The strongest and weakest points of this show: My take

Posted: 10 years ago

A beintehaan warm Hello to  everyone 😆 

I was super duper excited for today's episode, and I think the episode has lived up to my expectations. I wanted India to produce atleast 1 good Muslim drama for its' people in India and across the world so that we can know what we can do in that genre. Looks like that will be accomplished for the most part. Here is what I thought were the strongest points of the show : 

I think that IF the show does well and the TRPS come in, then  it will be because of : 

1. The AMAZING chemistry between the leads. Honestly, I did NOT think that there would be any chemistry between the 2 after seeing an interview in which both seemed so shy and uncomfy. But, ONE eye contact between them in the precap  and I can already feel the heat!! It's on guys, the reaction has begun !! lol 

2. They ( makers ) are not afraid of people's skepticism about watching a muslim show. Alia mentions a surah ( scripture) from the Muslim holy book and is seen going to a dargah and praying just like other shows display pooja's, vrats and holy festivals of hindus and sikhs. It was about time that India also showed what Muslims believe in and create harmony. This show managed to do that with Alia mentioning that her Uncle can read a particular surah on Thusday for peace. Intelligent viewers appreciate that kind of research that goes into showing such things and the dedication to fulfill what they started off saying they wanted a new flavor on TV.

3. The strong screen presence of Zain's father and the relationship between the father-son.

Now coming to the not so bright part i.e. What might be the reason for the show's failure ( Just putting it out there even though I do NOT want the show to fail to make an impact) : 

1. I was not expecting them to show the bigamy ( having 2 wives) issue. I thought it was overused in Muslim shows and that it does NOt represent the majority of practicing Muslims in the world.  If they use it as comedy as they did in today's epi then they are taking a huge RISK because some people may find that offensive. It is also against the law in India ( if I remember correctly). It is an age old thing, which was done during wars when there were widows and not enough men to support them as their responsibility by marrying them. Islam says that if you cannot do justice to both families and treat them equally then you should not go for it. In today's world it is impossible to do justice to both families since many men cannot even hadle one so it is not advised and therefore, not a common practice.  They better show that if they have decided to tacke the issue.

So apart from the above reason, everything else was tasty lol and I seriously see a lot of potential. I'm not saying this just because I personally liked it but because I think that it makes for a good story if told properly. Share your views please ðŸ˜Š

Edited by AshRun - 10 years ago
I really hope they highlight the Muslim culture in this show properly. The dargah scene was very nice. I also felt the chemistry was lacking in their interview but in that precap I was like "wow!" The chemistry was definitely evident there. Regardless of how their personalities are off screen, if they can act and emote, the jodi will rock!

I also felt the same way about the bigamy. It's becoming more and more unacceptable in today's age, especially as women are becoming educated and entering the workforce. Also is it really necessary for the story? I don't see how the brother and his wives will play an important part in Zain and Alia's tale.
It's not against the law in India. Muslim men are legally allowed to practice polygamy.
I really loved todays episode
i m already in love with the serial
Originally posted by imli123

I really hope they highlight the Muslim culture in this show properly. The dargah scene was very nice. I also felt the chemistry was lacking in their interview but in that precap I was like "wow!" The chemistry was definitely evident there. Regardless of how their personalities are off screen, if they can act and emote, the jodi will rock!

I also felt the same way about the bigamy. It's becoming more and more unacceptable in today's age, especially as women are becoming educated and entering the workforce. Also is it really necessary for the story? I don't see how the brother and his wives will play an important part in Zain and Alia's tale.

Yupp, they looked good to the eyes when together  in posters and interviews,so kudos to the casting directors  but the magic was missing. They proved us wrong though, and  I am so glad that we can see the chemistry it in the 1st scene itself. 

Exactly my point. I don't see how that bigamy will affect the overall story. Maybe they will show that it is wrong in the light of Islam and morals when men don't do justice to the women involved in the bond.I hope they do since they have already given it sooo much screen time in today's epi. Also, there is a possibility that Zain will do the same to Alia or atleast try to since he is a flirtatious rebel according to articles. I hope they don't go down that track though. There are vaious other ways to show differences between them.
Originally posted by likarsh

It's not against the law in India. Muslim men are legally allowed to practice polygamy.

Oh, is it ? I did not know that. Thanks for sharing, but I still feel that it wasn't necessary to introduce that into the storyline of 2 youngsters.
I liked today's episode too. The two leads definitely have chemistry from the precap. The only two things that do bother me is the bigamy (I find it unnecessary as well), and the fact that they are cousins as I'm not used to that.  But, that's just me. ðŸ˜›
Originally posted by Arshiforever8

I liked today's episode too. The two leads definitely have chemistry from the precap. The only two things that do bother me is the bigamy (I find it unnecessary as well), and the fact that they are cousins as I'm not used to that.  But, that's just me. ðŸ˜›

Hopefully , they will do something useful with the bigamy thing. Yeah, I understand how it is for some people to accept the cousins part.  Zain and Aaliya are not blood related so it's fine with me. They could have avoided that also, but then it is a common occurence in Muslim families.Glad you liked the epi too, thanks for replying :)  
Ur right !
Except that two wives thing , everything was awesom!
I am waiting for today 
I really liked the episode & agree with your points.
Even I thought the chemistry is lacking between the leads when I saw the promos in the beginning.
But after watching the first full fledged promo of the show in BB finale I found them perfect.
Maybe its coz of the director Maan Sir.
He's a brilliant director & brings out the best from his leads.
I've followed his past shows too & great chemistry between the leads of those shows have been the major high point.
Not that catching grabing & manhandling kind of chemistry which is so common now a days in other high Trp shows.
But he focuses mainly on little subtilities between the lead pair.
And Im hungry for subtle touches here & there in shows which is so rare to find in Indian serials coz they are mostly high on loud dramas.
Although not keeping much expectations from the show Im going to watch it as long as I find it interesting.