies and working partners. I know, I can't be with you. Still I don't want to loose you. What kind of person you think I am?"
"A typical man", Nitya wiped her tears and giggled.

"What's going on?", Rachna and Gunjan joined the table.
"I was speaking about general attitude of men. They want to have the best of everything without loosing anything", said Nitya.
"They get it because we yield. We give up because, we don't know any other way", Gunjan was thinking and replying slowly. 
Rachna observed Kabir glancing towards Nitya. She had always felt herself inferior to Nitya.  "What was so special about me that Kabir fell for me?", she smiled at her thought and blushed. But she could empathise with Nitya. She was in deep thoughts. By then, Mayank and Rajiv also joined the table.

"Wonder, how does one conclude they have made the best choices in life ?", Rachna spoke to herself loudly.
Kabir smiled. "How does one know? Life is a journey full of unknown destinations. No one knows, what would have happened if they had got down at previous station. No one knows, what would have happened if they had continued the journey and got down at the next station. All we know is the station that we got down", he reasoned.

There was total silence on the table.
Edited by usrfan - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flipfl0p thumbnail
Disclaimer : The last sentence by Kabir. I had read it in a novel years (/decades) ago which got stuck in my head.

Zene, you asked me to write on RajNa. I tried, but I couldn't. I realised, I have moved on. The subject of story changed from love to moving on. Sorry, it is not a happy one. (You asked for a romantic OS. I wrote an obituary). I suppose, number of unreciprocated loves beat reciprocated ones in the world. Let RajNa remain in our mind as the mark of the former one.
(Uh! The next slot is already taken by Eris, before I put my note πŸ˜²  ) πŸ˜†.
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: usrfan

Disclaimer : The last sentence by Kabir. I had read it in a novel years (/decades) ago which got stuck in my head.

Zene, you asked me to write on RajNa. I tried, but I couldn't. I realised, I have moved on. The subject of story changed from love to moving on. Sorry, it is not a happy one. (You asked for a romantic OS. I wrote an obituary). I suppose, number of unreciprocated loves beat reciprocated ones in the world. Let RajNa remain in our mind as the mark of the former one.

am fast  πŸ˜†
hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
owww i liked this story, but why only a os, i hope another part comes,
this is great..
Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: usrfan

arre it s ok dear. don't tell sorry. btw reserving post πŸ˜†
brat2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Omg ! MahiπŸ€—
Am at cross roads now don't know which to take πŸ˜•
it has the pain of loosing your first love &  moving on πŸ˜³
 Omg ! Omg! I need to cry πŸ˜­
I will comment in detail later😳
Not fair OS  we need part 2😈

flipfl0p thumbnail
Originally posted by: hangok

owww i liked this story, but why only a os, i hope another part comes,
this is great..

Only two open ends. If you want, you can close the loop. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†. I deliberately kept it open, as no pair was giving me full satisfaction. πŸ˜•